talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Apologise For Chris Smalling/Harry Kane Tweet

football forum

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43863444

The Football Association has apologised for a tweet from its FA Cup account which mocked Tottenham striker Harry Kane after Saturday's 2-1 semi-final defeat by Manchester United.

The message asked United defender Chris Smalling, "What's in your pocket?" and included a short clip of him saying, "Harry Kane".

An FA spokesman said: "We have written to both clubs to apologise for any offence caused."

Tottenham did not make any comment.

However, it is understood neither club was impressed by the nature of the tweet given it came from an official account.

Kane has scored 37 goals in 44 games in all competitions for Spurs this season.

The 24-year-old struggled to make an impact against United at Wembley but denied returning too soon from a recent ankle injury.

"That's people's opinion," said England international Kane. "People are always going to look for something to say when maybe you're not firing at your best.

"At the end of the day, I've still scored two in my last four (games). It's not the worst in the world.

"But when you set standards, people are going to look for things when you're not at them. I'm the same. I want to be better, I want to do better.

"I feel good. I feel sharp. It's been a tough week, a tough week for the team."

worth noting that Smalling wasn't actually asked that question. It's a clip from a different video probably asking who England's best striker. Smalling been made to look bad out of all of this and embarrassing for whoever runs that social media account.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Its amazing how Mou's defence has shut down Salah, Kane, and citeh's offense and mou gets no credit... The fact that we are doing it without a 100mill defender is even more impressive. GGMU

City? They've scored 4 past you in two games? 

7 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Two of them were Lukaku's fuck ups or it would of been only two. And since you love to keep up with us, tell me how many the best front three scored vs us?

Forgot Lukaku wasn't a part of the team. And by continuing to bring up and celebrating the fact Mane, Firmino, and Salah haven't scored against you lot, really shows the different mindset United fans now have ever since SAF retired. 

Jesus wept. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Its amazing how Mou's defence has shut down Salah, Kane, and citeh's offense and mou gets no credit... The fact that we are doing it without a 100mill defender is even more impressive. GGMU

can't handle Vards though can you?

Image result for vardy man utd goal gif

Image result for vardy mahrez man utd gif

De Gea must have nightmares :ph34r: 

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Let it all out Cicero while you can... After conte loses yet another final (Wenger owns him) I expect both you and liquidator to go from praising conte to shit talking him(like y'all do mou)

Or have you turned against Conte already? Like you have with Alonso?

The FA cup is just a stepping stone to bigger things next season.

Conveniently the final lands on May 19th. We won the Champions league on May 19th and beat a certain Manchester United on May the 19th in the 2007 FA Cup final. :whistling:

And I think you are confusing shit talking with criticism. If someone is underperforming, they deserve criticism. 

Archived