talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alfie Evans

football forum

Another case of doctor vs parent regarding a child's life. People claiming to be part of "Alfie's Army" trying to protest and storm a children's hospital...again. Another Charlie Gard situation. Can't really blame the parents for feeling how they do even if they are getting desperate (privately trying to charge three doctors with conspiracy to murder) but the people who bandwagon against fully trained medical professionals who have to make horrendous decions when caring for children who like the doctors at GOSH will get a load of shit and abuse from pure scumbags.

Dont normally get pissed off at things that pop up in the news but these stories are just baffling (again not the parents, the dickhead rebels without a cause who escalate things).

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a sad state when this kind of hysteria develops in 2018, when anyone can google "Aflie Evans" and find all the info you could want about the case in 10 minute, no need for medical or legal expertise.

You'll find the Jesus-lovers are all over Twitter and Facebook, talking about:

• how the hospital are using a "lethal injection drug" (actually a common painkiller/sedative used to relive pediatric pain) to kill him,
  • how the boy is still alive and proving the doctors wrong (although the medical evidence presented was always that once off ventilation, he could potentially die within minutes OR days),
  • how he is responsive because he reacts to his parents touch in the dozens of videos they upload to social media (despite the medical consensus being that he is blind and deaf and only reacts to external stimuli by seizuring - yup, his parents are constantly prodding their braindead child into a seizure and uploading it for the world to see, search FB for "Alfies Army" if that's your thing),
  • how he is being denied "treatment" in Italy (despite the Italian doctors being clear that all they intend to do is insert a feeding tube and continue providing ventiliation - nothing more than he was already getting in England, and the medical consensus being that his brain is essentially gone, which is not a treatable condition),
  • or even how the condition can't be hopeless because it's "not diagnosed" yet (despite un-diagnosed simply meaning that they don't know the cause of the damage; they are absolutely sure of the damage itself).

I'm beyond feeling sympathy for these parents.They're religious nutjobs allowing themselves to be manipulated in a campaign to smear public healthcare. All of these "pro-life" types have no agenda except to destroy free healthcare and plunge millions of vulnerable people further into despair and helplnessness. That's all religion ever does, ultimately.

• Administrator

It's made me laugh that some people all over Twitter think that it's a government-led decision to withdraw his life support xD

I saw a court transcript earlier that stated Alfie sadly pretty much has no brain left. It's all pretty much just fluid and has little or next to no sensory abilities any more. The reason he may have been given a chance to go to Italy is purely to have better palliative care. But let's not let facts get in the way of a good movement to charge a hospital where there are other sick children trying to have a peaceful time.

Do these absolute knobheads that gathered and protested outside the hospital not realise how idiotic it was to do that? Or even have an ounce of awareness about them that maybe it's not the right thing to do when other patients at the hospital could do without all that commotion?? 

It's amazing how stupid some people can be. The threatening behaviour and calling medical professionals 'murderers' is astonishing really.

You really want to feel sympathy for the parents, and I did at one point, but some of these lies that they've been feeding to 'Alfie's Army' has been the cause of all the trouble outside the hospital. 

Have a bit of dignity and spend the final hours of your kid's life with him instead of on social media or giving interviews to the media.

• Administrator

Found the tweet which has the link about Alfie's condition. It's terrible to read about his illness and how it's affected him to such volume, but it's also terrible to understand how people just ignore the plain facts of the case... 

But I came, on the consensus of every doctor from every country who had ever evaluated Alfie's condition, to the inevitable conclusion (following 7 days of evidence) that Alfie's brain had been so corroded by his Neurodegenerative Brain Disorder that there was simply no prospect of recovery. By the time I requested the updated MRI scan in February, the signal intensity was so bright that it revealed a brain that had been almost entirely wiped out. In simple terms the brain consisted only of water and CSF. The connective tissues and the white matter of the brain that had been barely visible 6 months earlier had now vanished entirely and with it the capacity for sight, hearing, taste, the sense of touch. All that could be offered by the Bambino Gesu Hospital in Rome was an alternative palliative care plan. An end of life plan. And so, on a true deconstruction of the issues, it is that that this case has been about: what is the appropriate end of life plan for Alfie?

The Americans did the same with Charlie Gard: jump on grieving, ignorant parents, and use lies and slander to create an anti-NHS hysteria.

They're a cancerous, inhumane society desperate for the rest of us to become the same.

Takes a different turn when you get all the facts and not just all the emotion that goes with it.. 

I have been reading mostly headlines I will admit on this and my initial thoughts were what parent would not want to fight tooth and nail for the life of their child? But if you take away all the emotion and strip out the media circus surrounding it what are you left with? A child that has zero chance of life, zero chance of feeling, sight and sound or anything that would indicate that there could be even the smallest chance of a miracle recovery.. 

It must be a heart breaking thing to lose a child, I could not possibly imagine how they must feel or any parent faced with such a thing for that matter but the frenzy and media attention has taken over the simple ability to apply some common sense.. When surrounded by so many that are prepared to try and carry a banner of injustice on your behalf it's easier to believe that experts are wrong or lack care and that everyone is a potential murderer and just strengthens your belief that you still have something to fight for.. 

In light of the medical evidence does anyone know what case or justifiable reasons they have put forward to defend trying to keep him alive? Given what I have read I couldn't think of any medical grounds or pioneering procedures that could make a difference here. Their time might be better spent away from the spotlight with him until he has finally passed away then allow him go with some dignity... I fear however that it is far too late for that now 

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

The Americans did the same with Charlie Gard: jump on grieving, ignorant parents, and use lies and slander to create an anti-NHS hysteria.

They're a cancerous, inhumane society desperate for the rest of us to become the same.

That was so infuriating, Trump showing himself up for the brainless bell he is. The shit people who work at GOSH received for that, my god. My family has history with GOSH that goes back almost two decades, they are without a doubt some of the most amazing people this country has to offer and brainless shitheads abused them for it.

It's impossible to understand how the parent's feel and I can't criticise them for trying to do anything, as they see it, to keep their child alive. However, it does seem as if they are being manipulated by various third parties, particularly the christian lobby. Alder Hey is a wonderful children's hospital and renowned across the country, how these scum can protest and try and break in and justify it? I want to see these people arrested if they try and disrupt a hospital, it's tantamount to attacking the emergency services, which is surely a serious crime?. They are either thick people who have just latched onto a 'cause' or genuinely unpleasant Christians trying to take advantage of a terrible situation.

We've empowered the stupid among us over recent years, going against expertise is now an accepted norm.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I suppose that means his health has deteriorated?

It probably means they are starting to come to terms with the inevitability of his condition...

Can't imagine what it feels like for the parents to be in such a situation, it's heartbreaking.

I've seen some incredibly stupid shit said by some stupid people about Alder Hey, some people comparing it to a concentration camp... Some people are mental.

Pretty fucked up for them to do this to a family going through some truly horrible shit. 

Wasn't aware there was a Christian group getting involved, religion has the power to do a lot of good but also the power to bring out the absolute arsehole in people (not referring to the family here).

5 hours ago, Danny said:

Wasn't aware there was a Christian group getting involved, religion has the power to do a lot of good but also the power to bring out the absolute arsehole in people (not referring to the family here).

Yeah one of Tom Evans' legal representatives was some Christian group. Twitter is just full of religious American cranks commenting on it now too

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah one of Tom Evans' legal representatives was some Christian group. Twitter is just full of religious American cranks commenting on it now too

i've even seen some advocate that their gun control would have meant this situation here wouldn't have happened xD 

and even politicians criticising NHS despite the fact they've treated him at no cost for months on end, prolonging his life and making him as comfortable as possible given his condition. And at the same time disregarding the fact that if Alfie was getting treatment there, it would have bankrupted their family so they wouldn't even be able to have a legal battle no doubt.

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

i've even seen some advocate that their gun control would have meant this situation here wouldn't have happened xD 

and even politicians criticising NHS despite the fact they've treated him at no cost for months on end, prolonging his life and making him as comfortable as possible given his condition. And at the same time disregarding the fact that if Alfie was getting treatment there, it would have bankrupted their family so they wouldn't even be able to have a legal battle no doubt.

Mental aren't they!

5 hours ago, Stan said:

I don't think they realise how much of a joke they are. The difference in views in America must be some of the most extreme in the world.

Archived