talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Whatever happened to privacy and personal matter!? He can believe whatever he wants but I don’ need or care to know. The same is my facebook newsfeed being littered with comments on abortion, leave me out of it! I didn’t ask and I don’t want to know

It is also a dual edge sword my friend, you can say something benign or scandalous and be rossted slive, it just depends on the audience.

I agree that it should be kept private and especially off the record if that's what it was. But people have suddenly started to believe that they can spout any rubbish that the rest of us know it's either bullshit, baseless or just simply conditioning and grooming rhetorical doctrine without being challenged on it.

The moment you pump something into the public sphere purposfully be it a comment to the media if you're famous or even for us more mundane people somthing you say amongst family, friends or acquaintances... You should expect to be challenged on it and to make you back up what you say with facts.

55 minutes ago, Cicero said:

De Jong is replacing Busquets right? Not Rakitic? 

In the long run yes. But until then he'll be playing beside him to learn even more. I can see Aleñá playing even more next season.

32 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

In the long run yes. But until then he'll be playing beside him to learn even more. I can see Aleñá playing even more next season.

Who will be giving up minutes for Alena?

20 minutes ago, Spike said:

Who will be giving up minutes for Alena?

All of them. He's special because he's excellent in every midfield position and has a natural sense to attack. Slowly slowly like that what happened with both Iniesta and Xavi he'll win his first team place.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

All of them. He's special because he's excellent in every midfield position and has a natural sense to attack. Slowly slowly like that what happened with both Iniesta and Xavi he'll win his first team place.

That sucks for Arthur and de Jong

38 minutes ago, Spike said:

That sucks for Arthur and de Jong

With the amount of games Barcelona play a season there's more than enough minutes for all. But Busquets has already publicly stated that he will not be renewing his contract when it ends and will retire early which means De Jong (if everything goes well for him) will slot into his natiral position.

7 hours ago, José said:

What about O. Busquets? 

Ludovit is a very good player but he's only 18 and should've stayed at Groningen where he apparently played 29 games for them this season and he currently plays for the U-19s with the Netherlands.

Now here's the problem that FIFA have caused with their strict rule on signing young players (the rule Barcelona were punished for some years back for breaking and suspended from transfer windows)... Instead of bringing these kids in when they're young, tutoring them and bringing them up with a home football ethos which then applies itself within the home ranks, what they've done is that clubs like Barcelona (there are many many more in Europe) with a massive web of scouts around the world will then wait until they're of the legal age to sign under FIFA rules. This breaks their professional playing career as they will slip right into the youth categories when they were already playing professional football like in this case with Ludovic Reis who plays for FC Groningen in the Eredivisie. Ludovic knows 100% he will be playing for Barcelona 'B' and yet he's willing to do this!

It's the same as what I said about Venezuela's young wonder keeper Wuliker Fariñez the other day on this forum where I stated he would be mad at his age to sign for Barcelona just to get that on his cv when he is already established and even an international... He's young and he will surely be signed by another European club to be a first team keeper and not an understudy like in this case he would be to Marc-André ter Stegen.

That FIFA rule has made things worse for these players and the clubs that have nurtured them and all because of some rogue clubs in Europe that have brought very young kids and when not good enough, they then dump them on the streets... The culprits being nearly all French clubs with kids from African nations.

Crisis talks at Barcelona today after the defeat to Valencia in the Copa del Rey Final by 1-2 in Seville.

Last night directly after the final club president Bartomeu told Canal+ Spain that there are going to be big changes in reference to the squad but again defended the coach (Ernesto Valverde) when pressed by stating; “Finals can be lost and nobody has a divine right to win. What happened had nothing to do with the coach. The team were very limited up front with those that couldn’t play and the ‘B’ team couldn’t have anyone brought in due to an important tie they themselves had to play.” 

14 minutes ago, José said:

Totally disagree. I believe Martinez would finally take them to the CL final and end the drought. 

I like Martinez and his teams can be good to watch, but i'm not sure that he's the right man for Barcelona at all.

If the appointment happens though mate, then I hope you prove me wrong.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

3 minutes ago, José said:

Who would you prefer Valverde or Martinez? 

Is neither an option? :ph34r:

To be fair, i feel for Valverde, as enjoy his football or not, he didn't get anything wrong this season at all until the Liverpool game and it was the same last season before the game against Roma. 2 big fuck ups have defined the man, when in fact, his team was one of the most consistent Barcelona's I've seen, if not the most consistent. The football has just been very dull the majority of the time and he doesn't seem made for the Champions League, which is why I wouldn't be against the idea of him moving on. Good manager though.

Neymar rumours floating around and this time they've been really strong. 

Apparently, Messi wants Neymar back. 

If I made the calls at Barça, I'd push for this move. Neymar is a true generational player and there's no doubt he'd give a lot to the club. Barcelona have to make the most of Messi's peak and Neymar helps it. The fanbase wouldn't like it at first, but you must do what is best for the club not what the fans want.

• Upvote 1