talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Salah or Suarez - Who’s the best?

7 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Suarez was a great player for Liverpool but he never had a season for Liverpool as good as Salah is currently having for Liverpool. Salah's already scored over half the amount of Suarez's Liverpool goals total and he's done it from the wing. Salah is also doing it without beng a dislikable, cheating, shit stain.

Good job he didnt join Arsenal after all

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I care to disagree... The longer he sticks around the better for football. He gets stick for not playing Shaw but why would he continue playing a fatty that's known for his inconsistency?

Portugal blessed us with the greatest footballer of this generation and the greatest coach of this generation.

:rofl:

• Subscriber

I'd pick Suarez over Salah if it comes to this. Suarez was great at scoring goals but his inclusion play and setup far outshines Salah even if he didn't get the goal count the Egyptian is getting now. I have lost count of the number of times he has brought in Gerrard, Coutinho, Sturridge, Sterling, etc so that a goal scoring chance is created. This is not to say that Salah is bad in any respect but out of the two as an overall complete package I'd pick Suarez (when he was playing for us) over Salah at present. I distinctly also remember him as the kind of player that pushed others around him to get up the pitch and attack even in the dying moments and credit to the players around him too because that team had a special energy about them.

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Unlike you, I don't mind giving Liverpool the credit it deserves. Mourinho's trophy list puts Pep's and Klopp's to shame.... Would love to see Pep or Klopp win the CL with inter or Porto.

You are just like cicero when it comes to Mou. I dont even know why I try.

Literally everything I've stated about Mourinho is 100% factual. I know his best qualities and his worse far more than you. I've actually praised him in his ability to take ready made players to the next level. 

Enjoy Mourinho's 3rd stint by the way. History shows its always a memorable one xD

Suarez by a mile.

Knee jerk reaction thread a day after a brilliant performance but against a side falling apart.

Salah is part of a better functioning team and has better players around him. His form is fantastic but make this thread in 10 years and everyone will say Suarez.

11 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Unlike you, I don't mind giving Liverpool the credit it deserves. Mourinho's trophy list puts Pep's and Klopp's to shame.... Would love to see Pep or Klopp win the CL with inter or Porto.

You are just like cicero when it comes to Mou. I dont even know why I try.

I hope Mourinho dies by being caught in the gears of a combine harvester :D

3 minutes ago, Machado said:

Suarez by a mile.

Knee jerk reaction thread a day after a brilliant performance but against a side falling apart.

Salah is part of a better functioning team and has better players around him. His form is fantastic but make this thread in 10 years and everyone will say Suarez.

It’s not knee jerk at all mate, just a simple question. Most people have said Suarez. 

If Salah wins the Ballon D’or though then maybe opinions will change?

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Criminal that Suarez didn't win it the year he was a top scorer in Europe too and only because of 'special' incidents.

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

It’s not knee jerk at all mate, just a simple question. Most people have said Suarez. 

Not for me. My opinion won't change because of one award. Suarez ability is dinstinctly better for me. He's part of a superior calibre of footballers.

It wasn't just 'a day' thought. It's been all season. And the year before that in Italy he was tearing it up. Let's not forget Suarez also had Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge, and Gerrard playing with him. So to say Salah is benefiting more is a bit irrational. 

I think it's fair to say that anyone who descredits Salah's ability is either in denial or stupid.  More than obvious this isn't a one season wonder. 

4 minutes ago, Machado said:

Suarez by a mile.

I don't think it's knee jerk at all. I agree that this is a better side but I think it's an interesting debate. Salah's knocking on the door at worst. As for your last point, I'm not sure how you could possibly tell that. There's every chance Salah wins the European Cup this season and is just as good individually next season. Only time will tell

56 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Good job he didnt join Arsenal after all

That doesn't make much sense as a response to what I said as I mentioned, right at the start, that Suarez was great at Liverpool. Me saying Salah is having a better season than Suarez ever did at Liverpool doesn't negate that.

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't think it's knee jerk at all. I agree that this is a better side but I think it's an interesting debate. Salah's knocking on the door at worst. As for your last point, I'm not sure how you could possibly tell that. There's every chance Salah wins the European Cup this season and is just as good individually next season. Only time will tell

Only time will tell, that's fair. I was saying that as I don't expect Salah to be this good again. He can be class again but it's unlikely that he'll have another season as good.

12 minutes ago, 6666 said:

That doesn't make much sense as a response to what I said as I mentioned, right at the start, that Suarez was great at Liverpool. Me saying Salah is having a better season than Suarez ever did at Liverpool doesn't negate that.

I think it depends on how you look at it. The bit in bold sounds unfair for Suarez.

Liverpool are having a better season than they ever had when Suarez was playing for them.

4 minutes ago, Machado said:

Liverpool are having a better season than they ever had when Suarez was playing for them.

Disagree 

They almost won the league title under Suarez. 

Liverpool are practically in the final of a cup competition with Salah. 

Liverpool are no strangers to the European Cup. They are however with the Premier League title. 

5 minutes ago, Machado said:

I think it depends on how you look at it. The bit in bold sounds unfair for Suarez.

What? We were 5 points clear with 3 to play when Suarez had his best season. We almost won the league. 

15 minutes ago, Machado said:

Only time will tell, that's fair. I was saying that as I don't expect Salah to be this good again. He can be class again but it's unlikely that he'll have another season as good.

Why though?

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

If we are comparing individual seasons, Suarez 2013/14 and Salah 2017/18

I'd say Salah

Yeah if we're just talking about in England, I'd say Salah. More goals, more assists. Also he's less of a cheat and doesn't dive or call people racist things. Better player & better person.

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Disagree 

They almost won the league title under Suarez. 

Liverpool are practically in the final of a cup competition with Salah. 

Liverpool are no strangers to the European Cup. They are however with the Premier League title. 

I think this year's side would hammer that year's side though.

Archived