talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

Just now, SirBalon said:

I've got Calvins on today but they're pinkish with flowers! :o

My Calvins are royal blue (I swear it's a Chelsea-coincidence!). The sort that are more like boxers so my wedding tackle isn't compressed into my crotch. Roomy.

Just now, Spike said:

My Calvins are royal blue (I swear it's a Chelsea-coincidence!). The sort that are more like boxers so my wedding tackle isn't compressed into my crotch. Roomy.

Seeing as you're from Oz and talking about football coloured underpants.  I've actually got two pairs of Aussiebum pants...  One in Barça red and blue stripes and the other the same in red and white.  I only wear them when there's very big games on like finals and I swear it works.  Don't like to tempt fate by wearing them for every game.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Seeing as you're from Oz and talking about football coloured underpants.  I've actually got two pairs of Aussiebum pants...  One in Barça red and blue stripes and the other the same in red and white.  I only wear them when there's very big games on like finals and I swear it works.  Don't like to tempt fate by wearing them for every game.

Cheeky. My wife buys me packs of jocks because it drives her mental when I'm walking around the house with a pair of jocks with holes the size of tennis balls.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

Cheeky. My wife buys me packs of jocks because it drives her mental when I'm walking around the house with a pair of jocks with holes the size of tennis balls.

xD

That reminds me of one of Sacha Baron Cohen's characters for some reason. hahaha

The more I think of it, the more I believe that Denis, Busquets and Sergi Roberto could form a strong midfield. I always remember the club chasing Cesc when Thiago was still there. In the end, Thiago left, Cesc weren't the right fit and when you look back now, Thiago leaving has been more devastating than any player who has left the club by miles in recent years, it was a bigger fuck up than losing Neymar. The same could happen with Denis and Roberto(albiet both being a little older now than Thiago was then), as both are brilliant, very different from each other and alongside Busquets would offer a great balance. They deserve a chance playing in their more natural positions. Iniesta can still offer plenty in the right games, but can't play 90 minutes 3 times a week anymore. Rakitic, if he continues playing to his best level, does cause a dilemma though as he's brilliant when he's on song, but it does show that there is actually depth there in this area of the field, it's just about finding the correct balance and utilising the players to their strengths.

Anyway, continuing with Denis and Sergi Roberto. Denis is still young and just needs a run of games then he will develop and grow further and Sergi Roberto is more than experienced enough now, he's at the perfect age of 25 and I believe that he will thrive if playing in his more natural role. Both are young and Spanish, in Sergi Roberto's case from La Masia, and they fit the bill perfectly.

It's Gomes who I don;t believe fits the bill, albeit improving a lot towards the end of the season and Denis and Roberto(playing in midfield) have looked far more assuring than him, despite not getting anywhere near as fair a crack of the whip as he has. I'd also like to see Samper stay, as even though he won't get as many minutes as the others, could learn a lot and fill in for Busquets whenever he needs a rest. He will have learnt a lot from his loan spell last season and deserves to be part of the squad. If he doesn't get any pitch time by January or so, then loan him out. But he could be a useful player and certainly has the potential there.

I think we'll do relatively well this new season. In spite of/despite the abysmal quality of recent signings and the horribly incompetent board. Barca is Barca.

Guardiola Debut Season Version 3.0 Loading (maybe not quite the Triple Treble quite yet but here's hoping we'll SURPRISE some ppl and naysayers....lol)

Edited by Savvy Xavi

Barcelona are digging a deep hole that could ruin them in the years to come. They will continue to win despite themselves but we need to look at the future. The core is all 30+, there isn't much talent in La Masia, it remains to be scene if Denis, Samper, and Roberto can cut the mustard, transfers in are just terrible, as well as transfers out. 

Just now, Spike said:

Barcelona are digging a deep hole that could ruin them in the years to come. They will continue to win despite themselves but we need to look at the future. The core is all 30+, there isn't much talent in La Masia, it remains to be scene if Denis, Samper, and Roberto can cut the mustard, transfers in are just terrible, as well as transfers out. 

Transfers have been terrible for years. Pedro Aquino is better than Paulinho and they could probably have gotten him for 5-10 million max. Its silly how much "names" get in the way in football these days. That or the scouts have terrible judgement.

Paco Alcacer, Mathieu and Vermaelen also made no sense. Its not long before they make an offer for Theo Walcott.

13 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Transfers have been terrible for years. Pedro Aquino is better than Paulinho and they could probably have gotten him for 5-10 million max. Its silly how much "names" get in the way in football these days. That or the scouts have terrible judgement.

Paco Alcacer, Mathieu and Vermaelen also made no sense. Its not long before they make an offer for Theo Walcott.

Mathieu and Varmaelen were terrible signings, but why Paco Alcacer? Once he settled in, Paco did well last season as a rotation player towards the end of the season, which is what he was bought for.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

Just now, The Rebel CRS said:

Mathieu and Varmaelen were terrible signings, but why Paco Alcacer? Once he settled in, Paco did well last season as a rotation player towards the end of the season, which is what he was bought for.

It just didn't make sense to me at first, I always figured he would be a rotation option which he was. But I still see it as one of Barca's random signings.

Honestly if I was Barcelona, I wouldn't worry as much about forwards and give chances to some of the younger players. They don't have to worry about goals because they still have Suarez and Messi. If they have to reinforce, defence first and then midfield. Sergi Roberto should be given confidence and they should sign one other high profile midfielder. CB's are a must. 

I think Lee Seung Woo and Deulofeu should both be given proper chances. Especially the former. When he peaks he's going to be good enough for Barcelona. Right now he's good enough for the league. I really do believe Lee Seung Woo is that good, I've heard though that Barcelona doesn't want him.

Here are a few signings Barcelona could make that would fit in.

Yerry Mina from Palmeiras. Not absurdly expensive and could prove to be good enough to play for them.

Renato Augusto from Beijing Gouan. This one might be unpopular, but if you want a Brazilian midfielder in China, Augusto is a much better option than Paulinho. Whether he's good enough for Barcelona is a different story, but he is a very good midfielder in general and if you're going to miss out on high profile signings like Veratti, its not a bad idea to make signings like this.

Emanuel Mammana from Zenit. A bit late for this one, made the move just now. I rate him and he's 21 with much room for improvement. 

Piotr Zielinski from Napoli. A realistic option who has potential to become the best midfielder in the world. He may prove to be expensive though.

Mauricio Lemos from Las Palmas. Had a good season at another Spanish club and wouldn't be a bad option for the CB.

7 players in the expected XI against Madrid tonight are homegrown from La Masia; Aleix Vidal, Pique, Alba, Busquets, Iniesta, Messi and Deulofeu. Come on Barça, let's go and get a positive result tonight!

VISCA EL BARÇA!!!

5 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Here are a few signings Barcelona could make that would fit in.

Yerry Mina from Palmeiras. Not absurdly expensive and could prove to be good enough to play for them.

Renato Augusto from Beijing Gouan. This one might be unpopular, but if you want a Brazilian midfielder in China, Augusto is a much better option than Paulinho. Whether he's good enough for Barcelona is a different story, but he is a very good midfielder in general and if you're going to miss out on high profile signings like Veratti, its not a bad idea to make signings like this.

Emanuel Mammana from Zenit. A bit late for this one, made the move just now. I rate him and he's 21 with much room for improvement. 

Piotr Zielinski from Napoli. A realistic option who has potential to become the best midfielder in the world. He may prove to be expensive though.

Mauricio Lemos from Las Palmas. Had a good season at another Spanish club and wouldn't be a bad option for the CB.

The last thing that Barca should be doing is buying players that wouldn't immediately help their starting eleven. It just drives up the cost of their squad unnecessarily.

Look at the amount of money spent on Vermaelen and Mathieu, why couldn't Bartra have had their role and game time. Probably would have stayed and been a better, cheaper option.

Or money on Digne, for the amount he plays was it worth the money instead of keeping Grimaldo. I'm not saying he is as good, but Digne hardly played. And is that worth €20million plus his wages which would be much more? Or buying Cillessen, a backup goalkeeper, for €15million really good use of funds?

By all means, buy players that will make a difference. But they really need to stop wasting money on average squad players, that force out younger cheaper talent from their youth teams.

4 hours ago, Messiesta said:

7 players in the expected XI against Madrid tonight are homegrown from La Masia; Aleix Vidal, Pique, Alba, Busquets, Iniesta, Messi and Deulofeu. Come on Barça, let's go and get a positive result tonight!

VISCA EL BARÇA!!!

Vidal spent more time at Real Madrid xD That is a bit of stretch claiming him to be homegrown at La Masia.

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Vidal spent more time at Real Madrid xD That is a bit of stretch claiming him to be homegrown at La Masia.

Well technically he did come through La Masia before being at Madrid, but I suppose you're right, he did spend more time there. 

3 hours ago, Asura said:

So Xavi commented on Nice's Seri that he has the Barca DNA so looks like it has begun again xD

It's an interview and he was asked which players he thought would be good for Barcelona!  He doesn't even play for the club anymore!!

What's he meant to do?  Not answer the question because only Barcelona get accused of this?

Ian Wright was asked the same thing a few weeks ago and he reeled off some names...  Is that considered tapping?

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Can't be any worse than signing Alex Song 

Makes a lot less sense than signing Alex Song. Alex Song was at least doing well and was rated at the time, this move is just weird.

La Liga is a totally different league to the Premier League though and Paulinho being shit in England doesn't necessarily mean he'll fail in Spain but it is weird that he's somehow gone from a failure to rebuilding his career in China and getting a move to Barcelona for €40m.

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

It's an interview and he was asked which players he thought would be good for Barcelona!  He doesn't even play for the club anymore!!

What's he meant to do?  Not answer the question because only Barcelona get accused of this?

Ian Wright was asked the same thing a few weeks ago and he reeled off some names...  Is that considered tapping?

No problem in saying that a player fits in a club when asked by a reporter, Im just laughing at the "Barca DNA", wondering how Fabregas Barca DNA worked for those guys  xD

14 minutes ago, Asura said:

No problem in saying that a player fits in a club when asked by a reporter, Im just laughing at the "Barca DNA", wondering how Fabregas Barca DNA worked for those guys  xD

I don't know how it was reported but the journalist that asks him the question asks; "Does Seri have Barça DNA?"

To be honest, that Barça DNA stuff isn't half boring now. I can't believe it still gets banded about. 

All the signings this summer have been terrible and not one single problem whatsoever has been anywhere near close to being addressed.

This is even without Neymar leaving, which makes for even more work now. 3 signings are massively needed:- a Neymar replacement, a midfielder since Iniesta can't play much anymore and a top centre back.

12 hours ago, Asura said:

So Xavi commented on Nice's Seri that he has the Barca DNA so looks like it has begun again xD

How is that different to Gerrard or Carragher speaking about what Liverpool need on sky sports/BT or Scholes and Keane talking about what United need? They are retired players, who are now pundits/speak a lot about football in the media.

• Upvote 1