• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Salah or Suarez - Who’s the best?

Recommended Posts

It’s a hard one!

So is my cock thinking about if we’d have had them at the same time 😫 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Suarez.

Care to expand? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Simply because this is Salah's first season playing TOP form. I doubt he will be a one season wonder but I still can't take him over Suarez who has been on top form for years.

That’s a fair point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a really difficult one isn't it? Suarez didn't get the opportunity to try and do what Salah is currently doing for us on the biggest stage in the Champions League. Obviously he's gone and done well at Barca in that competition but I'm talking specifically what they did for us here. It would be fair to assume that Suarez would have carried on his scoring form in the league into the Champions League though.

I think most will sit on the fence on this one until next season. If Salah goes and wins the European Cup for us though that'll make people sway towards him sooner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suarez. He's gone on to prove himself at another big club so until Salah does that he's got some catching up to do.

Bloody loved watching Salah this season though. Plus he hasn't bitten anyone. Or been allegedly racist to anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Suarez no doubt, he has been good at every club he played for. 

Not a fair comparison, Suarez didn’t play at a decent club until he was about the age that Salah is now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Suarez. He's gone on to prove himself at another big club so until Salah does that he's got some catching up to do.

Bloody loved watching Salah this season though. Plus he hasn't bitten anyone. Or been allegedly racist to anyone.

Messi has never proved himself at another big club? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not a fair comparison, Suarez didn’t play at a decent club until he was about the age that Salah is now. 

Ajax are bigger than Chelsea  and Roma

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are comparing individual seasons, Suarez 2013/14 and Salah 2017/18

I'd say Salah

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Mourinho cannot get the best out of him then there is something wrong with Salah, due to Mourinho is the best in the world at getting the most out of his players.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

If Mourinho cannot get the best out of him then there is something wrong with Salah, due to Mourinho is the best in the world at getting the most out of his players.  

Depends on the player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Ajax are bigger than Chelsea  and Roma

Many many moons ago mate. I’d probably score 15 a season at Ajax now. The whole league has just crashed. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Depends on the player 

Depends if they are ready made more like. 

Mourinho is one of the worst managers around at developing or coaxing talent. 

Total chequebook manager and football will be much better off when he’s gone.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

If Mourinho cannot get the best out of him then there is something wrong with Salah, due to Mourinho is the best in the world at getting the most out of his players.  

You do know how old Salah was when Mourinho signed yet didn’t use him right? Same with KDB. 

I’m going to take it that you’re being sarcasxDtic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Many many moons ago mate. I’d probably score 15 a season at Ajax now. The whole league has just crashed. 

Ajax just lost the league title against a side captained by a Chelsea reject xD

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Depends if they are ready made more like. 

Mourinho is one of the worst managers around at developing or coaxing talent. 

Total chequebook manager and football will be much better off when he’s gone.  

One of the best things about Mourinho, was that he could take established players to the next level. Deco, Carvalho, Terry, Cech, Lampard, Drogba, Joe Cole, Snejider, Milito, etc. All of which became the class players they were because of Mourinho's influence. 

Think the only two players off the top of my head that weren't already established players that Mourinho grew were Varane and Zouma 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Ajax just lost the league title against a side captained by a Chelsea reject xD

One of the best things about Mourinho, was that he could take established players to the next level. Deco, Carvalho, Terry, Cech, Lampard, Drogba, Joe Cole, Snejider, Milito, etc. All of which became the class players they were because of Mourinho's influence. 

Think the only two players off the top of my head that weren't already established players that Mourinho grew were Varane and Zouma 

 

He turns footballers into robots and youngsters into flops. Hate him and can’t wait till he fucks off to manage Portugal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Many many moons ago mate. I’d probably score 15 a season at Ajax now. The whole league has just crashed. 

You said teams but When Suarez was at Ajax, they got out of the group stages in the Champions League its nothing more then what Arsenal have been doing. Suarez scored for Ajax in Europe frequently, Salah was good with Basel in Europe but did fuck all with Roma and Chelsea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Ajax just lost the league title against a side captained by a Chelsea reject xD

One of the best things about Mourinho, was that he could take established players to the next level. Deco, Carvalho, Terry, Cech, Lampard, Drogba, Joe Cole, Snejider, Milito, etc. All of which became the class players they were because of Mourinho's influence. 

Think the only two players off the top of my head that weren't already established players that Mourinho grew were Varane and Zouma 

 

Talking when Ajax had Suarez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VanPaddy said:

You said teams but When Suarez was at Ajax, they got out of the group stages in the Champions League its nothing more then what Arsenal have been doing. Suarez scored for Ajax in Europe frequently, Salah was good with Basel in Europe but did fuck all with Roma and Chelsea. 

But at that same time Salah was trying to break into a Chelsea team that was dominating domestically and in Europe and who’s manager was Jose Mourinho who just won’t try youngsters  

Its just not a fair comparison mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

But at that same time Salah was trying to break into a Chelsea team that was dominating domestically and in Europe and who’s manager was Jose Mourinho who just won’t try youngsters  

Its just not a fair comparison mate. 

But We are comparing Suarez and Salah xD otherwise i use another player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

But We are comparing Suarez and Salah xD otherwise i use another player

You’ve lost me mate xD

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suarez was a great player for Liverpool but he never had a season for Liverpool as good as Salah is currently having for Liverpool. Salah's already scored over half the amount of Suarez's Liverpool goals total and he's done it from the wing. Salah is also doing it without beng a dislikable, cheating, shit stain.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I asked the question in the other thread, which prompted this one, I was talking specifically about their contributions to Liverpool and I think it's a fair comparison. Both similar ages when they joined the club. There's no doubt Suarez has done more and been more impressive over a longer period, he's 5/6 years older after all.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Suarez was a great player for Liverpool but he never had a season for Liverpool as good as Salah is currently having for Liverpool. Salah's already scored over half the amount of Suarez's Liverpool goals total and he's done it from the wing. Salah is also doing it without beng a dislikable, cheating, shit stain.

Good job he didnt join Arsenal after all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Good job he didnt join Arsenal after all

It still makes me laugh now thinking back at Arsenal trying to buy our best player and us basically saying fuck off xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I care to disagree... The longer he sticks around the better for football. He gets stick for not playing Shaw but why would he continue playing a fatty that's known for his inconsistency?

Portugal blessed us with the greatest footballer of this generation and the greatest coach of this generation.

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd pick Suarez over Salah if it comes to this. Suarez was great at scoring goals but his inclusion play and setup far outshines Salah even if he didn't get the goal count the Egyptian is getting now. I have lost count of the number of times he has brought in Gerrard, Coutinho, Sturridge, Sterling, etc so that a goal scoring chance is created. This is not to say that Salah is bad in any respect but out of the two as an overall complete package I'd pick Suarez (when he was playing for us) over Salah at present. I distinctly also remember him as the kind of player that pushed others around him to get up the pitch and attack even in the dying moments and credit to the players around him too because that team had a special energy about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement