talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Blackburn Promoted to the Championship

football forum

• Administrator

By far one of the best teams in League One as was expected and they're back in the Championship at the first time of asking. 

Good luck to them next season! 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The job Tony Mowbray has done at Rovers cannot be underestimated. He has turned the longstanding losing mentality (since Allardyce left) into a winning mentality in the space of 18 months. His signings have been exceptional and Venkys are due a bit of credit for giving him the money to spend in terms of transfer fees and wages for loans, along with providing the money to keep a number of key players on Championship level wages. His signings have been so impressive and he has picked the right personalities along with their talent. The players who were with us last season were determined to get promotion at the first time of asking and it has led to one hell of a club spirit.

The fans and club are reconnected once again and the feel around the club is one of positivity. We are all excited for the summer and hope we keep some momentum. We now need to try to sign a couple of our loans, preferably Armstrong and Payne, and add a striker as Graham won't be able to play as much games next season. I'd be hopeful of keeping most of the squad together, but I'm sure Lenihan will be in demand again (already linked to Sheff Utd, Derby etc) and also Dack. Raya and Nyambe have also had exceptional seasons and it won't be long until there is interested in them too.

• Subscriber

The expected top two, but so many times you see clubs in that situation make a meal of it. I didn't realise they were on such a good run, it's an extraordinary effort. Well done to them. Sunderland should take heart from seeing this as well.

21 hours ago, Stan said:

By far one of the best teams in League One as was expected and they're back in the Championship at the first time of asking. 

Good luck to them next season! 

It's been a class battle against Wigan this season. It's still not over yet either as both are still looking for first place.

Dack has been outstanding this season and it makes you wonder if he could step up and maybe play at the top level one day. But then you have to realise that league 1 football is a far cry from the Prem, it's a completely different level altogether.

Good to see David Raya finally make that goalkeeper position his own as he's always had the potential there. Still very young at 22 also and has a long career ahead of him, hopefully more of those years at Rovers, although as always is the case, it will be very difficult to keep hold of these players, particularly Dack. Nyambe is also one that would be a major blow if he was to leave, especially with him being from the youth just like Raya.

Going back up first time was important but it's about not going back down again now and fighting at the other end of the Championship. Promotion isn't something that should be expected straight away of course, as the Championship today is harder than it has ever been. It's somewhat like a mini premier league when you compare it to other second divisions from other countries.

I feel for Shrewsbury myself. They have done very well themselves and were right up there for most of the season. They will now have to play in the play offs, where they could end up going out at the expense of a side that have finished 22 points behind them this season,.

Happy for the fans of Blackburn. While you guys are not unique in suffering from poor ownership and management, you have had it bad for a number of seasons. I hope happier times follow you around next season in the Championship and you make a good go of a promotion run.

Blackburn Rovers = Premier League winner

Plenty of clubs cant say that :ay:

I'm glad for Blackburn. Pretty sure a few of us said that going down would be the best thing for them and it's proved to be that.

I think they have to make some cut throat decision's in the summer in terms of upgrading personnel but this is a club that is moving in the right direction now and need's must. Sometimes the players you expect to make the step don't but it's others that perhaps you'd be prepared to replace that do. So let's see who rises to the challenge.

Now that the 'feel good' factor is back within the club, it would be nice to see the Blackburn fans who travelled well and filled out League One games this season do the same in the Championship next year.

There should be no reason why they shouldn't get that support.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Our away support this season has been brilliant and it’s been good to see after such negative horrible times recently. Mowbray has been brilliant in turning things round, yes we were favourites but changing the mentality of everyone at the club and the fans is no easy job.

Im not getting ahead of myself though we still may struggle in the Championship, there’s still a lot of work to be done. 

I remember the first few games of the season after a few poor results the turnaround has been amazing. 

I would love to win the league but happy days nonetheless. Would love to be able to get to Ewood today atmosphere will be the best it’s been there in years!

Archived