• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa Libertadores 2017

football forum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, El_Loco said:

I´m a huge fan. Arthur is really good, best midfielder in brazilian football. His passing, ball control, dribble and vision are just too much for south american football. Only 21 and leading his team to a Libertadores title. He will move to Europe soon, I agree. 

Heard he's similar to Iniesta with his style. Every top club will be after him come January. 

I wrote about Arthur about 3 years back at TFF... Barcelona were alerted by a Villarreal scout back when Arthur was in youth football and since then they've (Barcelona) have had a permanent scout on him ever since from youth football to senior Gremio appearances. He is a quality player but then again there's been various players in recent years from Latin American football that Barcelona have been following and others have hacked in and made an early offer that has scuppered Barcelona's work. In this case it's all down to Villarreal's initial brilliant web of scouts that follow infant football in South America. 

Hilarious! Report Barcelona for what exactly?  How is that tapping up! xD

Maybe Como can report Barcelona to FIFA when Gianluca Zambrotta had a photo of himself wearing a Barça shirt when he was 17 in 1994 next to his idol Guardiola at the time. xD

Not only that... Zambrotta went and wore the shirt once AGAIN in the swimming pool of his house and took another photograph! :o

• Administrator

@SirBalon it’s in really bad taste though, surely? Or unprofessional bordering on inciting a Transfer through the player. Either way. Barca do seem to find themselves in these situations more than other clubs. 

35 minutes ago, Batard said:

@SirBalon it’s in really bad taste though, surely? Or unprofessional bordering on inciting a Transfer through the player. Either way. Barca do seem to find themselves in these situations more than other clubs. 

They've been following the player for 4 years with Gremio's knowledge and there have even been approached by the club officially during the summer. I don't think the club sanctioned that and it's probably innocent... put it this way and I'm talking about this particular case... This isn't a case of getting a massive European club to feel the pressure (with all due respects to Gremio). Gremio know they will eventually lose the player to European football and he'll go to the highest bidder no matter what football top he chooses to pose in for a picture. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They've been following the player for 4 years with Gremio's knowledge and there have even been approached by the club officially during the summer. I don't think the club sanctioned that and it's probably innocent... put it this way and I'm talking about this particular case... This isn't a case of getting a massive European club to feel the pressure (with all due respects to Gremio). Gremio know they will eventually lose the player to European football and he'll go to the highest bidder no matter what football top he chooses to pose in for a picture. 

The scout having the player wear the shirt. That’s the sticking point. Of course the club could deny knowledge but still ... it’s naughty 

8 minutes ago, Batard said:

The scout having the player wear the shirt. That’s the sticking point. Of course the club could deny knowledge but still ... it’s naughty 

If there's any skullduggery going on here then I know what it's about and it isn't a case of tapping but a premeditated attempt at the possibility that Real Madrid have gotten involved in the interest and it will be aimed at them so that the player has already shown some inkling of preference and would be used in the Spanish press in a possible future battle between the two for the player. 

I say this because I'm referring to my first response to you mate in that this particular incident would have absolutely no effect on where the player goes anywhere in Europe in the future. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Copa Libertadores draw is in 6 hours. Heres a mock draw I decided to do.

First round

Universitario vs Oriente Petrolero

Olimpia vs Montevideo Wanderers

Deportivo Tachira vs Macara

Second round

Guarani vs Carabobo G1

Santa Fe vs Universitario/Oriente Petrolero G2

Vasco da Gama vs Melgar G3

Chile 4 vs Chapecoense G4

Nacional vs Olimpia/Montevideo Wanderers G5

Jorge Wilstermann vs Tachira/Macara G6

Independiente del Valle vs Santiago Wanderers G7