talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Salah or Suarez - Who’s the best?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Simply because this is Salah's first season playing TOP form. I doubt he will be a one season wonder but I still can't take him over Suarez who has been on top form for years.

That’s a fair point. 

It's a really difficult one isn't it? Suarez didn't get the opportunity to try and do what Salah is currently doing for us on the biggest stage in the Champions League. Obviously he's gone and done well at Barca in that competition but I'm talking specifically what they did for us here. It would be fair to assume that Suarez would have carried on his scoring form in the league into the Champions League though.

I think most will sit on the fence on this one until next season. If Salah goes and wins the European Cup for us though that'll make people sway towards him sooner

• Administrator

Suarez. He's gone on to prove himself at another big club so until Salah does that he's got some catching up to do.

Bloody loved watching Salah this season though. Plus he hasn't bitten anyone. Or been allegedly racist to anyone.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Suarez. He's gone on to prove himself at another big club so until Salah does that he's got some catching up to do.

Bloody loved watching Salah this season though. Plus he hasn't bitten anyone. Or been allegedly racist to anyone.

Messi has never proved himself at another big club? 

3 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

If Mourinho cannot get the best out of him then there is something wrong with Salah, due to Mourinho is the best in the world at getting the most out of his players.  

Depends on the player 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Depends on the player 

Depends if they are ready made more like. 

Mourinho is one of the worst managers around at developing or coaxing talent. 

Total chequebook manager and football will be much better off when he’s gone.  

11 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

If Mourinho cannot get the best out of him then there is something wrong with Salah, due to Mourinho is the best in the world at getting the most out of his players.  

You do know how old Salah was when Mourinho signed yet didn’t use him right? Same with KDB. 

I’m going to take it that you’re being sarcasxDtic 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Many many moons ago mate. I’d probably score 15 a season at Ajax now. The whole league has just crashed. 

Ajax just lost the league title against a side captained by a Chelsea reject xD

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Depends if they are ready made more like. 

Mourinho is one of the worst managers around at developing or coaxing talent. 

Total chequebook manager and football will be much better off when he’s gone.  

One of the best things about Mourinho, was that he could take established players to the next level. Deco, Carvalho, Terry, Cech, Lampard, Drogba, Joe Cole, Snejider, Milito, etc. All of which became the class players they were because of Mourinho's influence. 

Think the only two players off the top of my head that weren't already established players that Mourinho grew were Varane and Zouma 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

One of the best things about Mourinho, was that he could take established players to the next level. Deco, Carvalho, Terry, Cech, Lampard, Drogba, Joe Cole, Snejider, Milito, etc. All of which became the class players they were because of Mourinho's influence. 

Think the only two players off the top of my head that weren't already established players that Mourinho grew were Varane and Zouma 

He turns footballers into robots and youngsters into flops. Hate him and can’t wait till he fucks off to manage Portugal. 

13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Many many moons ago mate. I’d probably score 15 a season at Ajax now. The whole league has just crashed. 

You said teams but When Suarez was at Ajax, they got out of the group stages in the Champions League its nothing more then what Arsenal have been doing. Suarez scored for Ajax in Europe frequently, Salah was good with Basel in Europe but did fuck all with Roma and Chelsea. 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Talking when Ajax had Suarez.

1 minute ago, VanPaddy said:

You said teams but When Suarez was at Ajax, they got out of the group stages in the Champions League its nothing more then what Arsenal have been doing. Suarez scored for Ajax in Europe frequently, Salah was good with Basel in Europe but did fuck all with Roma and Chelsea. 

But at that same time Salah was trying to break into a Chelsea team that was dominating domestically and in Europe and who’s manager was Jose Mourinho who just won’t try youngsters  

Its just not a fair comparison mate. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

But at that same time Salah was trying to break into a Chelsea team that was dominating domestically and in Europe and who’s manager was Jose Mourinho who just won’t try youngsters  

Its just not a fair comparison mate. 

But We are comparing Suarez and Salah xD otherwise i use another player

Suarez was a great player for Liverpool but he never had a season for Liverpool as good as Salah is currently having for Liverpool. Salah's already scored over half the amount of Suarez's Liverpool goals total and he's done it from the wing. Salah is also doing it without beng a dislikable, cheating, shit stain.

When I asked the question in the other thread, which prompted this one, I was talking specifically about their contributions to Liverpool and I think it's a fair comparison. Both similar ages when they joined the club. There's no doubt Suarez has done more and been more impressive over a longer period, he's 5/6 years older after all.

Archived