talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

10 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

:coffee: valverde and his rotation experiments have backfired and have cost Barcelona point. I think jealousy stops you from giving Don Zidane the credit he deserves (dominated Europe while rotating his young squad )

Love this article from Marca:

https://www.marca.com/futbol/barcelona/opinion/2018/09/30/5bafaf64e5fdea5a488b4584.html

He lost two leagues out of three in his tenure due to rotation.  There's the MARCA way to look at it and then there's the real way.  Right now domestically Valverde has already outdone Zidane in one season.

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

El problema de barca ,permítanme el atrevimiento, está en el mediocampo. A quien le diese en el choque ante el Athleticpor contar los balones perdidos, imprecisiones y precipitaciones de los jugadores vestidos de azulgrana acabaría por echar mano a la calculadora.

No es casualidad que el indiscutible éxito del eterno rival en Europa y el cambio de estilo del Barça coincidan con el florecimiento del mejor mediocampo del Real Madrid de los últimos tiempos y la salida de Xavi eIniesta del club azulgrana. El fútbol, dicen los eruditos, es de quienes dominan el centro del campo.

Con Modric como rey de la zona ancha y Casemiro pasando el coche escoba o Kroos con un seguro más fiable que el de Santa Lucía con el balón en los pies, el Madrid ha firmado una etapa histórica. Cierto que ha patinado en Liga, pero no nos engañemos, tres Champions seguidas y cuatro en cinco años permiten tomarse ciertas licencias en casa. Incluso al Madrid.

El Barcelona, en cambio, ha seguido ganando el campeonato nacional, Copas del Rey... pero está lejos del dominio ofrecido no hace tanto tiempo. Olviden trofeos, también resultados. El Barça de hace unos años te dominaba los partidos de principio a fin. Te ahogaba en tu campo, te hacía correr como un demonio detrás del balón. Ahora, pasa por momentos en los que no le importa ser dominado. Pierde balones en pases fáciles, propipicia contragolpes y regala espacios entre líneas.

Messi seguirá siendo Messi hasta que se retire, por fortuna para el Barça. Pero el juego del Barça ya no volverá a ser el mismo. Porque no hay otros dos como Xavi e Iniesta, porque el Barça, cada año que pasa, es menos Barça. La decadencia parece inevitable. Sólo queda reinventarse. Y eso mientras dure Leo.

Marca.com

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE! 

That is pure and unadulterated biased opinion from the MARCA opinion columns.  For those that read or translate that, remember that the Spanish press in all sectors in all regions without exception have this sort of thing encrusted in its make-up. It is Infact a good example of Spanish society and culture pertaining to tunnel vision.

Just the vocabulary used with adjectives to boot is repulsive.

• 2 weeks later...

Barcelona midfielder Arturo Vidal "lacked respect" for his team-mates by complaining on social media about his lack of playing time, says the club's sporting director Pep Segura.

Chilean international Vidal has started only two games for the Catalan giants since his summer move to the Nou Camp from Bayern Munich.

The former Juventus man competing with Sergio Busquets, Ivan Rakitic and Brazilian trio Philippe Coutinho, Arthur and Rafinha for places in a quality-packed Barca midfield.

He recently took his frustration out by posting messages on his Instagram account featuring angry or frustrated emojis.

Segura, speaking to the Catalan daily Sport, said: "A professional has to show respect for his team-mates, for the dressing room and for the coach even if the decisions that are taken are not always the ones he expects.

"Vidal knows he's made a mistake and that he's lacked respect for his teammates. I'm sure he will make amends."

Coach Ernesto Valverde has opted to start Arthur in recent matches, with Vidal not playing at all in Barca's 1-1 draw at Valencia in La Liga on Sunday and appearing for just three minutes against Tottenham in the Champions League last week.

Vidal's frustrations were evident when he spoke to reporters on Tuesday after joining up with the Chilean national team.

"I am somebody who has always fought, been at the best teams in the world, won everything and who wants to continue winning at Barcelona," Vidal said, according to Diario Sport.

"I am fine physically and happy. In the past few games I have been a bit annoyed but that is how it is, we will keep battling. There are a lot of important games ahead and we will see."

So Thomas Vermaelen got injured (what a surprise) playing for Belgium and it seems that Barça have made up their minds to go full on for the signing of Ajax young starlet at the back Matthijs de Ligt before trying for De Jong.

But the primary priority is to extend the contract of Lionel Messi.

MUNDODEPORTIVO_G_3778882-kkdH-U452390769

14 Years Today Messi Made His Debut For Barça

It was Saturday the 20th of October 2004 in a city of Barcelona derby RCD Espanyol v FC Barcelona in Montjuic.

Frank Rijkaard decided in the 82nd minute that this would be the apt moment for not only the football club, but for the world to start a observe a story that would re-write history books in the sport and offer footballdom an otherwordly gift that will forever be remembered.  Deco went off and so started the story of Lionel Messi.

On 28/09/2018 at 13:27, SirBalon said:

The FC Barcelona treasurer Josep Vives during his morning's annual socio meeting presented the finances for last year which have seen FC Barcelona be the first club in history to almost make €1b profits for a financial year.  Without winning the Champions League Barça have managed to create one of the biggest profit margins in the history of sport by making a whopping €960m profit.

I'm definitely not appointing you as my accountant.

2 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

The €960 was revenue, not profit.

Actually you're right! xD

Just went back to the original article and re-read it and indeed it was referring to the record revenue for the club, not profit. :dam:

Maths was never my strong point but here my error isn't mathematical, but letters which is supposedly my punto forte :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Lionel Messi: Barcelona forward set to make early return from injury

3 hours ago | European Football

45159094_10156825337612855_3882377232714

Lionel Messi could return from injury earlier than expected for Barcelona.

The Argentine was expected to be out for three weeks after breaking his arm against Sevilla on 20 October.

But after missing only the Champions League win over Inter Milan and Sunday's El Clasico triumph, Messi took part in light training on Wednesday.

The 31-year-old forward is not in the squad to face Cultural Leonesa in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday night but may face Rayo Vallecano on Saturday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46047235

Edited by CaaC - John

Xavi In an interview with Italian sports daily newspaper 'La Gazzetta dello Sport' he talks about many things present with FC Barcelona but the headline has been his words in reference to Arthur.

"I don't know why people are so scared to compare Arthur to me.  When I watch him play I feel all the moves I used to when playing for Barcelona.  The way he turns and picks his passes feels like he was brought up in La Masia.  He is a great signing for the club and I'm not so sure they even knew he was so perfect"

• Subscriber

Barcelona have reopened talks with the representatives of Chelsea and Brazil winger Willian, 30, after the Blues rejected three offers over the summer. (La Sexta, via Metro)

Arsenal and France centre-back Laurent Koscielny, 33, is a target for Barcelona, as is Chelsea's Brazil defender David Luiz, 31. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Edited by CaaC - John

3 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Barcelona have reopened talks with the representatives of Chelsea and Brazil winger Willian, 30, after the Blues rejected three offers over the summer. (La Sexta, via Metro)

I read about this two days ago but I expect this to be a mere rumour.  I honestly feel that this would be a massive waste of money and a big error.