talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This Barça team is genuinely looking strong going into the near future. There isn't a need to go out splashing cash for fun when you consider the sheer quality of youth players that are coming through and cementing themselves a place in the side.

Every season recently, a new young player from La Masia/Barça B has broke into the first team:

2019-20: Ansu Fati

2020-21: Ronald Araújo 

2021-22: Gavi

2022-23: Alejandro Balde

(obviously Pedri himself, although he isn't from from La Masia nor did he play in the b team first, i.e Araújo)

The only one of them who isn't one of the most important players in the team right now is Fati, although he's a year on from injuries now, his form improved towards the end of the season and he's had a strong pre-season, so let's not lose hope in him yet. The quality is there. 

The 2 youngsters most likely of breaking into the team right now are Fermin López(20) and Lamine Yamal(16), especially the latter, who has fantastic potential for 16. He even made his debut in LaLiga at 15 last season against Betis, becoming the youngest player to debut for the club. Let's see how he pans out, although it's important not to rush him since he's only 16.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/08/2023 at 10:10, Carnivore Chris said:

Every season recently, a new young player from La Masia/Barça B has broke into the first team:

2019-20: Ansu Fati

2020-21: Ronald Araújo 

2021-22: Gavi

2022-23: Alejandro Balde

2023-24: Lamine Yamal

Very impressive so far, both in pre season and so far in LaLiga. But let's not add too much pressure too soon or burn the kid out.

18 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Vitor Roque scored a goal today. 19th goal of the year. For a striker who is still only 18 years old, he looks very impressive. 

Barça has a good one on their hands. 

The one thing Barcelona lack right now is a young striker, so hopefully he ends being a success. 

Cancelo looks to be the next signing. I think that is a positive one. A right back with experience is the main weakness in the side and before his fall out with Pep, he was key for City. He also has experience in LaLiga due to his time at Valencia.

His fall out with Pep is the only real Red flag, but then Pep has fallen out with players like Eto'o, Ibrahimovic and Yaya over the years, so it doesn't necessarily mean he'll fall out with Xavi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Ter Stegen is now in his 10th season at the club, yet is still only 31, which isn't old for a keeper. He will go down as a true legend, no doubt about that. After a bad season or 2, where he looked like he was losing it, he has regained his form in the past 14 or so months. 

How is it 10 years already?! I remember him signing, jeez.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Stan said:

Gavi completely tore his ACL last night playing for Spain :(

Against Georgia in the European qualifiers. Typical. 

Get well soon Gavi. 

But I can see him never being the same again after this, just like Fati. Barcelona's future is basically dying before it even starts. Pedri and Araújo are injured all the time themselves.

But honestly though, the kid getting better is the most important. It must be horrific to suffer such an injury and it's going to be a seriously stressful time for him.

• 2 months later...
On 28/08/2023 at 02:48, El Profesor said:

Vitor Roque scored a goal today. 19th goal of the year. For a striker who is still only 18 years old, he looks very impressive. 

Vitor Roque has scored 2 in his last 2 off the bench for Barcelona. Even in the games before that, he missed chances but got into great positions in the first place. His red card was laughable though. No way deserved.

13 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Vitor Roque has scored 2 in his last 2 off the bench for Barcelona. Even in the games before that, he missed chances but got into great positions in the first place. His red card was laughable though. No way deserved.

Hopefully those two goals can give him confidence and also more minutes. 

• 1 month later...

In my opinion, CF Barcelona's best era came with Leo Messi, a great football player and one of the best in the history of football. Since he left, many others left and the CF Barcelona has never been the same since then. I hope better times come for this great team! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/03/2024 at 12:10, Armand said:

In my opinion, CF Barcelona's best era came with Leo Messi, a great football player and one of the best in the history of football. Since he left, many others left and the CF Barcelona has never been the same since then. I hope better times come for this great team! 

It's FC Barcelona.

But I think your opinion about Barcelona's era is shared by everyone to be honest mate. That will be tough to surpass.

Barring no injuries against Madrid in the Clásico, I'm guessing this will be the line up:-

Ter Stegen

Koundé -- Araújo -- Cubarsi -- Cancelo

Pedri -- de Jong -- Gundogan

Yamal -- Lewandowski -- Raphinha 

That's a actually a strong line up.