talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Kane

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

!

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says Harry Kane will be 100 per cent ready both physically and mentally for England's World Cup campaign.

Kane scored the second goal in Spurs' 2-0 win over Watford at Wembley in front of England boss Gareth Southgate to help boost Tottenham's chances of securing a top-four finish.

An ankle injury had affected Kane in recent weeks but Pochettino believes he will be firing on all cylinders by the time the Three Lions begin their World Cup campaign in Russia against Tunisia on June 18.

Asked if Kane could play himself back to 100 per cent before the tournament, Pochettino replied: "Yes of course.

• Subscriber

I think I've seen him score one, ever, and it was hugely deflected. Absolutely ridiculous management from Hodgson making one of his best players look an idiot.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Dan said:

I think I've seen him score one, ever, and it was hugely deflected. Absolutely ridiculous management from Hodgson making one of his best players look an idiot.

Scored two - both big deflections.

38 goals this season though - he's so bloody good

1 hour ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Has rivalries within clubs has hurted England big time in the past like Spain with Barca and Real ?

I think our media being a bunch of dickheads that like to build up unrealistic hopes and expectations then dig into players has probably hurt England the most. But I know the Italian press does the same thing - granted, they've enjoyed more success on the international stage than England has though... but they absolutely slaughtered the manager and players for not qualifying for this World Cup. But what you'll see with this England when we qualify is our press builds up the team and portrays it as a genuine contender for the tournament, and it'll pile pressure onto players. Then when England are inevitably nowhere near as good as was promised by the press, the press tears into them for not being up to the unrealistic standards. And sadly and strangely, it genuinely does make a pretty significant impact on how the general public views the England side.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think our media being a bunch of dickheads that like to build up unrealistic hopes and expectations then dig into players has probably hurt England the most. But I know the Italian press does the same thing - granted, they've enjoyed more success on the international stage than England has though... but they absolutely slaughtered the manager and players for not qualifying for this World Cup. But what you'll see with this England when we qualify is our press builds up the team and portrays it as a genuine contender for the tournament, and it'll pile pressure onto players. Then when England are inevitably nowhere near as good as was promised by the press, the press tears into them for not being up to the unrealistic standards. And sadly and strangely, it genuinely does make a pretty significant impact on how the general public views the England side.

But from this forum i've seen that you guys don't even believe in England ?

2 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

But from this forum i've seen that you guys don't even believe in England ?

I don't expect anything from England, but if we can win a game or two I'll get a bit of hope from them. If we win a knockout game... I'll be pretty happy. But I don't think the side plays quite like a cohesive team like Spain and Germany do. And that's why I think Spain and Germany are favourites. They've got talent and generally their national teams are more cohesive as a team than most others. Then there's the likes of Brazil and Argentina - I don't think Argentina's all that special though, but they've got the names on paper. And Brazil I'd never count out of a World Cup unless Germany is thrashing them.

On 02/05/2018 at 02:11, Dan said:

What about Gary Neville?

I get the buck ends with the Manager, but he's got off very easily.

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

What about Gary Neville?

I get the buck ends with the Manager, but he's got off very easily.

I do agree with you there and it's a fair shout.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Two things:

That article about Sterling going on holiday this week - absolutely pathetic again from our media

Then look at social media reaction to Kane being captaincy. We don’t deserve anything as a nation when you see people more focused on his speech impediment than his 147 goals in 4 years and absolute professionalism. Everyone so quick to tear him down, mainly Liverpool fans, and not get behind the man they expect to score the goals this summer.

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Two things:

That article about Sterling going on holiday this week - absolutely pathetic again from our media

Then look at social media reaction to Kane being captaincy. We don’t deserve anything as a nation when you see people more focused on his speech impediment than his 147 goals in 4 years and absolute professionalism. Everyone so quick to tear him down, mainly Liverpool fans, and not get behind the man they expect to score the goals this summer.

Sterling has been a target of the media for years now, if it's not his kids then it's he's money grabbing, if not money grabbing then he's lazy, if not lazy then everyone needs to know he shops at Primark. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Danny said:

Sterling has been a target of the media for years now, if it's not his kids then it's he's money grabbing, if not money grabbing then he's lazy, if not lazy then everyone needs to know he shops at Primark. 

I know he has. That’s my point. 

Congratulations to Harry on becoming the England captain for the coming world cup.

I think he is the logical choice of the 3 possible answers to this question who are present in this World Cup squad.

We must all hope this manager uses Harry in a far better way to benefit the team.

Seen the reaction to Kane being announced as captain and there’s a lot of reaction to it, as you’d expect, but I’ve not seen a valid reason for him not being named captain other than the fact he talks a bit funny. The nation went mental when, I think it was The Sun took the piss out of Roy Hodgson’s pronounciation skills yet are, largely, the ones decrying Kane’s appointment as captain. 

22 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Seen the reaction to Kane being announced as captain and there’s a lot of reaction to it, as you’d expect, but I’ve not seen a valid reason for him not being named captain other than the fact he talks a bit funny. The nation went mental when, I think it was The Sun took the piss out of Roy Hodgson’s pronounciation skills yet are, largely, the ones decrying Kane’s appointment as captain. 

What about a self-obsessed little bitch who steals goals off his team mates?:ph34r:

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What about a self-obsessed little bitch who steals goals off his team mates?:ph34r:

swore on his daughter's life as well didn't he?!

agree with @The Artful Dodger though - these days you need more than just one captain on the pitch to have a moderately successful team. the actual label of captain and whoever gets that is more of a 'put the team in a good light' kind of thing. 

I don't think he should be captain because he was a little baby who stole a teammates goal, so he's probably a dickhead.

At the same time, I don't think captaincy for the international side is that important. And it's probably better to appease the manchild we're relying on for the world cup, than the possibility of him just sulking around because he's not captain.

Not a big deal tbh.

Imagine getting proper riled by the whole claiming a goal thing. People are proper letting that incident boil their piss and it’s hilarious. 

As a striker, he should be a massive shithouse and claim absolutely everything. I’d be more upset if he wasn’t a massive shithouse and I’d hope that he’d elbow his nan in the face to get to a ball to score a goal in a major game for England or Spurs.

If there was an open goal and the ball was heading in already from a Harry Maguire (first bloke I thought of) header in the first World Cup game, I’d expect Kane to slam it in from two yards and I’d defy anybody here to say they wouldn’t do the same thing. 

Archived