talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

Agree on Giovinco. I thought he had enough quality to play for Juventus' first team. The second he went to the MLS I knew he would tear it up.

Bradley is a weird one. He was good in Europe but nowadays he's not very good at all. MLS quality at most.

Lad could've learned a lot from De Rossi and Pjanic but I guess he was satisfied to not go the next level. 

Only an assumption. 

9 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Sport in Spain are reporting that Valverde wants to make his squad smaller in order to make it easier to manage in a clearout that will likely see Arda Turan, Thomas Vermaelen and Aleix Vidal leave the Camp Nou.

16.5 mil for a backua..yet sirbalon has the audacity to post that man utd spends too much. digne, gomes, alcacer and the backup GK... 🙄🙄

??? What! o.O

I have no idea what you're going on about.

10 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

i forgot to quote Chris. man utd spends too much.. buys too many players blah blah but look at barcelona's bench alcacer, gomes, cillesen, and digne.. what happened to la masia, is it an afterthought now. 

Just look at GK positions, how much did man utd pay for DDG and he is by far better than any Barcelona gk and how much did romero cost?(Nada) and he is a much better backup than yalls overpriced backup. 

Mate...  Count all of those players and it doesn't come to what Man Utd have spent in one of the various summers spending in the past 5 to 6 years.

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

those players + prospect/not proven dembele 😂martial>>>dembele 

conveniently forgot to answer my question about the declining la masia. do they really not have a youth homegrown prospect like a Rashford for United? 

I answered the other one you threw a cheap blow at which was bullshit mate.  Barcelona spent money on Dembélé with the stupid amount that was given for them on the Neymar deal.  Barça don't spend £300m+ every summer!

As for La Masia...  I've said time and time again that this board need to be taken to task on how they've ignored it because there's tons of talent there...  6 players left for France this past summer and they're being poached all the time because they're not being given a chance.

Is that good enough for you?  I've said it before but you seem to ignore that part because all you want to do is take cheap blows at the club, a club that consistently performs better than United throughout its history on every level.

6 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

You always quick to criticizeman utd. Dime antonio, have you forgot about the presidency under this deplorable:

gaspmosud6.jpg.1b7cef107c26321ab01bf2587afd923c.jpg

I actually know Joan Gaspart personally xD

He constantly says he was the worst Barcelona president in the history of the club. hahahaha

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Its all starting to make sense now (your hate for Mou) but I still don't get your grudge against SAF, is it fueled by what happened on October 24, 2004?  

Prior to 1992, how you rate Barcelona's European success? Im sure with players like Cruyff and Maradona, success was inevitable. 

I haven't got any grudge against Sir Alex Ferguson...  He's one of the greatest managers in history only that he didn't conquer Europe like he should've.  His was a creation of his own, something unique in football if we don't count Guy Roux who served Auxerre for over 36 years

I haven't got anything in particular against Manchester United as I haven't got anything against Real Madrid as an entity in itself...  Unlike you! ;)

33 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How many European Cups did Best, Charlton, and Law bag?

What a stupid argument. 

Maradona never won the UCL or the Libertadores. There you have another example.

20 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

My problem with Barcelona is that the fans and players think/believe they are better than others

No they don't!  They live the moment like all fans...  What do you know about Man Utd fans here in England while they were dominating the domestic scene?  Do you know what it was like to live with them?  You couldn't even make a comment on football without them sticking their nose in the air like your comment was nonsensical.  That's all part and parcel of football and it has always been like that...  I remember the era where Italian football ruled Europe and Italians wouldn't even contemplate listening to any other opinion other than lauding their game.  It's normal!  It goes in cycles and you happen to have lived through the Barça cycle where you're reacting like others reacted with former moments of domination.

20 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Prior to 1992, how successful was Barcelona mate simple question.. has nothing to do with United

Prior to 1992 Barcelona was exactly the same as Manchester United on the whole minus 1 European Cup.  Look at it! ;)  Infact Barça were much bigger than United prior to 1992.

Edited by SirBalon

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Maradona played for Napoli.  And as for the Libertadores, you're having a laugh aren't you?  He was wasted when he returned.

I have to reverse the question and ask you yourself that.

1. Maradona played for Boca and that was one of his prime years. Not quite the peak but it was something.

2. Maradona played for 5 years for Argentinos. I have no idea whether they were good enough but after he left they won the Libertadores only a few years after.

3. I find it a bit hypocritical to say he couldn't win the UCL. I won't comment on the Barcelona front, but I'm beginning to see a Teso-like pattern here. If you say that you'd take several players over Marek Hamsik from the 80's, that just tells me that they were more than good enough. Besides, they also won a scudetto. 

Cicero is right that its a weak argument. Maradona is just another example. He's the greatest player of all time yet he never won a continental competition. That doesn't mean shit to an individual, and on occasions to a team.

42 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How many European Cups did Best, Charlton, and Law bag?

What a stupid argument. 

Teso doesn't even know who Charlton is so that would be a silly thing to say.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I have to reverse the question and ask you yourself that.

1. Maradona played for Boca and that was one of his prime years. Not quite the peak but it was something.

2. Maradona played for 5 years for Argentinos. I have no idea whether they were good enough but after he left they won the Libertadores only a few years after.

3. I find it a bit hypocritical to say he couldn't win the UCL. I won't comment on the Barcelona front, but I'm beginning to see a Teso-like pattern here. If you say that you'd take several players over Marek Hamsik from the 80's, that just tells me that they were more than good enough. Besides, they also won a scudetto. 

Cicero is right that its a weak argument. Maradona is just another example. He's the greatest player of all time yet he never won a continental competition. That doesn't mean shit to an individual, and on occasions to a team.

Maradona played in Argentina until he was 17...  Let's forget that period because he wasn't influential enough in a team that wasn't good enough.  He returned in his 30s as a drug addict where he thought he could live like a football version of Pablo Escobar smoking puros.

Many players in the Maradona Napoli were super to Hamšík and that's simply the way it is.  Doesn't take anything away from what Hamšík is because it only does if you think he's more than that and you're onto a battle of eras which you will never win.  It's your opinion having only lived through one era whereas others have lived through and are living through knowing both.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Maradona played in Argentina until he was 17...  Let's forget that period because he wasn't influential enough in a team that wasn't good enough.  He returned in his 30s as a drug addict where he thought he could live like a football version of Pablo Escobar smoking puros.

Many players in the Maradona Napoli were super to Hamšík and that's simply the way it is.  Doesn't take anything away from what Hamšík is because it only does if you think he's more than that and you're onto a battle of eras which you will never win.  It's your opinion having only lived through one era whereas others have lived through and are living through knowing both.

My father and uncle have also lived through your era, followed Maradona and Napoli and both told me Hamsik would easily make it into those teams.

Besides, you completely contradict yourself because you say Maradona's Napoli had a lot of players better than Marek, yet you say they can't win the UCL?

You say you rate him yet its clear that you don't. Hamsik on his day is one of the best players in the world and he's shown consistency since Rafa Benitez left the club. 

You're right that it's my opinion and I'm glad you finally see that we all think differently, but I'm just pointing out a blatant contradiction from your part. Not that there is anything wrong, I just think you're forming the wrong arguments to back up your thoughts.

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Okay you answered the part about the fans but what about the important part. THE WAY BARCELONA COACHES AND PLAYERS react to not getting their way, do you approve that? are you a fan of getting the ref to help you? cause if you are okay with that than that explains it all. dont you think pep was wrong for that? do you agree with Barcelona going behind the back of Liverpool when they were desperately trying to get Cou? 

Mate...  Players surrounding the referee is as old as the game itself, especially after the era where yellow and red cards were introduced.  Blimey!  Look at the World Cups in the 70s and 80s with Argentina or Uruguay with any refereeing decision or even their leagues where some refs would have to run out of the stadium through the fear of getting lynched.  That's the game...  Mourinho's Real Madrid themselves were great at hounding the referee and when that didn't work he would do it himself in the post-match press conference...  Infact he still does this and it's the same as what the players do on the pitch  I can't believe you're using a defence on José Mourinho where compelling about refereeing to combat how Barça players have acted.  This unfortunately is part and parcel of the game where competitiveness is concerned.  It's not nice, but it's there.

Edited by SirBalon

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

My father and uncle have also lived through your era, followed Maradona and Napoli and both told me Hamsik would easily make it into those teams.

Besides, you completely contradict yourself because you say Maradona's Napoli had a lot of players better than Marek, yet you say they can't win the UCL?

You say you rate him yet its clear that you don't. Hamsik on his day is one of the best players in the world and he's shown consistency since Rafa Benitez left the club. 

You're right that it's my opinion and I'm glad you finally see that we all think differently, but I'm just pointing out a blatant contradiction from your part. 

Maradona'a Napoli was in the era of one of the greatest sides in history with AC Milan and Juventus (although Juve didn't live upto expectations in Europe's elite tournament).  Your father may say that and I would listen to him enjoying the conversation because I also witnessed that...  We could have a proper debate unlike with you who didn't and only know what yo've been told or what you've seen or read.  You are in my position with people like Pelé, Puskas or Di Setéfano...  I know, but I have to be objective and pragmatic by looking at the whole scene around at the time.

Napoli have always been a medium type club and for much of their history (the majority), they've been a small club although not at a Benevento type level obviously.

Edit:  That goes to prove how big Maradona was.

Edited by SirBalon

Just now, SirBalon said:

Maradona'a Napoli was in the era of one of the greatest sides in history with AC Milan and Juventus (although Juve didn't live upto expectations in Europe's elite tournament).  Your father may say that and I would listen to him enjoying the conversation because I also witnessed that...  We could have a proper debate unlike with you who didn't and only know what yo've been told or what you've seen or read.  You are in my position with people like Pelé, Puskas or Di Setéfano...  I know, but I have to be objective and pragmatic by looking at the whole scene around at the time.

Napoli have always been a medium type club and for much f their history (the majority), they've been a small club although not at a Benevento type level obviously.

I know I can't. I've seen Maradona play in old World Cup match that they sometimes showed on TV here, but I wasn't alive to properly debate it and less with someone like you. I can only read about it and properly assume. I obviously won't be saying that Ronaldo is better than Pele just because I've seen one and not the other. Its a legacy thing.

What I can say is that you contradict yourself and now you have done it again. You say his Napoli side was one of the best in history, yet it was an excuse for not being able to win the Champions League?

Just now, Blue said:

I know I can't. I've seen Maradona play in old World Cup match that they sometimes showed on TV here, but I wasn't alive to properly debate it and less with someone like you. I can only read about it and properly assume. I obviously won't be saying that Ronaldo is better than Pele just because I've seen one and not the other. Its a legacy thing.

What I can say is that you contradict yourself and now you have done it again. You say his Napoli side was one of the best in history, yet it was an excuse for not being able to win the Champions League?

I never said that Napoli side was one of the best in history!  I said it's the best Napoli side in history...  That's different!  I know what Napoli are and what they were under Maradona.  Napoli under Maradona were the bain of a corrupt society and especially a corrupt FIGC.  What he and that club achieved was immense.

Just now, SirBalon said:

I never said that Napoli side was one of the best in history!  I said it's the best Napoli side in history...  That's different!  I know what Napoli are and what they were under Maradona.  Napoli under Maradona were the bain of a corrupt society and especially a corrupt FIGC.  What he and that club achieved was immense.

So I'm guessing you're trying to say the late 80's was a bad time in football? Even then, it doesn't take away that you say you rate Hamsik yet several players in the 80's were better and they still weren't good enough to win the UCL.

I can't speak for players like Ciro Ferrara or De Napoli but if they as an example were better than Hamsik, then they were clearly good enough to win the CL.

3 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Prior to 1992, how successful was Barcelona mate simple question.. has nothing to do with United. 

My problem with Barcelona is that the fans and players think/believe they are better than others, that they deserve victories just because of who they are  (look back at games were barcelona struggles and you will noticy a tendency of the players pressuring the ref/surrounding him and the dives) perfect example of the cule ego is Pep getting mad at Jose for calling him by the name EVERYONE calls him and then he proceeded to cuss him out, HYPOCRISY at its best. 

Prior to Fergie, United were as far behind Liverpool as City were.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 1

On 11/9/2017 at 3:08 AM, SirBalon said:

I actually know Joan Gaspart personally xD

He constantly says he was the worst Barcelona president in the history of the club. hahahaha

You cant post this and not give me the skinny on it! 

20 hours ago, Spike said:

You cant post this and not give me the skinny on it! 

hahaha...  Not much to say mate and in actual fact I mentioned it in the other forum we were all in a few years back.  When I was living in Valencia, the owner of one of the places I worked at introduced me to a Spanish football pundit called Julio Maldonado (known in Spain as Maldini) that is very respected in the world of football, especially the Spanish speaking world of football.  I went out with him on various occasions and infact got me the tickets for the game at the Santiago Bernabéu where Barça won 2-6.

Through him on one of my trips to see family in Barcelona he was at a bar and we met up one night and it so happens that bar was owned by Joan Gaspart (who also owns a very important hotel in Barcelona).  It was a private party and I was introduced to him...  Obviously my more than evident sympathies for FC Barcelona meant that I attached myself to that group and I was subsequently invited to a set of gastronomy trips they would all do in the Basque region three times a year.  He is very hard headed in that he has his opinions and won't sway from them but he's also hilarious with a dry sense of humour and very realistic on his time as president of the club.

I also got his story first hand from him on that famous incident when he was vice-president under the presidency of Josep Lluis Núñez in 1992 where Barça won their first European Cup (Champions League) at Wembley against Sampdoria.  He promised before the game that if Barcelona ended up victorious that he would swim in the River Thames that same evening...  He was true to his word!!! xD  Few have ever ventured to swim in that river... hahaha

C4OW2ELWMAElbPx.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

YES thats the QATAR foundation!! If it wasnt for them, Barcelona would have struggle to keep up with that high wage bill.

That's what sponsorship deals are for mate!

Elite football clubs wouldn't be able to cope otherwise...  Look at Man Utd who have financed their billion pound transfer activity over the past 5 years due to their mega deal with Adidas and their shirt sponsor. ;)