talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

On 08/08/2022 at 16:46, The Palace Fan said:

At the same token my energy suppliers are scum turning over billion pound profits and I'd love to fuck them off but i'm not going to stop paying them. If you enter an agreement then you should honour it.

I can’t say I agree, people are often manipulated and lied to. Not all agreements are even honourable before signing. There is a lot of abuse when it comes to contractual agreements.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

🚨 Andreas Christensen and Franck Kessié could leave Barcelona as free agents if they are not registered before Saturday. The club is concerned.

(Source: ESPN) pic.twitter.com/rCD0Cp6OHO

— Transfer News Live (@DeadlineDayLive) August 10, 2022

Why don’t they play for free?

Apparently (just seen the alert on my phone so don’t know more than that as there is no article as of yet) Barça have pulled a fourth lever and will apparently be able to register the new players PLUS Sergi Roberto and Dembélé (who had both run down their contracts and were officially re-signed as new players under the rules).

Note that both Sergi Roberto and Dembélé were re-signed after the year’s cut-off period which means that they won’t be accounted for in the annual financial report for both the LFP and UEFA until season 23/24. This is a tactic that PSG have been using for a few years now.

So, the latest news is that the fourth lever has been purchased by Orpheus Media which is behind many of Europe’s leagues (including Serie ‘A’) intercontinental tv coverage. The company is owned by Jaume Roures a Catalan/Spaniard that has been on the Barcelona board of directors on four separate occasions. I think Barça have pulled a fast one with this if it’s all true. 

Edited by SirBalon

So, it’s €108m Orpheus Media has apparently purchased 20% of the media rights for Barça’s games being transmitted in south-east Asia for the next 6 years. I really don’t need to say anything here on this one apart from adding Jaume Roures’ statement just now when he was quizzed quickly as he departed the Camp Nou. (Not that his statement is required here)

”I’ve just given a helping hand to the socios who aren’t to blame. Not to this board or any board. This club needs to stay in the hands of the socios and they deserve to see this team play in full this year.”

Edited by SirBalon
  • Upvote 1

Ter Stegen

Dest -- Kounde -- Araújo -- Alba

Pedri -- Busquets -- De Jong / Gavi

Dembélé -- Lewandowski -- Fati

No doubt Araújo will play right back over Dest, but that'd be my team above, obviously rotating with players like Raphinha, Christensen, Aubameyang, Kessie, Ferrán, etc.

Strong squad that to be honest. As good as any in Europe right now with a balance of experience and younger players. It's whether Xavi can have them playing consistently or not. But he'll have to as the club's future is potentially dependant on instant success...

Also de Jong staying or not is still up in the air.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

1 minute ago, Carnivore Chris said:

No but most should be for tomorrow, other than Koundè and possibly one more player, both of which will have to wait. Hopefully the other is Sergi Roberto.

I think we all knew that somehow they would get everything they needed in place for the start of the season... I understand they are roughly 84Mill short of getting these players registered but as they are selling another 24% of their assets then it should be enough to get them over the line.. 

• 4 weeks later...

Raphinha has been impressive.

Koundé has been a beast at right back in his first few games, even though he's more a centre back. Even got 2 assists vs Sevilla.

Eric García is like a new player.

Lewandowski is Lewandowski, just doesn't stop scoring wherever he goes.

Dembélé is really showing his talent now that he's finally stayed fit.

Gavi at just 18 is keeping de Jong on the bench, he's that good.

Young Balde, another 18 year old, has been impressive at left back and kept Jordi Alba benched.

Pedri continues to show his class.

Araújo is already one of the world's best defenders in my opinion.

Fati has shown plenty of sparks coming off the bench in most games(especially deciding the game vs Real Sociedad), but still doesn't look 100% at his best. Given his injury record, bringing him on as a super sub for 20-30 mins in each game is probably wise for now. Whenever he's come back, he'll be rushed. Xavi did the same with Dembélé last season.

It's a huge contrast from the team of this time last year, which was looking very grim and bleak, other than some young players showing great progress. It's still early doors obviously but this is already a very strong side and the young players aren't being cast aside for your older, past it names anymore. García is favoured over Piqué, Balde over Alba....

Busquets still has some in the tank though so he doesn't need replacing quite yet.

On 05/09/2022 at 19:14, Waylander said:

Don't get too excited Alonso to come. 😃

That signing makes no sense considering how Balde is playing and how Alba is still good enough as a squad player.

Alba, Roberto and Piqué shouldn't be regular starters anymore but are certainly handy squad players still atleast.

Hopefully Xavi sticks with Balde, as he has been doing so far.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

That signing makes no sense considering how Balde is playing and how Alba is still good enough as a squad player.

Alba, Roberto and Piqué shouldn't be regular starters anymore but are certainly handy squad players still atleast.

Hopefully Xavi sticks with Balde, as he has been doing so far.

Alonso really isn't that bad. He was a heat magnet at Chelsea but he is a perfectly fine fullback, and he will probably excel in Spain as their is less reliance on pace.

10 hours ago, Spike said:

Alonso really isn't that bad. He was a heat magnet at Chelsea but he is a perfectly fine fullback, and he will probably excel in Spain as their is less reliance on pace.

In his last months at Chelsea Alonso's attacking play dropped a notch not sure if this was due to uncertainty about his next move yet he was not as predatory or clinical as in previous seasons. 

11 hours ago, Spike said:

It's not that he's that bad, but it's just pointless.

It'll be interesting to see how Bellerin does. He lost his way over the years due to injuries, etc, but he did pretty well at Real Betis last season, so he might have turned a corner.

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

I was going to create a new thread for this but, just in case, I have posted it in here, a very good read in my opinion.

Barcelona: Englishman Miles Barron revealed as club's first manager

download.png

Until now, the identity of Barcelona's first manager has been shrouded in mystery.

The club's official records refer to him only as 'B. Barren', noting that he was an Englishman who was in charge for a brief period in 1912.

New research has revealed the truth about this footballing pioneer, with a story that goes back to the coalfields of Durham and the first 'World Cup'.

Here is the tale of Barcelona's first coach, Miles Coverdale Stocks Barron.

FULL REPORT

• Upvote 1