talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Rafa Marquez looks like he's going to return to the club, to train the youngsters.

A good addition to the back room staff. I always rated Rafa Marquez. At his best he was definitely superior than Pique.

Also a good source of cocaine.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aguero on a free

Wijnaldum on a free

Depay on a free

Eric Garcia on a free

Either really clever from Barca or a sign of their financially situation. They really are going to end up with a bang average side aren't they, I wouldn't take any of them other than Wijnaldum and he's the wrong side of 30.

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Devil said:

Aguero on a free

Wijnaldum on a free

Depay on a free

Eric Garcia on a free

Either really clever from Barca or a sign of their financially situation. They really are going to end up with a bang average side aren't they, I wouldn't take any of them other than Wijnaldum and he's the wrong side of 30.

Definitely a sign of their financial situation. 

They do have a few highly-rated younger players coming through as well, so this experience in the side may not be the worst thing in the world. Aguero is only 32 and I think is a decent fit, even if for a season or two. 

Koeman staying on as manager for next season.

Him staying on will probably confirm the signings of Depay and Wijnaldum.

Club also confirmed today that Jordi Cryuff will be joining the club, in some capacity, in August.

• 2 weeks later...

Dembélé out for 3 months. His contract is up at the end of the next season, if I´m not wrong. 

I have no idea what Barcelona should do in this case. He´s young and the potential is still there, it´s the kind of the player you hate losing for free, but at the same time it feels like that all parties could benefit from a change of scenario. 

On 21/06/2021 at 19:38, El Profesor said:

Dembélé out for 3 months. His contract is up at the end of the next season, if I´m not wrong. 

I have no idea what Barcelona should do in this case. He´s young and the potential is still there, it´s the kind of the player you hate losing for free, but at the same time it feels like that all parties could benefit from a change of scenario. 

He has tremendous natural talent in terms of skill and dribbling ability, but his end product is woeful and he's very inconsistent. Not to mention, all it takes is a gust of wind and he's injured and he has a poor attitude on top of that. For me, it's time to get rid if possible. His contract also runs out next year and it doesn't seem like he has any desire to renew.

With Fati back and looking physically in great shape, the signing of Depay and Collado deserving to step up to the first team, it's probably for the best to get rid of Dembèlè.

He needs a chance. It's time to prioritise La Masia and bringing in young talent like Pedri and Dest, and get rid of the deadwood.

It also helps bringing in a bit of experience like Agüero, as he's not being brought in as first choice, but more to add depth and experience like Larsson back in the mid-00s.

The problem at Barcelona isn't a lack of young talent, but the economic problems, which could lead some of these young players in leaving the club. But if hadn't been for the erratic transfer policy under Bartomeu, spending ridiculous amounts of money on crap, then the problem wouldn't be as severe in the first place.

La Masia is among the best youth set ups in world football and is proven to produce success. That along with bringing in some top scouts to find young talent is the way forward for the club for me.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 1

How are they still over the salary cap with Messi not being signed right now?  I don't believe for a second that Lionel Messi makes the club more money than they pay him. How is this possible? Do they have 100% image rights of him? Otherwise wouldn't he be earning the commercial revenue generated from his image? If Lionel Messi is sponsored by Adidas how do Barcelona make money from that? How does Barcelona make money from him being in Lays commercials?

5 hours ago, Spike said:

How are they still over the salary cap with Messi not being signed right now?  I don't believe for a second that Lionel Messi makes the club more money than they pay him. How is this possible? Do they have 100% image rights of him? Otherwise wouldn't he be earning the commercial revenue generated from his image? If Lionel Messi is sponsored by Adidas how do Barcelona make money from that? How does Barcelona make money from him being in Lays commercials?

Maybe they mean as a whole? You probably can’t quantify the money they get from sponsorships associated to the club because they have Messi on the books, or maybe even the tourism he brings to the club on a yearly basis that spend money on matchday ticket packages?

• 2 weeks later...