talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/03/2019 at 17:12, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol Barca want to sell their backup keeper for 45-50m. So they signed him for 13m, player him for about 25 matches in 3 years, and are now telling us he’s worth about 4 times what they paid for him xD

To be fair, if Liverpool didn't inflate the market by charging what they did for Coutinho then the transfer market wouldn't be in this mess :coffee:

16 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

To be fair, if Liverpool didn't inflate the market by charging what they did for Coutinho then the transfer market wouldn't be in this mess :coffee:

You had to pay extra to make up for his "back injury" caused by his "great sadness"

• Haha 1

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

There's a rumour going round that Alberto Moreno is about to sign for Barca on a 2 year deal. Hilarious if true, nowhere near good enough to play for Barca. He's got to be one of the worst fullbacks in England.

Barca don't really care about defensive fullbacks. Moreno is good in an attacking sense, which is why I'd imagine they are after him. 

39 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

There's a rumour going round that Alberto Moreno is about to sign for Barca on a 2 year deal. Hilarious if true, nowhere near good enough to play for Barca. He's got to be one of the worst fullbacks in England.

He was class at Sevilla and looked set to become a top full back to be honest. As I said at the time though, he moved too soon. If he'd waited a few years then he'd have gotten himself a move to one of the big 3 in Spain probably, or even gone to a club in England like Liverpool but been more ready. It's very rare that young Spanish players go to England and go on to become stars if you notice. The ones who do work out are always stars before leaving Spain and Silva, Cazorla and Aguero wouldn't be what they are if they had moved to England as youngsters if you ask me. They came here ready made(while still having years ahead of them), whereas Alberto Moreno only had 1 full season at Sevilla.

The one I'm surprised at not working out was Iago Aspas as he's brilliant. Strangely enough it didn't work for him at Sevilla either and it seems as though he only enjoys his football when playing for his hometown club.

Either way, I can't see him playing much due to Alba.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

4 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

He was class at Sevilla and looked set to become a top full back to be honest. As I said at the time though, he moved too soon. If he'd waited a few years then he'd have gotten himself a move to one of the big 3 in Spain probably, or even gone to a club in England like Liverpool but been more ready. It's very rare that young Spanish players go to England and go on to become stars if you notice. The ones who do work out are always stars before leaving Spain and Silva, Cazorla and Aguero wouldn't be what they are if they had moved to England as youngsters if you ask me. They came here ready made(while still having years ahead of them), whereas Alberto Moreno only had 1 full season at Sevilla.

The one I'm surprised at not working out was Iago Aspas as he's brilliant. Strangely enough it didn't work for him at Sevilla either and it seems as though he only enjoys his football when playing for his hometown club.

Either way, I can't see him playing much due to Alba.

I think Aspas was unfortunate because he was signed right when Sturridge had that season where he stayed healthy all season and was class. And of course Suarez was ahead of him. Things might have turned out differently had he had more minutes on the pitch in England.

Other than his one famously shite corner though, I don’t think he was a complete embarrassment. He may not have ever been close to the player from Celta Vigo we signed or the player he is now (and I really do think that was down to him getting mostly a few minutes here and there) - but he’s a player that always gave 100% on the pitch for us. Even if you’re shite, if you’re running your bollocks off for us every time you’re on the pitch for us, you’re better than a lot of the truly shite players we’ve had.

Moreno’s a weird one. His debut is arguably his best match for us, he started really brightly for us... and then faded spectacularly. I would say he’s not bad as a backup, but I just don’t think it’s true. We’re a side that’s had injury issues at the fullback position and I absolutely dread the thought of him playing for us ever again.

I know La Liga and the prem have different styles, but I still think Moreno is nowhere near good enough to play for Barca. He’s Salif Diao level quality, which is to say he’s part of that trio - Diao, Konchesky, Moreno - the three worst players I’ve ever seen at Liverpool 

19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Aspas was unfortunate because he was signed right when Sturridge had that season where he stayed healthy all season and was class. And of course Suarez was ahead of him. Things might have turned out differently had he had more minutes on the pitch in England.

Other than his one famously shite corner though, I don’t think he was a complete embarrassment. He may not have ever been close to the player from Celta Vigo we signed or the player he is now (and I really do think that was down to him getting mostly a few minutes here and there) - but he’s a player that always gave 100% on the pitch for us. Even if you’re shite, if you’re running your bollocks off for us every time you’re on the pitch for us, you’re better than a lot of the truly shite players we’ve had.

Moreno’s a weird one. His debut is arguably his best match for us, he started really brightly for us... and then faded spectacularly. I would say he’s not bad as a backup, but I just don’t think it’s true. We’re a side that’s had injury issues at the fullback position and I absolutely dread the thought of him playing for us ever again.

I know La Liga and the prem have different styles, but I still think Moreno is nowhere near good enough to play for Barca. He’s Salif Diao level quality, which is to say he’s part of that trio - Diao, Konchesky, Moreno - the three worst players I’ve ever seen at Liverpool 

I don't think he's good enough now either mate, but if he'd stayed at Sevilla for a few more years, he could have been a star for Liverpool or another club.

Personally I think young players are too quick to sign for bigger clubs these days and it often doesn't work out as well as it could. Then again, you do get players like Arthur, who joined Barcelona as an inexperienced Brazilian, yet you'd have thought he'd been playing at the top level for a few years with the way he has instantly settled in. The problem is, if you don't go in for them while you can then another club could muscle in and snatch them from under your nose.

Personally I'd use Cucurella as back-up to Alba instead and give the lad a chance. It's too early for Juan Miranda(who has more potential than Cucurella for me), but I believe Cucurella would be decent back-up to Alba. He's still only 20 himself but the experience at Eibar will have helped him a lot.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11 May 2019 at 03:03, 6666 said:

Interesting comments from Ivan Rakitic... 

Just seen this... Wow!

If true, it fits right into today's rise in populism and how people have thrown political correctness out of the window. Peope feel free to say what they want now without repercussions and without being made to expand and explain their comments. I can now say these days that the moon is made of cheese in a public environment and it will be accepted by most without questioning.

FC Barcelona President Josep Maria Bartomeu has just announced that first team head coach Ernesto Valverde will be managing the first team next season 100%. So the rumours on possible replacements can now cease.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

FC Barcelona President Josep Maria Bartomeu has just announced that first team head coach Ernesto Valverde will be managing the first team next season 100%. So the rumours on possible replacements can now cease.

This just in. Barcelona will not being winning the Champions League next season 100%. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

This just in. Barcelona will not being winning the Champions League next season 100%. 

Hahaha You obviously don't like Valverde and I get it although I don't feel he's as bad as you're making out. Remember, that the semi-final could've easily gone the right way with one goal in that second leg. With the right players in next season, there'll be more high end options.

But I would prefer another coach, Erik ten Hag would be my immediate choice until Xavi is ready.

14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hahaha You obviously don't like Valverde and I get it although I don't feel he's as bad as you're making out. Remember, that the semi-final could've easily gone the right way with one goal in that second leg. With the right players in next season, there'll be more high end options.

But I would prefer another coach, Erik ten Hag would be my immediate choice until Xavi is ready.

Two years now it's been down to his tactical decisions that have had Barca completely bottle it. 

Instead of taking the initiative and commiting to Barca's strengths, he's reactive and focuses far too much on a defensive midfield structure. Barca aren't going to win the CL with Valverde focusing too much on a defensive set up and relying soely on Messi at the other end. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Two years now it's been down to his tactical decisions that have had Barca completely bottle it. 

Instead of taking the initiative and commiting to Barca's strengths, he's reactive and focuses far too much on a defensive midfield structure. Barca aren't going to win the CL with Valverde focusing too much on a defensive set up and relying soely on Messi at the other end. 

You are right with that but there are results that say he's done very well when not overthinking it all. For example Spurs who are in this year's final were played off the park at Wembley... There are other results that point to this... I think with Liverpool it was a different story and this is where we can really aim criticisms at Valverde because we can go back to last season where there was a comment he made to a journalist in private before the second leg in Rome that tells a story.

He spoke about Liverpool at length and Klopp in particular, about how he's followed Klopp's coaching career all the way from where he coached Mainz in Germany. He seemed to be afraid that Klopp's style of play was the worst team Barcelona could ever meet, it was the antidote for anything his team could offer in terms of wanting to dominate a tie properly... He said if he faced them after Roma, they'd have to play it tactically.

He didn't have to meet them last season, but we now have recent history and your comment to prove Valverde's fears.

19 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Just seen this... Wow!

If true, it fits right into today's rise in populism and how people have thrown political correctness out of the window. Peope feel free to say what they want now without repercussions and without being made to expand and explain their comments. I can now say these days that the moon is made of cheese in a public environment and it will be accepted by most without questioning.

Whatever happened to privacy and personal matter!? He can believe whatever he wants but I don’ need or care to know. The same is my facebook newsfeed being littered with comments on abortion, leave me out of it! I didn’t ask and I don’t want to know

It is also a dual edge sword my friend, you can say something benign or scandalous and be rossted slive, it just depends on the audience.

• Upvote 2