talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

One of those where nobody will call it Spotify Camp Nou, it'll still be referred to as  Camp Nou/Nou Camp by most.

I wonder if there will be any Spotify exclusive podcasts etc as part of the deal? Wouldn't surprise me if there was live match commentary or something on the platform in the near future.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

It seems like Barcelona are getting their act together again. So many quality young talents playing in form and gives hope to the future. Xavi is doing a grand job to begin with...

2 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Araújo set to sign a deal until 2026. Massive news! @SirBalon

Yeah, I was just DMing Sid Lowe on Twitter about it. Better said, hounding him until he answers me. 😂

There were already rumours yesterday that an agreement had been reached. It is indeed great news because he really is a genuine centre back with no messing around.

Now it’s time to get Gavi to sign his extension next.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

All this for probably just a few seasons spending money for them. A decade of negligence, and they are going to be paying for it for decades to come.

I'm here for it.  

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Spike said:

It's no worse than any other named stadium. Do you say King Power Stadium, or Leicester City Stadium?

Maybe because Camp Nou is synonymous as that name being used for Barca's stadium. For several decades. 

It's just a bit different from what it's always known as. 

Never even called it the Leicester City stadium so perhaps not the best example. It's been Filbert Street, Walkers Stadium or King Power Stadium. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/06/2022 at 23:01, Stan said:

Maybe because Camp Nou is synonymous as that name being used for Barca's stadium. For several decades. 

It's just a bit different from what it's always known as. 

Never even called it the Leicester City stadium so perhaps not the best example. It's been Filbert Street, Walkers Stadium or King Power Stadium. 

I get where you're coming from, but I think people will continue to call it Camp Nou.

If Everton rebranded to Spotify Goodison Park, I don't think anyone would really refer to it as such (apart from the media for legal reasons).

On 30/06/2022 at 12:26, Whiskey said:

I get where you're coming from, but I think people will continue to call it Camp Nou.

If Everton rebranded to Spotify Goodison Park, I don't think anyone would really refer to it as such (apart from the media for legal reasons).

If Everton rebranded to Spotify Park you'd be glad because of the sponsor money and then you'd still call it Goodison Park anyway.

• 2 weeks later...