talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chris Coleman Leaves Sunderland Along with Kit Symons

Chris Coleman says he would like the chance to get Sunderland back on an upward curve, after failing to prevent the club from suffering a second successive relegation.

The former Wales boss says it will be impossible for things to move forward until the ownership situation is resolved, adding Sunderland is "almost floating aimlessly in the dark".

Last Saturday's 2-1 loss to Burton confirmed that Sunderland will be in League One next season.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Where were they when he took over?

Not that it makes a difference as they needed to go down otherwise they'd just be floating around the relegation spots in the Championship for a while. 

• The title was changed to Chris Coleman Leaves Sunderland Along with Kit Symons
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not ssurprised really. Can't remember the last success he had as a club manager.

When Louis Saha was keeping Fulham up, that's about it I think.

Like Moyes someone else will hire him thinking that he wasn't in any way to blame and that Sunderland are just shit.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Like Moyes someone else will hire him thinking that he wasn't in any way to blame and that Sunderland are just shit.

Moyes has done okay at West Ham to be fair to him.

I think when you've burned through so many managers in a period of time that after the 3rd or 4th sacking you've got to be realistic and say well all of these managers can't all be that bad, it's probably us doing something wrong.

6 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Hodson kept them up. They were going down before he got there.

4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Coleman being found at at club level again because he doesn’t have one world class player carrying him and his team. Fantastic. 

Nah Wales did well. Not sure how much if it was down to Coleman though

5 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Think Coleman always had them pretty safe. All I remember of him back then was that he was a whopping great arsehole. Brian McBride was good though.

Was he? Seems OK to me why is it you say that?

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Mick McCarthy rumoured to take over and he's said he has 'unfinished business' at the Stadium of Light. 

Bit strange that I think. Didn't think he did a bad job at Ipswich and surely he could get a job in the championship

Archived