talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

Think they’ve done alright to cope trophy wise, there overall play however has suffered when Alves left, who was incredibly influential to Barca’s tiki taka bollocks or however you want to phrase it. 

You jump to conclusions faster than my missus. 

• Haha 1

They have to have one of the worst transfer histories of the last decade. I'd file nearly alll their transfers besides Jordi Alba, Neymar, Mascherano, Luis Suarez, Pique, ter-Stegen, and Rakitic as failures in some manner or another. A few of their current players could turn it around but they leave much to be desired and definitely haven't lived up to their predicted potential. Can any of these be argued as a good deal? 

1. Dymytro Chrgrunksi
  2. Dennis Suarez
  3. Aleix Vidal
  4. Arturo Vidal
  5. Paulinho
  6. Zlatan
  7. Malcom
  8. Claudio Bravo
  9. Releasing Alves
  10. Jasper Cillesen
  11. Jeremy Mathieu
  12. Cesc Fabregas
  13. Selling Thiago
  14. Buying David Villas five years late
  15. Thomas Vermaelen
  16. Kevin Prince-Boateng
  17. Adriano
  18. Yerry Mina
  19. Jeison Murillo
  20. Lucas Digne
  21. Selling Pedro
  22. Marlon
  23. Aleksandr Hleb
  24. Gabriel Milito
  25. Douglas
  26. Countinho
  27. Arda Turan
  28. Keirison
  29. Nelson Semedo
  30. Samuel Umtiti
  31. Ousmane Dembele
  32. Alex Song
  33. Ibrahim Affellary
  34. Andre Gomes
  35. Paco Alcacer
  36. Martin Braithwaite

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Six board members quit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52242083

Six Barcelona board members have resigned and told president Josep Maria Bartomeu they are unhappy at how the club is being managed.

In a joint letter, the six expressed concern over the financial implications of the coronavirus crisis for the club.

They also criticised the handling of a scandal in February when the club were forced to deny hiring a firm to attack its own players on social media.

And they called for Barca to call new presidential elections.

Emili Rousaud and Enrique Tombas - two of the club's four vice-presidents - quit alongside four directors: Silvio Elias, Josep Pont, Jordi Calsamiglia and Maria Teixidor.

Neither Bartomeu nor Barcelona have yet commented on the resignations.

"We have arrived at this point because we cannot reverse the way the club is managed in the face of important challenges in the future, especially in the post-pandemic era," the six said in their letter.

"We also want to show our displeasure over the unfortunate episode about the social media accounts, known as 'Barcagate', which we learned about through the press.

"As our last act of service to the club, we recommend that elections are called as soon as circumstances permit so that the club can be managed in the best way possible and deal with the important challenges of the immediate future."

Barcelona players will take a 70% pay cut during the coronavirus pandemic and make additional contributions to ensure non-sporting staff receive full wages.

Barcelona's board of directors, members of its professional sports teams and most of the basketball team have also agreed to reduce their salaries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Suarez us back, Dembélé is back. If football ends up being back, then that is a much better team with just Suarez alone for me.

The players have all been back in training recently and all have tested negative for the virus, which is good signs where football is concerned.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

• 1 month later...

Messi ignoring the assistant manager during the water break is pretty shocking.

His attitude is part of the problem at Barca. If the captain is ignoring instructions, everyone’s going to be ignoring instructions.

Can Xavi fix that issue?

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Can Xavi fix that issue?

I think so.

Since Enrique, I think Barcelona have forfeited their beliefs on how football should be played. This isn't the first time Barca players have criticised management and their tactics. 

As @ScoRoss mentioned, this is an issue from up top. Zubizarreta gets sacked and their philosophy of the game has been tossed out the window. 

• Subscriber

I think I remember Teso posting about this young lad or Yank as Teso called him, is he really the next Bees Knees from Barca?

Quote.thumb.png.fba55e5f4bf7734059413b25f17fde56.png

American 18-year-old winger Konrad de la Fuente has signed a contract extension at Barcelona that will see his release clause rise to 100m euros (£91m) if he makes the first team. (AS)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

5 hours ago, Spike said:

@El Profesor are the rumours true that Barcelona are doing to Arthur what they did to Ronaldo? An ill disciplined party boy that needs to be removed?

I don't think so. 

I think the real reason behind the deal is that Barcelona needs to balance its books, and Juventus helped Barcelona doing that at the price of getting a promissing midfielder. 

There were some rumours about some indiscretions last year, but he returned from the coronavirus pause in really good physical shape and he also put an effort to learn catalan. I feel like he really wanted to make an impact for Barcelona, even though this hasn't been translated on the pitch, since La Liga's return his performances have been subpar.

Still, I find insane to judge him based only in his last 3,4 matches like some Barcelona fans and analysts are doing, specially when he was arguably Barça's best midfielder in the early stages of this season until his injury.

8 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I don't think so. 

I think the real reason behind the deal is that Barcelona needs to balance its books, and Juventus helped Barcelona doing that at the price of getting a promissing midfielder. 

There were some rumours about some indiscretions last year, but he returned from the coronavirus pause in really good physical shape and he also put an effort to learn catalan. I feel like he really wanted to make an impact for Barcelona, even though this hasn't been translated on the pitch, since La Liga's return his performances have been subpar.

Still, I find insane to judge him based only in his last 3,4 matches like some Barcelona fans and analysts are doing, specially when he was arguably Barça's best midfielder in the early stages of this season until his injury.

Surely there has to be more to this transfer than simply financing? Barcelona are only recieving 10,000,000 Euros for the deal.

31 minutes ago, Spike said:

Surely there has to be more to this transfer than simply financing? Barcelona are only recieving 10,000,000 Euros for the deal.

But in the books, Barça are getting 70 Million euros from this deal in this "fiscal year". 

They will only account Pjanic's purchase next season.

"Against Atlético, Antoine Griezmann, Barcelona’s third most expensive player in their history, had been on the pitch four minutes. Ousmane Dembélé, their second most expensive, was not there: injured again, his career in Catalonia slipping from his control or anyone else’s. And as for their most expensive signing, Philippe Coutinho is in Munich on loan because they couldn’t sell him. He will be back soon and they will try to get rid of him again, another plan in pieces.

Coutinho was supposed to replace Iniesta, just as Arthur Melo was supposed to replace Xavi. But on Monday Arthur joined Juventus, travelling to Turin still in his Barça tracksuit. They were in a hurry, after all."

When you put it that way... yikes.

• Wow 1

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Cicero said:

How much is Messi going for nowadays?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/lionel-messi/marktwertverlauf/spieler/28003

Surely not correct because I'd imagine he is in the upper 200s at the least and also release contract costs, etc. However, if you look at the trend graph somewhere in the middle of that page it does show the decline in transfer worth over time. 

• 1 month later...