talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ricardo Pereira Signs For Leicester City

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Danny said:

Whole post was about not getting excited over a player you've never seen.

but based on fans that actually have watched him play, they're sad to see him go, didn't want him to go and don't know why he's gone so cheaply so what does that tell you...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

but based on fans that actually have watched him play, they're sad to see him go, didn't want him to go and don't know why he's gone so cheaply so what does that tell you...

That you still haven't seen him play?

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Danny said:

That you still haven't seen him play?

I have seen him play a few times. 

The point still stands though that I take in to account what Porto fans are saying about him (they've seen him play, fyi) and how good he has been, therefore I think it's reasonably acceptable to get excited about seeing him play for us. What's so hard to understand about that?

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

I have seen him play a few times. 

The point still stands though that I take in to account what Porto fans are saying about him (they've seen him play, fyi) and how good he has been, therefore I think it's reasonably acceptable to get excited about seeing him play for us. What's so hard to understand about that?

You're the one finding it difficult.... not seen someone play, gets excited about them, they don't turn out to be that good, probably good to not get too excited about someone you've never seen play.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Danny said:

You're the one finding it difficult.... not seen someone play, gets excited about them, they don't turn out to be that good, probably good to not get too excited about someone you've never seen play.

you're finding it difficult to understand why we are getting excited. I get the whole being cautious thing, but then he might play well and live up to the hype and reviews he's been getting. Then what?

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

you're finding it difficult to understand why we are getting excited. I get the whole being cautious thing, but then he might play well and live up to the hype and reviews he's been getting. Then what?

Then you get excited?

• Subscriber

It really isn't that unrealistic to have an idea about how a player will turn out nowadays without having watched them extensively. Do a bit of research on the players I think you'll get more right than wrong. I reckon the fans' reaction is usually the best gauge - I don't remember Sporting fans being devastated at losing Slimani for example and Nigeria fans warned us of Musa's limitations.

These are the best reviews I've seen of a player we've signed in a long time. Possibly as long as I can remember. I don't think it's unthinkable to be quite optimistic about a player drawing such a reaction, who plays in a position we've been crying out for an upgrade in for years.

If he's worse than Simpson I'll admit I'm wrong.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, Machado said:

He's probably the best Portuguese right back now and there's some serious competition. English football was good for his development.

I think he's probably one of the best right back's in the league in my opinion

1 hour ago, Batard said:

I think he's probably one of the best right back's in the league in my opinion

It’s why Leicester are so strong...Walker is a better right back, TAA better going forward, outside of them I can’t think of a right back in the league that is as good as him...let alone better than him

• Subscriber

This thread was a funny read back xD gut instinct was spot on on this one. I think this bloke's absolutely top drawer, one of the best right backs currently in the game.

I'd genuinely not swap him for any right back in the league.

• Administrator
On 20/05/2018 at 21:07, Danny said:

This level of excitement over a player you've never seen play before can only end one way :D

Could be class for you but I'd not get excited yet.

What about now? I've seen him play lots.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

This thread was a funny read back xD gut instinct was spot on on this one. I think this bloke's absolutely top drawer, one of the best right backs currently in the game.

I'd genuinely not swap him for any right back in the league.

Trent is better imo. His stats are off the chart.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Genuinely wouldn't swap and that's in no way a dig at TAA. Ricardo's better going forward than the majority of wingers in the league and has impressive defensive stats as well. He wouldn't look out of place playing for the elite IMO.

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

Genuinely wouldn't swap and that's in no way a dig at TAA. Ricardo's better going forward than the majority of wingers in the league and has impressive defensive stats as well. He wouldn't look out of place playing for the elite IMO.

Trent stands out playing for the elite :D

17 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The same trent that was exposed as the below average defender he is by RM and Rashford  alone? xD 

The same Trent that has been to 2 consecutive Champions League finals and is now romping the league? Your opinion means nothing since you included AWB in the team of the decade mate xD

How can anyone take you seriously?

• Administrator
6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hmm. 

For this season, Pereira is better when it comes to all round game. These were stats up before the games at the weekend:

Tackles:
Pereira - 54 (best in the league for a defender)

TAA - 15 (5th for Liverpool)

Tackles per game:
Pereira - 4.7 
TAA - 1.1

Interceptions:
Pereira - 1.8

TAA - 1.5

Clearances

Both 2.6

Granted the styles of both sides are fairly different but still think it's a fair barometer to compare defensive stats.

Tackle Success Percentage:
Pereira - 47/66 - 71.21%

TAA - 11/22 - 50%

TAA has been more influential passing - 3.7pg compared to Pereira's 1pg.

Dribbling:
Pereira - 22/38 - 57.89%

TAA - 5/19 - 26.32%

Aerial Duels:
Pereira - 13/30 - 43.33%

TAA - 4/12 - 33%

The disclaimer being that both players are having fantastic seasons and both fit each other's clubs perfectly for the tactics they employ. I also wouldn't swap Pereira for anyone at the minute. 

47 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hmm. 

For this season, Pereira is better when it comes to all round game. These were stats up before the games at the weekend:

Tackles:
Pereira - 54 (best in the league for a defender)

TAA - 15 (5th for Liverpool)

Tackles per game:
Pereira - 4.7 
TAA - 1.1

Interceptions:
Pereira - 1.8

TAA - 1.5

Clearances

Both 2.6

Granted the styles of both sides are fairly different but still think it's a fair barometer to compare defensive stats.

Tackle Success Percentage:
Pereira - 47/66 - 71.21%

TAA - 11/22 - 50%

TAA has been more influential passing - 3.7pg compared to Pereira's 1pg.

Dribbling:
Pereira - 22/38 - 57.89%

TAA - 5/19 - 26.32%

Aerial Duels:
Pereira - 13/30 - 43.33%

TAA - 4/12 - 33%

The disclaimer being that both players are having fantastic seasons and both fit each other's clubs perfectly for the tactics they employ. I also wouldn't swap Pereira for anyone at the minute. 

My point was his attacking stats mate. I read somewhere the other day that Trent has created more goalscoring chances than anyone in the league. His goal assists also over the past two seasons is ridiculous for a fullback. 

The stats you posted dont tell the true story of how good he is because Trent isnt in our team to defend. In fact it's probably the last thing that's required of him. Our midfielders cover a lot of the spaces Trent leaves because quite frankly hes THAT good going forward. 

Tbf those Pereira stats are also absolutely ridiculous.

It’s not a competition, there’s room for more than 1 good right back in the league xD

Well it is a competition because everyone wants to win the league. But there’s still room for more than 1 good right back

19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf those Pereira stats are also absolutely ridiculous.

It’s not a competition, there’s room for more than 1 good right back in the league xD

Well it is a competition because everyone wants to win the league. But there’s still room for more than 1 good right back

To be fair I think both players fit their respective clubs perfectly as in the way they play. 

Archived