talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

Some of their depth are errors made in the confectioning of the squad.  Robert Fernández (one of the technical directors) is a big part of the reason for these issues and the decisions he has made at times, I could've made and probably would've.  Quality players, but it's looking more and more like one or two are the wrong players for the team.

19 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

So who do we think the next manager will be?

Valverde is the bookmakers favourite but surely Sampaoli would be the man everyone wants?

In the real experts view Ernesto Valverde  should be the one to take over and according to them, the perfect appointment in every sense.  Jorge Sampaoli in practically every poll that has been done in Spain is indeed the fans' favourite.

Sampaoli being at Sevilla offers more competition oh the other hand, so in that sense it works out better. I'm honestly not sure about Valverde though and believe he could have done more than he has at Athletic(he's done well, just could have done a bit more for me), especially in the Europa league. Then again, he would have far more resources at Barcelona and more money to spend on areas he needs to strengthen. The downside to Athletic is that you're limited in who you can sign. He also believes in youth, likes to utilise them and his style of play is suited to Barcelona.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

On 3/13/2017 at 4:17 AM, SirBalon said:

Some of their depth are errors made in the confectioning of the squad.  Robert Fernández (one of the technical directors) is a big part of the reason for these issues and the decisions he has made at times, I could've made and probably would've.  Quality players, but it's looking more and more like one or two are the wrong players for the team.

I'm a big fan of pastillas de leche, to be honest.

23 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Sampaoli being at Sevilla offers more competition oh the other hand, so in that sense it works out better. I'm honestly not sure about Valverde though and believe he could have done more than he has at Athletic(he's done well, just could have done a bit more for me), especially in the Europa league. Then again, he would have far more resources at Barcelona and more money to spend on areas he needs to strengthen. The downside to Athletic is that you're limited in who you can sign. He also believes in youth, likes to utilise them and his style of play is suited to Barcelona.

Doesnt he use wing play with lots of crosses? If yes, how does his style suited to Barcelona?

13 minutes ago, Asura said:

Doesnt he use wing play with lots of crosses? If yes, how does his style suited to Barcelona?

Valverde knows Barça. He played there and learned much of his coaching skills while working at La Masia. Plus his temperament is good for Barça... A calming figure. The fact he trusts youth is also a plus. 

17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Valverde knows Barça. He played there and learned much of his coaching skills while working at La Masia. Plus his temperament is good for Barça... A calming figure. The fact he trusts youth is also a plus. 

But that wasnt my question though. 

Just now, Asura said:

But that wasnt my question though. 

Very few coaches have an inbred system mate. Athletic players are brought up on a more direct style of football and Valverde has had a job of harnessing that and not trying to change the players. He knows Barça and won't want to change it.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Very few coaches have an inbred system mate. Athletic players are brought up on a more direct style of football and Valverde has had a job of harnessing that and not trying to change the players. He knows Barça and won't want to change it.

so are you saying he will not be playing the crossing game if he manages Barca? Hopefully you are right and he doesnt play that crossing game as la liga doesnt want two Zidanes competing for the title :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

img_hnavarro_20170318-222105_imagenes_md

Verratti or Coutinho?

Speculating on possible future signings for any club is a part of football nowadays, as much as talking about tactics, team selections or results.  Nowadays in a pub you can listen to friends commenting on who they would love or who they think they'll end up getting....  Even speculating on who may be leaving.

It's no secret Barça want to boost the midfield next summer and add a central midfielder that is versatile.  There are many, but the names that have been consistently on the media's mouth where Barcelona is concerned for over two years are Marco Verratti and Philippe Coutinho...  Both  are very different but both add tremendous values to any midfield.  Both players have personal friends within the Barça camp with Liverpool's Coutinho having a close relationship with compatriot Neymar and obviously Luis Suárez from his time at Liverpool.  Paris Saint-Germain's Verratti is a close friend of Andrés Iniesta, Puyol and Xavi (the two latter no longer at the club).  Infact it is Xavi who has constantly validated Verratti's possible qualities for Barça vocally on many an occasion and it's also known that both Demetrio Albertini and Andrea Pirlo have said many times in the Italian press that Verratti at Barça would be great not only for the player but also for Italian football itself.

So who will it be?...  One or the other, maybe even both or it could even be that none of the two.

I can't choose because both add tremendous qualities to the midfield but both are very different.

El Barça quiere un crack para la media: Verratti o Coutinho

Verratti, la debilidad de Xavi

Coutinho, el amigo y fan de Neymar

• Upvote 1

Verratti is comfortably better, it's a joke to even compare the two. Only reason Coutinho would be signed over him is because Verratti would be almost impossible to sign. I'd reckon it would take a fee in the world-record region for PSG to even consider.

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Verratti is comfortably better, it's a joke to even compare the two. Only reason Coutinho would be signed over him is because Verratti would be almost impossible to sign. I'd reckon it would take a fee in the world-record region for PSG to even consider.

€100m is what's being talked about where Verratti is in question. The important part is that in the past two weeks his agent has actually been in contact with Barça but I doubt they'll pay that amount. 

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

€100m is what's being talked about where Verratti is in question. The important part is that in the past two weeks his agent has actually been in contact with Barça but I doubt they'll pay that amount. 

Yeah sounds about right, PSG will definitely be basing their valuation on the fee Pogba went for.

I love Verratti but those types of fees should only be used on attackers, I just don't think it's necessary to splash that sort of money on a midfielder when there are so many good ones about. Even Coutinho will be grossly overpriced, I'm sure Barca can get the right player for a cheaper price.

On 19 de março de 2017 at 10:41 AM, Chaaay AFC said:

Yeah sounds about right, PSG will definitely be basing their valuation on the fee Pogba went for.

I love Verratti but those types of fees should only be used on attackers, I just don't think it's necessary to splash that sort of money on a midfielder when there are so many good ones about. Even Coutinho will be grossly overpriced, I'm sure Barca can get the right player for a cheaper price.

The problem here is that PSG is a very club to deal with. Verratti and the club he wants to go to will have to be very careful here. Pulling a Payet would never work with this PSG board. In my opinion, Verratti and not Dybala should be Barcelona's number 1 target. They have never really replaced Xavi and midfield is their main area of need in my opinion. Verratti is young and he should solve their midfield problems for a decade. It's worth it.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

The problem here is that PSG is a very club to deal with. Verratti and the club he wants to go to will have to be very careful here. Pulling a Payet would never work with this PSG board. In my opinion, Verratti and not Dybala should be Barcelona's number 1 target. They have never really replaced Xavi and midfield is their main area of need in my opinion. Verratti is young and he should solve their midfield problems for a decade. It's worth it.

Agree with that!

All the stories emanating from the Barcelona based press on Dybala and Griezmann are crazy to be honest.  Why in hell would any of those two want to go there and be on the bench?  The crazier part is Dybala's constant messages on social media lauding Barça in one way or another.

Verratti is the man that looks to be perfect for Barça's midfield but negotiating with PSG is extremely difficult unless they want rid of a player which isn't the case here.  But on the other hand it seems Verratti wants to leave and his agent is doing a good job of causing havoc with contradicting messages every week.

neymar_escritorio.jpg

Neymar 99 searches for Neymar 100

He's not just about goals and infact this season he's been very sticky in this aspect compared to his previous campaigns.  But the truth is that this season Neymar has played his best football at FC Barcelona since he arrived.  You could almost say he's been Barça's best player and he has been a thorn in the side of every defence he's played against this season.  He's even managed to cut out a lot of his play acting and just tends to get upset instead.

Whatever it is, he's on 99 goals in 176 official games for FC Barcelona and today against Granada he will be searching for his 100th.

Los 99 goles de Neymar, por el escáner

img_mcorbera_20170309-140113_imagenes_md

Messi receives the now iconic "Comeback" photograph

The photograph of Lionel Messi celebrating the consummation of the now historical comeback Barça managed against Paris Saint-Germain at the Camp Nou.  The photograph that features the Camp Nou in a panoramic view with journalists and fans getting involved in the mass hysteria has now become so iconic that's it's made newspapers, journals and magazines all over the planet.  It's a legendary photo for a legendary moment that has a legendary footballer as the centre piece.

Messi received the photograph from the author and professional Mexican photographer Santiago Garcés at the Camp Nou.  The photographer says that what he most likes to capture in sporting events is the power and expression of the individual.  That the photograph can tell you in its own visual words what the sentiments were at that given moment.  Without doubt this is a wonderful picture that will live forever like so many others in the past.

• Upvote 2