talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

I'm so envious of the Colombians. They know how to get moves. Anderson Santamaria who plays for Atlas in my opinion is better than Murillo, yet one is in a bottom half team in Mexico and the other just got a move to arguably the biggest team in the world. 

I expect Murillo to be another Mathieu. He's absolute trash.

I knew it would take him a while to settle in to such a fantastic team like Barca, I wouldn't say he's been a flop because he's still only 25 and has his best years ahead. I just hope he's happy he made the move to sit on the bench because he could have been involved in something huge at Liverpool if he decided to stay.

Edited by UNORTHODOX

• Subscriber

Barcelona deny illegal approach for Paris St-Germain's Adrien Rabiot

5 hours ago | European Football

Barcelona has denied making an illegal approach for Paris St-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot - but are interested in signing the player.

The 23-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season so can speak to other clubs when the transfer window opens on 1 January.

According to reports, the Spanish club has already been in contact with the player via his representatives.

But that would breach transfer rules so the club has issued a denial.

A Barca statement insisted "there was no breach of regulations regarding the signing of PSG players".

It added: "The only contacts were carried out last August and now a week ago. In both cases, the contacts took place with the sports managers of PSG. FC Barcelona always wanted to work from the highest level of transparency with PSG and with any other club."

Rabiot has recently fallen out of favor at PSG with sporting director Antero Henrique telling Yahoo Sports France he would not play for the French champions again unless he signed a new contract.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46716663

When I've been and come back from Amsterdam in Feb, I'm going to book Barcelona for 3 days in late April I think. I was supposed to be down south again fishing for a week in May, but that is now happening on the last week in August, so I will squeeze Barcelona inbetween the two. That week I'm back from Amsterdam, it'll be getting booked. 

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Barcelona consider a move for Man Utd free agent Mata

The Spain international is also interesting Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain as his contract continues to run down at Old Trafford

Barcelona has made contact with the representatives of Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata as they weigh up a move for the Spain international.

Goal understands Barca are interested in bringing Mata to Camp Nou this summer, with the 30-year-old available on a free transfer at the end of the season as his contract at Old Trafford runs down.

Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain have also shown an interest in the former Chelsea star, meaning there is likely to be a battle for his signature should he fail to sign a new deal with the Red Devils.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/barcelona-consider-move-for-man-utd-free-agent-mata/ovivthxoschb1b4xf8aav6w25

I knew Sevilla would win that one when I saw the line-ups.

It's not that it was necessarily a bad line-up fielded by Valverde as there were some very good players in the side, although Sevilla are 4th in La Liga for a reason and that's because they are a strong side, so you can't expect to beat them with second string.

I get the impression that Valverde isn't taking the cup very seriously this season, but to be honest, after winning 4 in a row, I think that total focus should be on the Champions League this year and of course La Liga.

2-0 as it stands after 75 minutes with goals from Semedo and Messi. Girona have actually had more chances though and are unlucky to be 2 down, specifically after forcing some nice saves from Ter Stegen and a goal line clearance from Pique, who is in much better form lately. The second goal was a nice finish from Messi, chipping the keeper. Alba and Suarez also heavily involved as always.

Personally I think Semedo should be first choice over Sergi Roberto. I like Roberto, but Semedo is more natural there and offers more allround for me.

Coutinho has been the weaklink and it's evident that Dembele is the main man for that role when fit. Then again, I'd even say this was the case if Coutinho was in his best form as the Frenchman is a different class of player and is only going to get better and better.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• 2 weeks later...

@José The idea was to use Juan Miranda(from the youth set-up) as second choice left-back, although in the end it hasn't really worked out as he's still too young, raw and not ready for that type of step yet. As I said at the time, I believe Cucurella would have been more ready to take that spot as it stands. Juan Miranda has more potential for the future, but right now I'd see Cucurella being more ready at this moment in time.

It's difficult to find someone who can fill in for Alba as the lad is THAT good. You can't just go out and buy another top left-back as back up as they wouldn't be happy playing second fiddle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Jordi Alba: Barcelona full-back signs a new contract with a £428m release clause

European Football

Spain full-back Jordi Alba has committed himself to Barcelona until 2024 by signing a new contract.

The 29-year-old's new deal includes a 500m euro (£428m) release clause.

Alba joined the Spanish champions from Valencia in 2012 and has made 282 appearances, winning 14 trophies, including four La Liga titles.

He has played 36 games this season for La Liga's current leaders, helping them to the Copa del Rey final and the Champions League last 16.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47406909

• Upvote 1

football forum
55 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Alba is indispensable these days. I can't think of anyone in the world who could replace what he does at Barcelona. He's perfect for the team and along with Messi, Ter Stegen(who made some lovely saves again yesterday) and Busquets, is the most important player in the side.

Said for ages that he's the most underrated guy in the side. Take him out and they are so much worse off, arguably the best left-back there is. 

20 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Said for ages that he's the most underrated guy in the side. Take him out and they are so much worse off, arguably the best left-back there is. 

Yeah his importance has massively grown over the last 4 or so years.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

You can see the chemistry he and Messi have. It was the same thing when Messi had Alves. 

This is why I always say that Argentina lack top full backs more than anything else.

• 2 weeks later...