The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 35 Fixtures - 27th-30th April, 2018

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

¡EL ONCE PARA EL ALIRÓN! Va Valverde con lo siguiente: Ter Stegen; Semedo, Piqué, Umtiti, Jordi Alba; Busquets, Rakitic, Dembélé, Coutinho; Messi y Suárez.

So it’s the full first team armoury going out to sing Any Auld Iron. ;)

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Missing the game unfortunately, for the first time in a while. Glad to hear that Coutinho is on the scoresheet, he's been a great signing in all honesty.

not lost a game with Barca and has gone something like 25 games without being on losing side which dates back to Liverpool days too. Very influential player.

I feel sorry for Depor to be honest because they're a Galician club although not on the favoured side of my sentiments. But their fans are genuine and a great set, so it's sad to see them go down even more because they're one of the only remaining clubs in Spain with pretty big financial problems they are finding difficult to get out of. This relegation will hurt them more than any other club in La Liga.  If they don't come straight up they could turn into Racing Santander.

20 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I feel sorry for Depor to be honest because they're a Galician club although not on the favoured side of my sentiments. But their fans are genuine and a great set, so it's sad to see them go down even more because they're one of the only remaining clubs in Spain with pretty big financial problems they are finding difficult to get out of. This relegation will hurt them more than any other club in La Liga.  If they don't come straight up they could turn into Racing Santander.

They looked too good to go down last night too. It makes you wonder how they have been so bad all season, although it's got to be said that Seedorf has started to make a difference. It was a good game and I kept thinking they were going to be the ones who went on to win it.

Amazing reception from the Depor fans as well when Iniesta came on. They are on their way down back to the segunda yet still showed that amount of respect, when most fans wouldn't and you obviously couldn't blame them given the position they were in.

Depor are the side who most remind me of Blackburn in Spain, so I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them. Hopefully they come back up next season, but can actually stay up and re-establish themselves again.

Yesterday's barcelona match was fantastic, Suarez and Messi linked up very well to bury the match in the second half, there were few moments where La Coruna looked like they were going to go ahead and win the match, they were wonderful but Barcelona were too good for them eventually. I felt bad for their fans who were crying in the stands and I thought Barca shouldnt have celebrated so much for their league title amidst the crying opponent fans. They should have waited and celebrated infront of the Madrid players next week insted.

Great comeback by Betis against Malaga to win the match after they were down 0-1. Malaga had nothing to play for but were brilliant in the first half especially but one mistake by their defender gave Betis the crucial equaliser and from then on it was all Betis with the upper hand. I previously said in one of the threads Betis played wonderful football all season and credits to Setien for setting them up so well. I dont know about their level budget wise but with the league position they are in currently I assume they are definitely punching above their weight?  Will be wonderful to see them in europe next season.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived