talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Carlo Ancelotti Offered the Italian Job

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually don't rate him among the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho, Sir Alex, etc. Good manager, but only does well when things are working for him. His lack of a plan B was always his downfall. 

International level could do him wonders though. Working with already established players along with his great man management could be what the national team needs. 

23 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Those reasons are what?

xD

You're into asking me this recently hahaha

• He's fresh with an open mentality on not being tied to traditions from everything he says in interviews
  • He has always spoken highly of promoting youth
  • he has spoken out against Italian traditionalists in that Italy should only play one way
  • He comes from a big football family
  • He is extremely respected the world over so I imagine the players will respect him also which is vital

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

xD

You're into asking me this recently hahaha

• He's fresh with an open mentality on not being tied to traditions from everything he says in interviews
  • He has always spoken highly of promoting youth
  • he has spoken out against Italian traditionalists in that Italy should only play one way
  • He comes from a big football family
  • He is extremely respected the world over so I imagine the players will respect him also which is vital

Ok, Let's list the cons. 

• He has practically no experience in coaching or game management, let alone in top international competition. 
  • He has no experience in implementing a tactical system to get the best out of the players at his disposal 
  • There isn't any evidence he understands man management
  • He isn't qualified nor has the experience to bear this burden of revolutionising this national side. 
  • Most importantly, he will tarnish his god like reputation should he fail. 

All the makings of a Maradona with Argentina failure. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Ok, Let's list the cons. 

• He has practically no experience in coaching or game management, let alone in top international competition. 
  • He has no experience in implementing a tactical system to get the best out of the players at his disposal 
  • There isn't any evidence he understands man management
  • He isn't qualified nor has the experience to bear this burden of revolutionising this national side. 
  • Most importantly, he will tarnish his god like reputation should he fail. 

All the makings of a Maradona with Argentina failure. 

Yeah I can accept that which is why I called him a wild card. Plus Maradona is off his head and not a normal human being (with all due respects to his majesty as a footballer). I accept its off the cuff but he's the one I would like to see most as a national coach and I think being an international coach is more forgivingin my opinion.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah I can accept that which is why I called him a wild card. Plus Maradona is off his head and not a normal human being (with all due respects to his majesty as a footballer). I accept its off the cuff but he's the one I would like to see most as a national coach and I think being an international coach is more forgivingin my opinion.

It would be Romantic, but all evidence suggests it wouldn't work. 

What the national team needs now is a manager who is proven and truly understands the culture and tradition. Enough of the 3 at the back nonsence. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It would be Romantic, but all evidence suggests it wouldn't work. 

What the national team needs now is a manager who is proven and truly understands the culture and tradition. Enough of the 3 at the back nonsence. 

You see, the culture and the tradition is what I personally think is keeping Italy back in so many factors.  That for me has to change as did Germany and Spain, England has been working towards it for a number of years and the fruits of labour are being witnessed.

Plus, as much as I respect Ancelotti and love his character, I think he would be exactly what you have described and be a pragmatist searching for results instead of working toward the future.

Finally on Maldini... Because he's fresh and so respected, I reckon he'd get slack off the press and the media cavern in Italy. Also the federation and those that control Italy's football with commanding names in the FIGC like Costacurta, Donadoni and Albertini who are all past Milan greats also adding Baresi's influence in the FIGC.

Archived