• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fear of Flying/Busing

football forum

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

When I flew from Newcastle to Belfast the pilot asked if a few people could move to the back of the plane to balance the weight out, i didn't know that was an actual thing 

Probabbly beacause there was a bomb on the plane and they were preparing for the worst case if they failed to defuse the bomb.

36 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Probabbly beacause there was a bomb on the plane and they were preparing for the worst case if they failed to defuse the bomb.

Wrong leg of the journey, any bomb would most certainly be coming out of Belfast :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Toinho said:

No idea? I understand your Irish "joke" though. But your country is fucked.

I never made an 'Irish' joke xD

Its a movie in which there is a bomb on a plane during flight and they take all the passengers and luggage to the back to minimize the explosion's damage 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5ag4cyPs0Dlj9LFERVo_

9 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

I never made an 'Irish' joke xD

Its a movie in which there is a bomb on a plane during flight and they take all the passengers and luggage to the back to minimize the explosion's damage 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5ag4cyPs0Dlj9LFERVo_

Ah just thought you meant IRA or something haha 

May have to watch that now. 

• Subscriber

I hated flying for a few years. Don't like the feeling of being out of control since I learned to drive myself and I also still feel that it's unnatural to be thousands of feet in the sky being kept alive by the air flow around the plane without being a little bit anxious.

Having spent a few years getting flights regularly to and from university at the start and end of each term I've pretty much got used to it now though.

I can't say I'm scared of flying at all, but it's very boring to travel by plane and this is what puts me off long flights. Plane food is also horrible and you always end up with some screaming kid on board. That said, you do get to see a lot from the air, which is one of the plus signs. I mean, is there anything better than flying over a large, lit up City on a clear night, or over the Alps during daylight, for example?

On 26/04/2018 at 13:52, nudge said:

Not really, although I'm not much of a fan of flying, especially when it comes to long-haul flights in economy class, haha. Helicopters and small/aerobatic aircraft are absolutely class though, would do it often if I had a chance.

I love bus rides if a bus is comfortable enough.

Generally prefer cars or trains over any other common types of transportation though.

What about ferry? You can't beat travelling by ferry for me. You can actually walk around, do a  bit of shopping, have some food, a few drinks, go in an arcade, etc, etc. There is so much to pass the time on.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

What about ferry? You can't beat travelling by ferry for me. You can actually walk around, do a  bit of shopping, have some food, a few drinks, go in an arcade, etc, etc. There is so much to pass the time on.

Ferry is fine for a few hour trip, same with speedboats and the like, but if I had to travel long distance on a boat, it would be fucking boring as well... Surely more comfortable than economy class flying, but also takes much longer. Never understood the appeal of cruises, I'd be bored to death haha.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I can't say I'm scared of flying at all, but it's very boring to travel by plane and this is what puts me off long flights. Plane food is also horrible and you always end up with some screaming kid on board. That said, you do get to see a lot from the air, which is one of the plus signs. I mean, is there anything better than flying over a large, lit up City on a clear night, or over the Alps during daylight, for example?

one of the main reasons I like flying anywhere, short or long distance.

May be the only one but if ever I'm flying I always look out for stadiums. Flying over London is great for it because you have so many in each area. Also for London, it's great to see skyscrapers look so relatively small from above. Plus if you're flying in to Gatwick, Heathrow or Luton (not done Stansted) you're on the descent so it's a brilliant view seeing the City, the Shard, London Eye etc and I've been lucky enough to see it on a sunset above the clouds with the tops of some buildings sticking out from above. 

And when you fly in to Madrid you can see Atletico's new stadium quite clearly. Looks like a massive mushroom xD 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Ferry is fine for a few hour trip, same with speedboats and the like, but if I had to travel long distance on a boat, it would be fucking boring as well... Surely more comfortable than economy class flying, but also takes much longer. Never understood the appeal of cruises, I'd be bored to death haha.

To be honest, I can't think of any way of travelling long distance without it being boring after a while. If only we could build time travel-like machines where we step into them and then appear in our country of choice within 1 second :ph34r:

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

To be honest, I can't think of any way of travelling long distance without it being boring after a while. If only we could build time travel-like machines where we step into them and then appear in our country of choice within 1 second :ph34r:

True, but I love car rides, so that's still the best way of travelling long distances for me. You're fully in control, you drive, stop for a bite or coffee every once in a while, stop to get some sleep etc., and also enjoy the scenery, depending on where you're going... One of my dreams is actually going on a long road trip through Europe to Asia (or the other way around) one day, with a proper car, enough savings, and good company of course.

On 4/28/2018 at 08:11, Kitchen Sales said:

When I flew from Newcastle to Belfast the pilot asked if a few people could move to the back of the plane to balance the weight out, i didn't know that was an actual thing 

Only if there are too many Newcastle supporters near the front mate... got to spread the load.. 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

True, but I love car rides, so that's still the best way of travelling long distances for me. You're fully in control, you drive, stop for a bite or coffee every once in a while, stop to get some sleep etc., and also enjoy the scenery, depending on where you're going... One of my dreams is actually going on a long road trip through Europe to Asia (or the other way around) one day, with a proper car, enough savings, and good company of course.

Can I come? B|

I'd genuinely love to do a long road trip through various countries.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Can I come? B|

I'd genuinely love to do a long road trip through various countries.

Sure, we can use your skills to catch some fish for dinner when we inevitably run out of money xD 

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

Sure, we can use your skills to catch some fish for dinner when we inevitably run out of money xD 

No doubt it would involve a bit of hitch-hiking as well, after breaking down in the car half way through the journey xD

11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Sure @nudge will love that mate... 

Nothing Illegal going on in here officer..... 

Image result for car filled with smoke

She loves the smell of it anyway, so she would cope, I'm sure :ph34r:

50 minutes ago, Stan said:

one of the main reasons I like flying anywhere, short or long distance.

May be the only one but if ever I'm flying I always look out for stadiums. Flying over London is great for it because you have so many in each area. Also for London, it's great to see skyscrapers look so relatively small from above. Plus if you're flying in to Gatwick, Heathrow or Luton (not done Stansted) you're on the descent so it's a brilliant view seeing the City, the Shard, London Eye etc and I've been lucky enough to see it on a sunset above the clouds with the tops of some buildings sticking out from above. 

And when you fly in to Madrid you can see Atletico's new stadium quite clearly. Looks like a massive mushroom xD 

I love flying over mountains and always remember the first time I ever flew due to looking over the Alps on a clear morning. It was amazing. Then you have the complete difference in climate when you get off the plane(barring you're visiting a hot country of course) and I can always remember feeling the heat when getting off a plane for the first time. The air smelling so differently and the humidity just hitting you, even though it was early hours in the morning.

I suppose the worst part is actually all the fannying around at airports before and after flights.

4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

No doubt it would involve a bit of hitch-hiking as well, after breaking down in the car half way through the journey xD

I love flying over mountains and always remember the first time I ever flew due to looking over the Alps on a clear morning. It was amazing. Then you have the complete difference in climate when you get off the plane(barring you're visiting a hot country of course) and I can always remember feeling the heat when getting off a plane for the first time. The air smelling so differently and the humidity just hitting you, even though it was early hours in the morning.

I suppose the worst part is actually all the fannying around at airports before and after flights.

Won't be the first time you took a car journey with someone and ended up flying the whole way I am sure... 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The best/worst time this happened to us was when I went to Dubai with family about 5/6 years ago.

It was bang in the middle of summer here but obviously it was raining and very early in the morning so temperatures were fairly cold. We rocked up at the airport here in warmer clothing. The fools that we were we didn't take a change of clothing thinking that the plane would be cold (always is) but then we stepped out in 35+ degree heat in Dubai and just started sweating like mad. Was awkward when we got to passport control and we're looking so uncomfortable and sweating as much as we were xD. Literally first thing we did when we got our luggage was find some appropriate clothing.

We were melting xD

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

To be honest, bad cabin air and lack of leg space are the worst thing about flights for me. I don't mind airports too much, as I usually just spend time in one of the lounges if it's a long overlay, so it's comfortable, quiet, you can take a shower and a nap, there are unlimited snacks and drinks, etc.

Archived