talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

4 hours ago, nudge said:

Yusuf Demir also scored, I hear. You'll going to have a lot of fun with him.

He's another young player with alot of potential and talent in the squad(which he is showing in pre season), as you have already said about him from his time at Rapid Viena, before making the move to Camp Nou. He's only 18 but Pedri and Fati(before injury) were both first team regulars last season at the same age, so now is a better time than ever for younger players to get chances.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Collado has gone out on loan, which means Yusuf will likely be part of the 1st team next season. Koeman seems to love him and he's impressed in pre season.

I'm a big fan myself. I think Rapid Wien did a great job by developing him, not rushing him and not hyping him up too much. He joined them when he was 10 years old I think, and then he made all the way from their youth setups to the first team, where they slowly integrated him into the squad and let him adapt to grown-up football with no pressure and no huge expectations. Now he gets to make the next step, develop further and learn from better teammates. Hope he can impress during the actual season and Barca will activate the clause to buy him. For 10million, he's surely a steal. Just hope Rapid get some sort of sell on clause into it, as well.

• Like 1

Very promising signs last night in the Gamper trophy Vs Juventus, albeit it only being a friendly cup.

Depay scored another and assisted one. He also put on a show at times with the flicks and tricks. It looks like @El Profesor could be right about him being a very good signing. He's a different player to the one at Man United.

Araújo had Cristiano in his back pocket.

The team dominated possession and must have had 70% of it, this without Pedri and de Jong.

Fati is close to coming back as well. 

Alot of young talent for the future. It'll take a few years of development and rebuilding(and financial issues to solve) but this team will be back.

Yusuf assisted Depay's goal and again impressed. Who needs Messi? ph34r.png@nudge

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The biggest issue now is renewing Pedri and Fati as both contracts run out next year and keeping those 2 is even more important than keeping Messi was, considering his age. These 2 are players who need to be built around for the future, along with the beast Araújo, Dest, de Jong and hopefully Eric Garcia and Emerson. 

There are also talented players in the youth who have played in pre season but not proven themselves in competitive games yet. Balde, Nico, Gavi, or of course recent signing, Yusuf Demir. 

I actually think Barcelona will surprise people in the very near future, barring the financial situation is resolved and the club don't fold of course. It's certainly worrying.

• 2 weeks later...

Barça sold Emerson to Tottenham for a fee of 30 million euros. 

They bought him from Betis this summer and turned into a profit. Considering that they have already Dest at RB and the financial position of the club, it's a good deal. 

The other big news involving Barça today is that their attempt to sign João Felix on a loan. 

I like it a lot for Barça but I'm not entirely sure Atleti will agree. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/01/2022 at 20:16, Spike said:

There are journalists that are in jail right now for reporting war crimes and governmental corruption. 'He kick ball good' is also nice coverage I guess.

There are some that are even dead for daring to report on stuff we should know about... One was even dismantled limb by limb in an embassy. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gary Lineker is as brave as you can get considering what his official genre of “journalism” is.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

There are some that are even dead for daring to report on stuff we should know about... One was even dismantled limb by limb in an embassy. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gary Lineker is as brave as you can get considering what his official genre of “journalism” is.

Five Australian journalists were murdered in 1975 by the Indonesian government (they really like executing Australians) and Roger West went to uncover the truth behind this massacre and was executed himself.

David McBride did the exact same thing as Julian Assange, except he blew the whistle on Australian war crimes in Afghanistan, and the government and opposition  offers none of the same ‘support’ (as if) they give to Assange and are trying to bleed McBride to death with a thousand short knifes. Whistle blowers are heroes more often than not, the balls it takes is astounding. 

It is like Australia couldn’t bear that the USA is trying to bury Assange and felt it had to do it one of their citizens. But conversely to McBride, Ben Roberts-Smith a war criminal is a ‘good boy and a patriot’ that gets his legal battle paid by Channel 7. 

Sorry I went into the deep end of the pool 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Spike said:

Five Australian journalists were murdered in 1975 by the Indonesian government (they really like executing Australians) and Roger West went to uncover the truth behind this massacre and was executed himself.

David McBride did the exact same thing as Julian Assange, except he blew the whistle on Australian war crimes in Afghanistan, and the government and opposition  offers none of the same ‘support’ (as if) they give to Assange and are trying to bleed McBride to death with a thousand short knifes. Whistle blowers are heroes more often than not, the balls it takes is astounding. 

It is like Australia couldn’t bear that the USA is trying to bury Assange and felt it had to do it one of their citizens. But conversely to McBride, Ben Roberts-Smith a war criminal is a ‘good boy and a patriot’ that gets his legal battle paid by Channel 7. 

Sorry I went into the deep end of the pool 

Really interesting stuff and the most important part of it all are the scattered points within what you’ve written which are “Patriotism”, “Truth” and “Vilify”.

What’s Incredible is how then the press and media are used to condition people by manipulating those three points above by turning “Nationalism” into “Patriotism”, “Opinion” into “Truth” and “Real Heroes” into “Villains”.

All of that has always existed but since the 1940s all the way through to the early 2000s there was a directive to combat these things at least within society itself (we’ve always been fed lies and been deceived)... But it’s all returned and more powerful than ever before.