talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Obviously it seems Patrick Kluivert had something to do in this when we see the picture. How good is this kid mate?

Very good but he only has played 11 games for MVV, he is only 17 years old though, he was wanted be huge list of clubs. 

• Upvote 1

FC Barcelona have unveiled their second statue honouring Johan Cruyff that will go in front of the new remodelled Camp Nou. The statue stands at almost 4 meters high and has one of Cruyff's phrases when coach at Barcelona which he used to tell the players as they jumped onto the pitch for a game "Go out and enjoy yourselves"

img_agarcia_20190826-203856_imagenes_lv_

@Panna King

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Looks really good, hope Figo gets one next.

The next time Barça remodel the stadium toilets apparently. The problem is Barcelona don't tend to do those too often like Real approaching Copa del Rey Final day. :ph34r:

48 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

FC Barcelona have unveiled their second statue honouring Johan Cruyff that will go in front of the new remodelled Camp Nou. The statue stands at almost 4 meters high and has one of Cruyff's phrases when coach at Barcelona which he used to tell the players as they jumped onto the pitch for a game "Go out and enjoy yourselves"

img_agarcia_20190826-203856_imagenes_lv_

@Panna King

Yeah was on the Dutch news yesterday,  very nice honour.   Its strange there is no Statue in The Netherlands for Cruyff, he isn't even in Madame Tussauds in Amsterdam.

15 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Barcelona announce Rafinha has signed a new deal until 2021 and goes out on loan to Celta Vigo.

42 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.c0effc0eb174dc12d5e2e5daf8e9ced6.png

Brazil midfielder Rafinha Alcantara, 26, signed a contract extension with Barcelona before joining La Liga rivals Celta Vigo on a season-long loan deal. (Marca)

xD;)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

download.thumb.png.988e0e13a4a886ebce2ff4ce1c2ffb62.png

@SirBalon drinking jungle juice last night and couldn't find my glasses this morning. O.o  xD

giphy.gif?cid=790b76116df1e858667ab03c38

To ge honest mate, I love the way you keep us all upto date with such a varying array od news from all over the place. I imagine you wearing a Burberry beige mac come sunshine or rain, from Moscow to Delhi grabbing news and bringing it home to TF365. ;):x

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

To ge honest mate, I love the way you keep us all upto date with such a varying array od news from all over the place. I imagine you wearing a Burberry beige mac come sunshine or rain, from Moscow to Delhi grabbing news and bringing it home to TF365. ;):x

I just enjoy coming in here, reading and posting, I am not a young lad anymore and go out around town like I did years before. :D  

• Upvote 1

On 27/08/2019 at 09:22, SirBalon said:

He should take Dembele's place in the squad. Much better attitude and much more mature, yet is about 6 years younger.

You've got to watch it with young players though in that you don't rush them. For every young player like Messi or Mbappe, you have a Bojan or a Fabrice Olinga. Bojan, for me was probably rushed, because despite showing a lot of promising signs at such a young age, he ended up with maybe too much weight on his shoulders.

58 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

He should take Dembele's place in the squad. Much better attitude and much more mature, yet is about 6 years younger.

You've got to watch it with young players though in that you don't rush them. For every young player like Messi or Mbappe, you have a Bojan or a Fabrice Olinga. Bojan, for me was probably rushed, because despite showing a lot of promising signs at such a young age, he ended up with maybe too much weight on his shoulders.

Another one was Gai Asulin who I genuinely thought was one day going to be a Ballon d'Or winner. Too young like you say and way way too much responsibility.

• Subscriber

@SirBalon @The Rebel CRS, do you ever think the wee man will contemplate in leaving Barca?

Quote.thumb.png.f0b7846d0fa7caa9334283a4c47f7160.png

Lionel Messi will be allowed to leave Barcelona on a free transfer next summer, should the 32-year-old Argentina forward desire, owing to a clause in his contract. (El Pais, via L'Equipe)

Messi will be allowed to negotiate his future with any club from 1 January. (Marca - in Spanish)

3 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

@SirBalon @The Rebel CRS, do you ever think the wee man will contemplate in leaving Barca?

Quote.thumb.png.f0b7846d0fa7caa9334283a4c47f7160.png

Lionel Messi will be allowed to leave Barcelona on a free transfer next summer, should the 32-year-old Argentina forward desire, owing to a clause in his contract. (El Pais, via L'Equipe)

Messi will be allowed to negotiate his future with any club from 1 January. (Marca - in Spanish)

I'd be surprised if he did do at this stage to be honest. He genuinely seems to love the club(constantly winning trophies and earning millions also helps that of course!) and the only time I can really see him leaving is at the absolute end of his career. If that is the case though, then hopefully he ends his career in Argentina rather than somewhere such as China or the USA.

It would be great if he actually retired at Barcelona as a one club man though and it's unfortunate that Iniesta and Xavi didn't do the same, rather than leaving to Qatar and Japan. Same with Gerrard when he left Liverpool in order to move out to the states. In many ways I regard them as being one club men still, as they left to semi-professional leagues in order to relax and end their careers with a nice pay cheque, although in the classic sense of the word, they won't be regarded as such unfortunately.

• Upvote 2

Messi isn't the first player to have this clause included in his contract. Xavi and Iniesta had this and Carles Puyol before deciding his retirement had been offered this clause on a final two year deal.

In Leo Messi's particular case I would speculate that it's designed for him to maybe end his career at Newell's Old Boys in Argentina as they would surely not be able to afford any type of European transfer fee. But like I said, that's just speculation from me.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It would be great if he actually retired at Barcelona as a one club man

Same here, the same as Scholes & Giggs at United, both club legends but once they called it a day that was it, they only went into the management bit but I don't think they have been great at that role as they were when they played.

Edited by CaaC (John)

Barcelona gave he and his family everything. 

In my honest opinion, he should only leave Barca if either he retires from the game, or he cannot influence the side anymore. And I think that is exactly what he will do. (think instead of playing for free, he will pay Barca to continue playing for them). 

In all seriousness, Messi owes Newells and the country of Argentina, nothing. 

It’s football. Messi owes Barsa nothing. He’s repayed them several times over with numerous league, cup and European victories. He’s led them through one of the finest periods in their history. The money he has generated for that club over the past 15 years far outweighs a few medical bills from his youth. They paid him and his family due to his talent and potential, not out of the goodness of their hearts.