• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ricardo Pereira Signs For Leicester City

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Dan said:

We've nearly signed Ricardo Pereira apparently. Be well happy with that one if true.

scouts were at the Benfica/Porto game and we've been tracking him for over a year.

Will be sad to see Simpson drop out but it's about time we improve on the old guard.

• Subscriber
On 4/19/2018 at 11:39, Dan said:

We've nearly signed Ricardo Pereira apparently. Be well happy with that one if true.

Portuguese sources reporting it's happening.

Cracking signing this if it happens. He completely changes our attacking shape.

• The topic was unpinned
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Confirmed - Ricardo Pereira Signs For Leicester City
  • Subscriber

Brilliant signing that for me. It's not an extortionate price, not read a bad word about him, Porto fans I've seen online pissed off about it, offers us something completely different in a position we've been ridiculously under-staffed in for a while.

A great start to the summer. Lets get another 3/4 in.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Kitchen Sales said:

I take it from this wanking off that he is good on FM?

Porto fans I've seen online are going mad about it saying it's a bigger scandal than selling Neves to Wolves. The general consensus from neutrals is how the hell have Leicester got him. All this for what's a relatively reasonable price in a position that we've spent years neglecting. We haven't signed a right back in four years.

Just seems a really good signing to me.

Oh and he's good on FM.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Machado said:

Seems like a good signing. Left/right backs are one of the few reliable positions that are safe to buy players from the Portuguese league.

Yeah we've not had much luck there. Slimani's been a bit of a flop really considering his price, the fact he could never hold a place down in the team and that he's not even particularly young. Silva's been unlucky to be on the end of that shambles a year ago but he's not really pulled up many trees, although I'll make a better judgement on him next season when we've hopefully got some organisation about us again.

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

Yeah we've not had much luck there. Slimani's been a bit of a flop really considering his price, the fact he could never hold a place down in the team and that he's not even particularly young. Silva's been unlucky to be on the end of that shambles a year ago but he's not really pulled up many trees, although I'll make a better judgement on him next season when we've hopefully got some organisation about us again.

When shopping here you need a mix of luck and good advice. Some players are clearly punching it, being obvious that they're not good enough to perform at the same level in big clubs in the best leagues. So many I could list but Andre Silva and Renato Sanches are good recent examples.

Adrien Silva is no genius, more of a work horse than the classy midfielder type of player. Nothing he'll do will make your jaw drop but now and then he'll put a performance where he'll dominate the midfield with his high intensity and impress in the manner he did against France two years ago.

Slimani scored a lot here because he got silly amount of service against shit defences. Bas Dost is the new Slimani. It's way too easy for a half decent striker here. Need to be really careful when buying strikers from this league. Falcao was the last one that made it abroad and I can't remember any other before him. Maybe Pauleta in the 90's...

Midfielders and wingers do better in general but the Portuguese ones need to be looked at more than a few times as they are over hyped by the media.

Defenders and goalies are usually reliable, I can't remember any that really flopped abroad.

21 hours ago, Dan said:

Brilliant signing that for me. It's not an extortionate price, not read a bad word about him, Porto fans I've seen online pissed off about it, offers us something completely different in a position we've been ridiculously under-staffed in for a while.

A great start to the summer. Lets get another 3/4 in.

Whenever fans are pissed off about a player leaving, that's usually a good sign. Although Portuguese fans were pissed off when we signed Lazar Markovich and he's truly dogshit, so take it with a pinch (or handful) of salt.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Machado said:

When shopping here you need a mix of luck and good advice. Some players are clearly punching it, being obvious that they're not good enough to perform at the same level in big clubs in the best leagues. So many I could list but Andre Silva and Renato Sanches are good recent examples.

Adrien Silva is no genius, more of a work horse than the classy midfielder type of player. Nothing he'll do will make your jaw drop but now and then he'll put a performance where he'll dominate the midfield with his high intensity and impress in the manner he did against France two years ago.

Slimani scored a lot here because he got silly amount of service against shit defences. Bas Dost is the new Slimani. It's way too easy for a half decent striker here. Need to be really careful when buying strikers from this league. Falcao was the last one that made it abroad and I can't remember any other before him. Maybe Pauleta in the 90's...

Midfielders and wingers do better in general but the Portuguese ones need to be looked at more than a few times as they are over hyped by the media.

Defenders and goalies are usually reliable, I can't remember any that really flopped abroad.

That's the impression I got with Adrien Silva, that he's what I call a functional player, which is basically someone who isn't going to grab the headlines but he plays a part in helping the whole team, a bit like what Albrighton and Okazaki have been for us although I think he's got more ability than those two. He's shown some glimpses of quality but a lot of games have passed him by.

Seeing Dost's record says a lot really, he was already regarded as pretty mediocre wasn't he? Slimani's a limited player, an absolute panic buy from us.

I think ultimately given their ages we overpaid twice.

That Ricardo's already played under Puel is encouraging. I've given Puel plenty of stick and I don't think he's used his own resources well enough, but I do think going from Danny Simpson to Ricardo Pereira is an immediate gamechanger for us. A limited full back to a proper attacking threat - something we'll need in games against the weaker sides at home, which has undoubtedly been our main undoing under Puel.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Whenever fans are pissed off about a player leaving, that's usually a good sign. Although Portuguese fans were pissed off when we signed Lazar Markovich and he's truly dogshit, so take it with a pinch (or handful) of salt.

xD there is always examples like that. I just think the general consensus about Ricardo is extremely positive. It looks a steal to me based on what everyone who has seen more of him is saying.

I think you can often gauge who will succeed and who won't. We did get warned about Musa for example.

50 minutes ago, Dan said:

That's the impression I got with Adrien Silva, that he's what I call a functional player, which is basically someone who isn't going to grab the headlines but he plays a part in helping the whole team, a bit like what Albrighton and Okazaki have been for us although I think he's got more ability than those two. He's shown some glimpses of quality but a lot of games have passed him by.

Seeing Dost's record says a lot really, he was already regarded as pretty mediocre wasn't he? Slimani's a limited player, an absolute panic buy from us.

I think ultimately given their ages we overpaid twice.

That Ricardo's already played under Puel is encouraging. I've given Puel plenty of stick and I don't think he's used his own resources well enough, but I do think going from Danny Simpson to Ricardo Pereira is an immediate gamechanger for us. A limited full back to a proper attacking threat - something we'll need in games against the weaker sides at home, which has undoubtedly been our main undoing under Puel.

xD there is always examples like that. I just think the general consensus about Ricardo is extremely positive. It looks a steal to me based on what everyone who has seen more of him is saying.

I think you can often gauge who will succeed and who won't. We did get warned about Musa for example.

Yeah some leagues suit players better than others, and some players thrive at certain types of sides in one role but when asked to do anything different aren't the same.

You never really know what you've got in a player until he actually played for you, really.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

This level of excitement over a player you've never seen play before can only end one way :D

Could be class for you but I'd not get excited yet.

why?

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Danny said:

Because you've never seen him play?

How do you know? 

And he's an improvement on Simpson who doesn't seem to cut it any more. Plus given he's getting glowing reviews from Porto fans and given how gutted they all seem to feel, I don't get why we can't be excited about a signing who is more likely than not to improve our defence and improve us as a team. 

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

How do you know? 

And he's an improvement on Simpson who doesn't seem to cut it any more. Plus given he's getting glowing reviews from Porto fans and given how gutted they all seem to feel, I don't get why we can't be excited about a signing who is more likely than not to improve our defence and improve us as a team. 

Because if you took exception to what I said then you can't have seen him play.

Archived