talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Salah or Suarez - Who’s the best?

8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I have, but always tracked down the opposite person on Facebook the next morning to apologise and offer my reasoning. 

Don't think Gerrard did anything of the sort.

You are such a fanny xD

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cannabis said:

Duncan Ferguson headbutted a fellow player in the heat of the moment. Gerrard punched a DJ (probably a father to some kids and a church goer) simply because he wouldn't change the song. Hardly comparable.

Pretty sure he was wasted and the DJ said some shite to him, according to the case. I don't think that justifies punching him, but I've been out and seen people punched for less.

Duncan Ferguson has had a lot of heat of the moment incidents in his life.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Duncan Ferguson headbutted a fellow player in the heat of the moment. Gerrard punched a DJ (probably a father to some kids and a church goer) simply because he wouldn't change the song. Hardly comparable.

You’re right it’s hardly comparable. ‘Big Dunc’ is a full weight thug, Gerrard had a scuffle with a DJ once. 

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The players that Ferguson scuffled with knew what they were getting themselves into, it's a physical game after all. 

The DJ probably hasn't hosted a retro disco since which is an absolute travesty, a career wasted from such a bright talent in the EDM Liverpool scene.

Let’s just agree that Gerrard isn’t a horrible human being and that ‘big Dunc’ is an absolute twat :D

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'd say Salah and Suarez are equally lagging behind Sinama-Pongolle. 

If there was ever a player that I thought looked like he might have potential but then turned out that would just about be the best he'd ever played... that player is Florent Sinama Pongolle.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If there was ever a player that I thought looked like he might have potential but then turned out that would just about be the best he'd ever played... that player is Florent Sinama Pongolle.

I think your giving Florent a massive disservice there mate.

All his team mate's admired his star quality. My favourite example being Anthony Le Tallic copying his hairstyle...

Anthony-le-Tallec.jpg

Just now, Lucas said:

I think your giving Florent a massive disservice there mate.

All his team mate's admired his star quality. My favourite example being Anthony Le Tallic copying his hairstyle...

Anthony-le-Tallec.jpg

What an era for failed LFC prospects.

There was some unreal hype about Le Tallec. He's playing in Romania now. Also according to Wikipedia, Le Tallec and Pongolle are actually cousins as well. They were both signed off the back of a good youth tournament. Houllier always did love players that had good international tournament showings - even if that ultimately ended up being the best those players would ever play, and then we'd be stuck with players like them or Diao and Diouf. And Bruno Cheyrou - although I don't remember if he even did well anywhere before coming here.

It's weird to say, but Ged's heart attack seemed to be around when he started making some pretty strange moves in the transfer market. Might be coincidental, maybe not.

Either way... cheers for reminding me how bad some of our players were haha. Makes me pretty grateful that I can look at our squad now and feel pretty happy with almost everything we've got.

Making a fair comparison and picking based on their first full seasons with the club it'd be Mo by a mile. 

I love both players but Suarez's best year was his third with us and we're picking a player we had for nearly 4 years to one we've had for 10 months. 

If Mo had another season or two like this, starts talking free kicks,  penalties etc no question he'll be winning this poll. 

I love Suarez though. Wears his heart on his sleeve and really leads by example with his work rate on the pitch. Incredible player and like nothing you've seen before.

Archived