talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Can't see any other choice other than Ten Hag. 

I wish, but I can't see it. There's even strong talk of Ronald Koeman (presently in charge of the Netherlands National Team) taking the job and when quizzed on it today he resigned from denying the story.

2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Neymar rumours floating around and this time they've been really strong. 

Apparently, Messi wants Neymar back. 

If I made the calls at Barça, I'd push for this move. Neymar is a true generational player and there's no doubt he'd give a lot to the club. Barcelona have to make the most of Messi's peak and Neymar helps it. The fanbase wouldn't like it at first, but you must do what is best for the club not what the fans want.

Remember the fans own the club. They vote for the president and the board which means there's a dangerous game to be played there. This is like politics at a fan owned club like Barça. He has eternally had the membership against him in a decent percentage and all I can say unless things have changed dramatically in a few months (and these sorts of things don't change because of results, Barça aren't Real Madrid who are also fan owned) where Neymar is concerned, all hell could break loose. Imagine having a stadium against you and the team? It wouldn't be the first time it happened and Núñez experienced it while Gaspart was strung up (not in the literal sense) and ousted.

On 23/05/2019 at 07:57, SirBalon said:

Ludovit is a very good player but he's only 18 and should've stayed at Groningen where he apparently played 29 games for them this season and he currently plays for the U-19s with the Netherlands.

Now here's the problem that FIFA have caused with their strict rule on signing young players (the rule Barcelona were punished for some years back for breaking and suspended from transfer windows)... Instead of bringing these kids in when they're young, tutoring them and bringing them up with a home football ethos which then applies itself within the home ranks, what they've done is that clubs like Barcelona (there are many many more in Europe) with a massive web of scouts around the world will then wait until they're of the legal age to sign under FIFA rules. This breaks their professional playing career as they will slip right into the youth categories when they were already playing professional football like in this case with Ludovic Reis who plays for FC Groningen in the Eredivisie. Ludovic knows 100% he will be playing for Barcelona 'B' and yet he's willing to do this!

It's the same as what I said about Venezuela's young wonder keeper Wuliker Fariñez the other day on this forum where I stated he would be mad at his age to sign for Barcelona just to get that on his cv when he is already established and even an international... He's young and he will surely be signed by another European club to be a first team keeper and not an understudy like in this case he would be to Marc-André ter Stegen.

That FIFA rule has made things worse for these players and the clubs that have nurtured them and all because of some rogue clubs in Europe that have brought very young kids and when not good enough, they then dump them on the streets... The culprits being nearly all French clubs with kids from African nations.

Ludovit Reis is a great talent, its a shame Barca didnt loan him back, he really has had a full season for such a young age and now his career will slow down now as he will probably be playing for Barcelona B.  The transfer hasn't gone down very well, it follows a recent interview also from another Dutch young player at Chelsea called Juan Castilo who said he didnt go to Chelsea to break through to the main team they just offered him more money than he would of been earning at the time at Ajax

Edited by Panna King
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Martinez would be a shocking appointment. Literally the last man in the world I'd be looking at to solve the problems of massive capitulations and poor game management in Champions League latter stages.

Koeman is a bang average manager. Ruined Valencia for five years, had a couple of good seasons with Southampton, then had one decent season at Everton that was mainly down to us having the second best striker in the league that season that took us to a distant 7th which was the bear minimum for a reasonable season for us that year. He then proceeded to set us back about 4 years in the space of one transfer window with the help of Steve Walsh. I think he's probably well suited to Holland but getting a tune out of them for half a dozen competitive games is hardly enough to forget his ultimately dreadful Everton spell. He would be better than Martinez but if that's the best appointment a club of Barcelona's supposed stature can come up with then look forward to never seeing Messi win another European Cup.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/06/2019 at 16:18, Panna King said:

Ludovit Reis is a great talent, its a shame Barca didnt loan him back, he really has had a full season for such a young age and now his career will slow down now as he will probably be playing for Barcelona B.  The transfer hasn't gone down very well, it follows a recent interview also from another Dutch young player at Chelsea called Juan Castilo who said he didnt go to Chelsea to break through to the main team they just offered him more money than he would of been earning at the time at Ajax

Looks like he has done a U-turn upon hearing the likelihood of Lampard's appointment. Looking to agree to new terms and to work under Jody Morris again with Lampard. 

43 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I can't believe that's been permitted to be issued to be honest. Whoever is the editor or whatever the higest position is at Sports Bible is not only allowing the bastardisation some truths, but then completely inventing others.

The building at La Masia is currently being made bigger with another annexe and the office that has appeared in the room they've mentioned, has been knocked down at the other which is why it's been provisionally moved.

As for Sergi Roberto being the last La Masia player to have been promoted to the squad is even more bullshit. Starting to wonder if Nigel Farage and co have been involved in the confectioning ot this piece... Off the top of my head rit now I can name two La Masia products that have been involved in first team squads and made various appearances like Carles Aleñá or Riqui Puig.

Not going to squeeze my braon even more at this hour of the morning because it's not worth it.

Just simply to say that there are things wrong at La Masia because the philosophy in recent times from the present board and their president has been to sign players instead of trusting more youth but under no circumstances is all of that true which has manipulated facts and then created others that don't exist.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I can't believe that's been permitted to be issued to be honest. Whoever is the editor or whatever the higest position is at Sports Bible is not only allowing the bastardisation some truths, but then completely inventing others.

The building at La Masia is currently being made bigger with another annexe and the office that has appeared in the room they've mentioned, has been knocked down at the other which is why it's been provisionally moved.

As for Sergi Roberto being the last La Masia player to have been promoted to the squad is even more bullshit. Starting to wonder if Nigel Farage and co have been involved in the confectioning ot this piece... Off the top of my head rit now I can name two La Masia products that have been involved in first team squads and made various appearances like Carles Aleñá or Riqui Puig.

Not going to squeeze my braon even more at this hour of the morning because it's not worth it.

Just simply to say that there are things wrong at La Masia because the philosophy in recent times from the present board and their president has been to sign players instead of trusting more youth but under no circumstances is all of that true which has manipulated facts and then created others that don't exist.

Thought so mate, cheers. :coffee:

• 2 weeks later...

camiseta-amarilla-con-franja-azulgrana-c

We compare the yellow shirts of 1976 and 2019

The 2019/2020 shirt respects the 1976 original (worn by Johan Cruyff)

43 years later, Barça will once again officially wear the 1976 yellow shirt with the "blau grana" diagonal stripes.

The design that was announced by Nike Inc on the 8th of July 2019 is a replica of the shirt FC Barcelona wore during the 1975/1976 season.  Here is the proof:. If we join both shirts, the one Barcelona first used 43 years ago in a game against Liverpool FC and the new one which will first be used at the Sam Mamés against Athletic Club Bilbao on the 16th of August in a La Liga clash are almost identical respecting certain details that have evolved in the manufacturing of football shirts.

Thanks to a Barcelona fan and shirt collector (Dani Crespo) who owned the 1976 original and had just purchased the 2019/2020 shirt we can see the latest one has maintained itself faithful to the original design.

The novelties most noticeable on the present one are obviously concerning the material used these days by comparison to what was habitual pre-80s.  These days shirts are made from polyester while back in the day they were made from 100% pure cotton and much more expensive to manufacture. For those that aren't aware, from cotton the bigger clubs then moved to silk which was extremely expensive but proved to offer a better method of dissipation of perspiration and grave the footballer a fresher feel while playing. Few shirts remain made from silk on the collector's market and they are worth a king's ransom. Other small differences with the new shirt are the 'Senyera' (Catalan Flag on the back of the collar), the collar itself is also different as it has changed from a crew neck to a slight v-neck, the Nike symbol and of course the sponsor (Rakuten).

A curiousity is that there was no crest! For an unconfirmed unknown reason that was the only season FC Barcelona decided to play without a crest on their kits. Some say that after Franco's death Barça didn't have the time to get new crests embroidered to change Barcelona CF (the club name change forced upon by the Francoist regime) to the origninal club name, FC Barcelona.

The original shirt saw the light on the 14th of April 1976 at Anfield in a Liverpool v Barcelona game that ended 1-1 corresponding to the UEFA CUP Semi-Finals. The shirt was manufactured at the time by a brand called 'Mont-Halt'.  The owner of the brand was the then FC Barcelona President Agustí Montal i Costa (Barcelona 1934-2017). He was a businessman in the textile industry and made the kits for the club between 1969 to 1977 where then MEYBA took over. Agustí Montal i Costa's father  Agustí Montal i Galobart had also been President of Barça between the years of 1946 to 1952.

camiseta-amarilla3-1563029719040.jpg

camiseta-amarilla5-1563029778943.jpg

camiseta-amarilla4-1563029778945.jpg

camiseta-amarilla1-1563029719044.jpg

AJ5531-728_imagen-de-la-Camiseta-futbol-

messi-cruyff-296758.jpg

@The Rebel CRS @Cannabis @Panna King

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

That's plan B, plan A was to fuck eibar out of a few millions by activating the clause just to sell him. Plenty of clubs have been interested but didnt know what team to deal with due to clauses, the only one who wasnt interested was Valverde. 

Real Madrid are the kings of this particular  clause... What doth thee sayeth to this?

31 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

is taking away

They’re kidnapping??? O.o

I’ll tell you what’s becoming pathetic (actually since a long time ago), is your uncontrollable lack of  ability to debate in Barcelona related subjects.

25 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Hows the replacement of Jordi Mestre going? Resigned due to the pathetic Barcelona transfer policy. 

1,08 billion euros( after the griezmann ) since 14/15,  no one has spent more than Barcelona yet la masia is getting defunded slowly. 

You are right, i only need to talk to real cules that are more worry if a moción de censura is finally going to be applied. You are more worries about cartera than cantera and I cannot debate with those part time type of fans. 

During that period Barça have dominated Spanish football and competed in Europe. What has Manchester United done having spent more since Alex Ferguson resigned?

How many coaches and how many players? For what!

On 17/07/2019 at 06:14, Teso dos Bichos said:

@El Profesor Barcelona is taking away Tailson from Santos and Jorge S. before he even gets his first team debut for practically nothing except another spot from a la masia youngster. PATHETIC  club, if I was a local fan I would be raising hell about the club's foundation getting tore down by barto. They are feeding la masia youngsters sub par food and no real Barcelona DNA is being taught. 

In fairness, Tailson is out of contract. Barça´s done nothing wrong here. 

It seems to me this is more of a case of Santos´ president trying to look in the eyes of the fans, who truly hate Barcelona since the Neymar transfer.

Tailson is not a big prospect. It´s probably a move to reinforce Barcelona B. Santos don´t have many promissing players those days, especially after selling Rodrygo, who unlike Tailson, is a huge talent. 

Edited by El Profesor

21 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

🙄 of course you would pick that side. As much as I hate Barcelona, I'm defending the youth, the foundation of Barcelona. I do the same for my local team and man utd. You dont find it disrespectful how aleña was done? 

Weren't United the first club to sell out to a foreign company? They are even worse than City and PSG man! How they are except from criticism is actually ridiculous. Due to having history(which City and PSG don't), it is ignored, but in reality they are as bad as the French Champions and their "noisy"(or rather superior nowadays) neighbours.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Weren't United the first club to sell out to a foreign company? They are even worse than City and PSG man! How they are except from criticism is actually ridiculous. Due to having history(which City and PSG don't), it is ignored, but in reality they are as bad as the French Champions and their "noisy"(or rather superior nowadays) neighbours.

It's not about that though. Almost every club has foreign ownership now, but what sets PSG and Man City apart is the source of their money being directly linked to highly corrupt ruling regimes in countries which don't acknowledge basic human rights. They are major PR machines for those ruling families saying "look at our football clubs so that you aren't looking at what we're doing in our country".

It's no coincidence that the clubs linked to these regimes, who are used to doing whatever the fuck they want because they own the police, legal institutions and basically anything that would hold a government or ruling family to account in a "normal" country, are the same clubs who stand accused of trying to skirt the financial fair play regulations through various loopholes and possible bribery, at least in City's case. They just dont know how to be told "no you can't do that" because to them it means "stick some more zeros on that number please". It's what they know.

Man Utd fans probably don't get a lot of shit over the foreign ownership because of all of the clubs who have sold out to overseas tycoons, their fanbase (at least the actual Manchester fans) made a much bigger fuss about trying to fuck the Glazers off than any other club has done since, so they do have that going for them.

• Upvote 1