talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

15 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

What would Johan Cruyff make of this? I've loved Barcelona for many reasons, but at the moment I just can't fathom how anyone can get behind them. 

Reckless, bullies, short-sighted, parasites. Since the Super League fiasco a dark cloud has been over them for me.

Unfortunately we’ll never know what Johan would’ve said, but I’m sure he wouldn’t have bitten his tongue as he wasn’t that way inclined. Imo he’d have selected for patience with the young players as that was his whole reason for continuing in football after he hung up his boots as a footballer.

Even if they get through all of this and hypothetically win the trophies they now have to win. They’ve damaged the entity so much that they wouldn’t be a popular champion at all. It’ll take a lot to earn that back and I genuinely feel sorry for all those kids coming through because they don’t deserve it.

Given their situation you might have thought a one season ban on bringing new players in might have given them time to steady the ship and work out who to offload and who would take pay cuts etc without going down the asset selling route but wanting to be number one at all costs is driving all this.. The idea that Barcelona might have to play second fiddle was probably too much to bare on top of losing Mercenary Messi... 

They have not learned a thing from the Messi situation have they... All they are doing is finding ways to shunt the problem a few years down the line for someone else to have to deal with.. 

2 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Does everyone actually believe what they read about Barcelona? Things aren't great, yes, however i'm sure the media exaggerate it all. It doesn't make any sense. All these signings and there may be more.

They’re not gonna shag you mate.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Atleti (as in Atlético Madrid) is 100% better run than Barça. There isn’t even a debate there because that club (Atleti) were in the same chaotic moment Barça find themselves in today, probably even worse. It all started with the acquisition of club legend Diego Simeone as head coach and although it isn’t by far all down to the Argentinian as to the reason for their healing financially, he has a big part to play. Atlético Madrid have been very smart ever since and even where they’ve made expensive signings like Felix, they’ve made them with guaranteed payback if it fails.

Barça on the other hand are chasing ghosts... their own manufactured nightmare. They have a wonderful (luckily) new generation of young players and they aren’t willing to communicate to their fandom that patience is required considering their economic situation. Absolute cowards and betting on the club’s future with nonsense.

Continuing on the Atleti discussion. If I remember correctly, this situation is remarkably similar but Atleti approached it with a little more caution than Barca. If I'm right, post Sergio Aguero; Atletico were pressured to continue their having marquee forwards but they were in financial distress, so they signed Falcao whom they couldn't technically afford but with creative accounting there were able to swing it into action. I think the idea was to get success now, flip Falcao (which they did to Monaco), and use whatever money they won in competition and Falcao to float the team to further success, then success leads to more success, once a standard of performance is achieved it is just about maintaining the momentum.  It looks like Barcelona are tying to do the same thing but much more aggressively, a dozen transfers instead of one, and they can't even flip the players they do buy.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, Spike said:

I wonder Barcelona sold this to the incoming players. It must have been one convincing lie.

Has to be. Or some huge promise of money at some point based on performance of the club. 

I don't get how players have flocked there despite the quite well-publicised financial mire they find themselves in. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Continuing on the Atleti discussion. If I remember correctly, this situation is remarkably similar but Atleti approached it with a little more caution than Barca. If I'm right, post Sergio Aguero; Atletico were pressured to continue their having marquee forwards but they were in financial distress, so they signed Falcao whom they couldn't technically afford but with creative accounting there were able to swing it into action. I think the idea was to get success now, flip Falcao (which they did to Monaco), and use whatever money they won in competition and Falcao to float the team to further success, then success leads to more success, once a standard of performance is achieved it is just about maintaining the momentum.  It looks like Barcelona are tying to do the same thing but much more aggressively, a dozen transfers instead of one, and they can't even flip the players they do buy.

Yep, that’s the basics of it with Atleti. They also sold the Vicente Calderón which was prime renewal location in Madrid for years. The area they acquired for the old Olympic Stadium where the Metropolitano now lies was already theirs. They’d acquired that at a cut down price years before. There are a number of features that took them to financial stability when they looked dead and buried. Amongst the many things they cleverly did, what you mention was one of them. But for that one to occur, they needed a great coach. But not just any coach... they needed a figure in the similar fashion to that of Luis Aragonés and that icon was Diego Simeone. His passion for that club is felt by the fans and the unity it created carried faith along with it. When fans have faith in you, they also have patience.

33 minutes ago, Danny said:

parlez vous English you mug

Barsa haven’t exactly got the £667mill they claim because they decided to leverage £150mill back into their own pockets. It’s like me lending you a tenner, asking for it back and claiming it as profit. They need to pull some more levers…..

17 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

They need to pull some more levers….

It would appear so... They have failed on Friday to get their players registered for not meeting the financial requirements to do so... They raised £767Mill off the back of selling club assets and now they are due to sell a further 25% and they still have to offload players to get everything sorted.. What a fucking mess... 

Barcelona told they must sell Frenkie de Jong as attempt to register signings rejected (msn.com)

Edited by Bluewolf

I really like this Tebas bloke. He's really not scared to take on Barcelona to save themselves.

He's the complete opposite of Richard Masters, whose overseeing a three year investigation in to Man City's finances, and has swiftly prevented Newcastle from circumventing FFP in the same fashion Man City did.

• Upvote 1

On 06/08/2022 at 10:39, DeadLinesman said:

Barsa haven’t exactly got the £667mill they claim because they decided to leverage £150mill back into their own pockets. It’s like me lending you a tenner, asking for it back and claiming it as profit. They need to pull some more levers…..

It sounds like La Liga have rejected this as not "new" money and they must pay €37.5m tax on this payment.

You cannot make this up.

• Like 1

• Administrator
On 06/08/2022 at 11:24, The Palace Fan said:

I really like this Tebas bloke. He's really not scared to take on Barcelona to save themselves.

He's the complete opposite of Richard Masters, whose overseeing a three year investigation in to Man City's finances, and has swiftly prevented Newcastle from circumventing FFP in the same fashion Man City did.

34 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It sounds like La Liga have rejected this as not "new" money and they must pay €37.5m tax on this payment.

You cannot make this up.

Incredible xD

They are absolutely fvcked. 

On 06/08/2022 at 03:02, The Palace Fan said:

I have no sympathy for any player that joined them this summer. Raphinia, Christianson and Kounde all had good contracts lined up for them at Chelsea but they chose to put on there birdbox cloth over there eyes and chase the Barcelona fantasy that died when Neymar left. The same with Lewandowski who 'fancied a new challenge'. 

All you have to do is look at how legends of the club have been treated, the mental transfer spending, the way they're forcing out players with smear campaigns and the Frenkie De Jong story to know something is seriously wrong.

It needs one of the Governing Bodies to impose some form of transfer ban to save the club from itself. This gambling of a Super League that only three clubs seem willing to participate in at present is crazy and something UEFA shouldn't be best pleased about.

If the stories about Martin Braithwaite holding out for his full pay are true then he should be hailed as a hero. He was signed in completely unreasonable circumstances and the smear campaign pointing out his wealth through his property investments is completely unreasonable. If they release him because he won't take a pay cut without paying his wages he's going to get a lot more than the club owe him now at court.

Martin Braithwaite is a billionaire land lord fuck him. He is scum that trades land as a commodity. 

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

Martin Braithwaite is a billionaire land lord fuck him. He is scum that trades land as a commodity. 

His company owns around 2,000 apartments in the Tri State Area, NY, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.  Hope he's not a slum landlord?

Edited by Redcanuck

3 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

His company owns around 2,000 apartments in the Tri State Area, NY, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.  Hope he's not a slum landlord?

That is fucked. No one should own so much land.

On 08/08/2022 at 22:13, Spike said:

At the same token my energy suppliers are turning over billion pound profits but i'm not going to stop paying them. If you enter an agreement then you should honour it.

On 05/08/2022 at 14:57, Spike said:

I wonder Barcelona sold this to the incoming players. It must have been one convincing lie.

🚨 Andreas Christensen and Franck Kessié could leave Barcelona as free agents if they are not registered before Saturday. The club is concerned.

(Source: ESPN) pic.twitter.com/rCD0Cp6OHO

— Transfer News Live (@DeadlineDayLive) August 10, 2022

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1