talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ki Sung-Yueng Joins Newcastle

Everton are interested in signing Swansea City midfielder Ki Sung-yueng, according to Sky sources.

The South Korean's current deal at the Liberty Stadium expires at the end of the season.

AC Milan and four other Premier League clubs are also interested in signing the 28-year-old player.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

He was good 4 years ago, dunno about now. Rafa likes experienced squad depth though. 

Have South Korea left Russia already then? Took a detour to Newcastle?

57 minutes ago, Stan said:

Have South Korea left Russia already then? Took a detour to Newcastle?

Probably. Most usually leave the day after they get knocked out, I think England once left on the day if I remember rightly. I guess he probably flew back to the UK rather than South Korea as he lives here. Or he had the medical wherever he is.

4 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Probably. Most usually leave the day after they get knocked out, I think England once left on the day if I remember rightly. I guess he probably flew back to the UK rather than South Korea as he lives here. Or he had the medical wherever he is.

It was probably this one in all honestly. 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

He was decent for Swansea but I've not idea where he's been for the past couple of years, didn't he go to Cardiff@Bluebird Hewitt

Nah. We had Kim Bo-Kyung who was actually quite decent but lightweight. Didn't do much at Wigan and then work permit changes basically saw him head back to the Far East.

As for Ki, he's been at Swansea for about 6 years. xD

Imo he's still a quality player, just struggled to show it when Swansea entered their recent shambolic phase.

In an organised side with a clear gameplan, and a defined role for him, I think he'll show his old self.

Archived