• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The problem goes deeper than their average coach. As long as Barto is around they will continue having the highest monthly wage, six years without the only trophy that Messi cares about, and talented players like Arthur not giving a fuck about the team rules and instead of taking the the time to heal he is riding hover boards, snowboarding, and attending every party Neymar throws. 

On 10/01/2020 at 00:16, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hasn't Xavi been a shit manager in Saudi Arabia?

The thing is, Xavi would be very suited to Barcelona and would have the team playing the type of football that will get the upmost best out of them. He's one of those men who I think could work out well at Barcelona, although probably wouldn't at another big club. Similar appointments have worked in recent years with Pep(who won a treble in his first season), Enrique(again, won a treble in his first season) and even Tito, who won La Liga, but spent most of the season in hospital due to him tragically being diagnosed with cancer(before passing away) and these have all worked out well. Had it not been for Tito's illness, then I believe Barcelona would have done well under him, as he was perfect for that job, even if he wouldn't have been at other clubs.

If we look at Luis Enrique's time at  Roma, he was awful, but for Barcelona he refreshed the side up and had them winning a treble in his first season. These type of appointments are often very fitting for the club and not to mention, it's difficult right now to find a suitable big name manager who would be obtainable. Klopp and Pep are the only 2 I would personally take and the former would never happen, while I doubt Pep would return either.

Barcelona haven't been poor results-wise under Valverde, I mean he's won 2 league titles and a copa del rey and he has actually only lost 2 Champions league games, it's just that the 2 he lost(Roma and Liverpool away) are the most important of the lot and came at a time where the team had a lovely advantage from the first leg. The football under him is often very unappealing also and he seems to be able to get the team playing well for only one half. I also don't think he will ever have the same success as he did in his first season(the job only gets harder) and it isn't going to end well this season if he stays I don't think. He's also been lucky to have Messi & Ter Stegen(and Suarez to be fair) to continuously produce individual moments to win games.

This is actually a fantastic squad of players though with a great balance of experience and youth and I can't think of any squads that are currently stronger on paper. The right man could work wonders with these players if you ask me.

I actually think the way Barca are treating Valverde is a disgrace. A long, publicly drawn out sacking for a man who’s won them titles.

Theres term limits for Barca’s presidents right? Because this current era of Barca is just slimy as fuck in the way it operates. It’s funny because the way Messi plays is class personified. But Barca at the board level are so not classy.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I actually think the way Barca are treating Valverde is a disgrace. A long, publicly drawn out sacking for a man who’s won them titles.

Theres term limits for Barca’s presidents right? Because this current era of Barca is just slimy as fuck in the way it operates. It’s funny because the way Messi plays is class personified. But Barca at the board level are so not classy.

Barcelona have already been in contact with Ronald Koeman to take over immediately but he has refused due to wanting to wait after the Euro 2020.

2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Barcelona have already been in contact with Ronald Koeman to take over immediately but he has refused due to wanting to wait after the Euro 2020.

I don’t blame them for reaching out to managers. But how many titles has Valverde won them and for the board to be floating it in the press that they want him out ASAP is a bit shit

Do it like Tottenham and Poch. Sacked at 5PM, next manager that morning.

Andres Iniesta agrees with me

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Valverde rumored to be sacked 

Xavi turned it down, but more so because of the timing.

It was wise of him to do so as well in my opinion as it would make more sense for him to come in at the start of a season and have a full summer.. Bringing him in now could end in disaster. The problem is, who is is there right now?

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Even if he won nothing I would say it was a disgraceful way to treat a man, especially one who is as respectable as Valverde. I do believe getting rid of him is the right decision as I don't believe he's the man to take the club forward from here on n. But there are better ways of going about it. The current board are an embarrassment, although so were the previous one. Rosell is as crooked as they come, while Bartromeu is simply just a clown who shouldn't be anywhere near the position he's in.

Valverde is probably the most down to earth manager out there, it's impossible to dislike him and he's literally never involved in any form of controversy, although his style of football just isn't fitting to the side he's managing at unfortunately and the results are no longer going in his favour like they were. 

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Quique Setien looks to have been appointed. He's been linked with Barcelona since resigning from Real Betis(where he did well, getting them back into Europe) and it looks like it's now a reality.

Interesting appointment. @carefreeluke is a big fan of his.