talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

13 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

@SirBalon @The Rebel CRS, do you ever think the wee man will contemplate in leaving Barca?

Quote.thumb.png.f0b7846d0fa7caa9334283a4c47f7160.png

Lionel Messi will be allowed to leave Barcelona on a free transfer next summer, should the 32-year-old Argentina forward desire, owing to a clause in his contract. (El Pais, via L'Equipe)

Messi will be allowed to negotiate his future with any club from 1 January. (Marca - in Spanish)

He probably will wanna earn some money for once before retiring. I think he should join a new club.

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s football. Messi owes Barsa nothing. He’s repayed them several times over with numerous league, cup and European victories. He’s led them through one of the finest periods in their history. The money he has generated for that club over the past 15 years far outweighs a few medical bills from his youth. They paid him and his family due to his talent and potential, not out of the goodness of their hearts.

More sentimental value. Barca were the only club on the planet IIRC that were willing to take on the risk to pay for his medical treatment and provide food and housing for his family. He was diagnosed with something that would of genuinely left him useless as a person, without treatment. Every club fucked him off except Barca. 

33 minutes ago, Cicero said:

More sentimental value. Barca were the only club on the planet IIRC that were willing to take on the risk to pay for his medical treatment and provide food and housing for his family. He was diagnosed with something that would of genuinely left him useless as a person, without treatment. Every club fucked him off except Barca. 

Those bills would have been an absolute drop in the ocean (even back then) for a club of Barsa’s size. They took a calculated financial gamble with pretty much zero risk that paid off. Again, he’s more than repayed them. That’s why I think he owes them nothing.

• Like 1

La ardilla gigante blaugrana, el homenaje al Barça de la madre naturaleza

FC Barcelona La ardilla malabar, con su color azulgrana, ha causado sensación

• Redacción MARCA Buzz
    • Compartir en Facebook
    • Compartir en Twitter
    • Enviar por email
  • 09/09/2019 07:12 CEST
FC Barcelona: La ardilla malabar o ardilla gigante india es azulgrana... FC Barcelona: La ardilla malabar o ardilla gigante india es azulgrana (blaugrana) Instagram (@kaushik_photographs)

El fotógrafo KaushiK Vijayan ha convertido en mundialmente conocidas a las ardillas gigantes azulgranas, que podrían ser perfectamente un homenaje de la madre naturaleza al blaugrana F.C. Barcelona.

La ardilla malabar o ardilla gigante india puede llegar a medir hasta más de medio metro y pueden encontrarse en las selvas de la India.

https://www.marca.com/buzz/2019/09/06/5d721187e2704e766e8b45e2.html

This is class @nudge, @SirBalon

It's found in the rainforests in India.

• Upvote 1

The defense is another story. While Neto, Samuel Umtiti, and Junior Firpo have missed time due to injury, they are not considered starters. The starters have all been fine, at least physically. They just have not been up to it as much. Conceding two goals each of the last three games is rough going, and it’s even a little surprising they have gotten as much as 7 points out of it. This simply cannot continue if the team wants silverware this season.

https://www.barcablaugranes.com/2019/9/16/20868616/barcelona-thrill-in-attack-even-without-messi-but-the-defense-is-very-weak

• 3 weeks later...

I read a report that Barcelona still want Willian in January? Surely rubbish? Messi, Suárez, Dembélé, Griezmann, Carles Pérez, Ansu Fati.. Thst is a ridiculous amount of attacking talent. In fact I'd say Barcelona have as strong a group of players all over the park as anyone and the only real things holding this group back is a coach who can be rather ordinary and injuries. The only player I'd say was needed though is a left back to fill in for Alba. This is why Cucurella shouldn't have been loaned out. It would have been a perfect opportunity for him right now. Semedo could then be moved back to his strongest position at right back, where he is clearly far more comfortable. 

Strong squad though, I genuinley wouldn't swap it for any other in Europe overall and don't regard the personnel as being a problem. @SirBalon

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I read a report that Barcelona still want Willian in January? Surely rubbish? Messi, Suárez, Dembélé, Griezmann, Carles Pérez, Ansu Fati.. Thst is a ridiculous amount of attacking talent. In fact I'd say Barcelona have as strong a group of players all over the park as anyone and the only real things holding this group back is a coach who can be rather ordinary and injuries. The only player I'd say was needed though is a left back to fill in for Alba. This is why Cucurella shouldn't have been loaned out. It would have been a perfect opportunity for him right now. Semedo could then be moved back to his strongest position at right back, where he is clearly far more comfortable. 

Strong squad though, I genuinley wouldn't swap it for any other in Europe overall and don't regard the personnel as being a problem. @SirBalon

Completely agree with all of that.

That Barcelona squad for me is also the best out there and should be the most balanced aside from back-up for Jordi Alba which there isn't. I mean, at the start of the season Valverde had Messi, Suárez and Dembélé out injured and he still managed to put out a competitive front line in the shape of Griezmann, Ansu Fati and Carles Pérez. Not many have the option to do that!

At what club would Ivan Rakitić have a problem to get into the first team?

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Completely agree with all of that.

That Barcelona squad for me is also the best out there and should be the most balanced aside from back-up for Jordi Alba which there isn't. I mean, at the start of the season Valverde had Messi, Suárez and Dembélé out injured and he still managed to put out a competitive front line in the shape of Griezmann, Ansu Fati and Carles Pérez. Not many have the option to do that!

I mean, at what club would Ivan Rakitić have a problem to get into the first team?

Or bring on Arturo Vidal when you need to shape up a midfield. 

25 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Or bring on Arturo Vidal when you need to shape up a midfield. 

I think Arturo Vidal is harshly thought of by the Barcelona fans in general but I do also join them in the sentiments that I don't exactly know what he brings to the team. At the same time I also know that the team look a lot more active when he runs onto the field.... But I do also feel the whole situation can sometimes be erratic. I'm genuinely confused with Arturo but it's another piece of proof as to how dense and quality-populated the Barcelona squad is.

• 4 weeks later...

Barcelona's players offered to accept delays to their pay if it would help the club re-sign forward Neymar in the summer, says defender Gerard Pique.

Barcelona did "everything possible" to sign the Brazil international but a move did not materialise.

Neymar left Barcelona for Paris St-Germain for a world record fee of 222m euros (£200m) in 2017.

Pique said players told the club they would accept delays to pay to help the club meet Financial Fair Play rules.

"We were ready to adjust our contracts," Pique told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser.

"We weren't going to contribute money, but we were going to make things easier by allowing some payments to be made in the second or third year instead of the first."

Barcelona spent more than £200m in the summer, including deals for midfielder Frenkie de Jong from Ajax and Antoine Griezmann from Atletico Madrid.

Financial Fair Play rules, which prevent clubs from spending beyond their means, were understood to be one of the issues Barcelona would have had to have overcome to sign forward Neymar.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50247554

Imagine fawning over someone that much. Embarrassing to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Lionel Messi equals Cristiano Ronaldo hat-trick record

UEFA.COM

Messi's hat-tricks by numbers

Competition Hat-tricks First hat-trick Most recent hat-trick
UEFA Champions League 8 4 April 2010 v Arsenal 18 September 2018 v PSV
Spanish Liga 34 10 March 2007 v Real Madrid 9 November 2019 v Celta Vigo
Copa del Rey 3 6 January 2009 v Atlético 3 February 2016 v Valencia
Spanish Super Cup 1 21 August 2010 v Sevilla 21 August 2010 v Sevilla

Argentina

6 29 February 2012 v Switzerland 29 May 2018 v Haiti
TOTAL 52 10 March 2007 v Real Madrid 17 March 2019 v Betis

How do those numbers compare to his contemporaries'?

Player Clubs and country Career hat-tricks
Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus, Portugal  54
Luis Suárez Ajax, Liverpool, Barcelona, Uruguay  29
Robert Lewandowski Borussia Dortmund, Bayern München, Poland  19
Sergio Agüero Atlético Madrid, Manchester City, Argentina  17
Edinson Cavani Napoli, Paris, Uruguay  15

• Of Ronaldo's 54 career hat-tricks, eight have been in the UEFA Champions League (seven for Real Madrid, one for Juventus) – with four of those in the knockout stage.

Edited by CaaC (John)

Although some of the cules here want to sugarcoat it, the cuntish attitude that's a trademark of Guardiola was completely unnecessary from messi and the rest...

"He waited for me after the match, which I take as the ultimate award. To hear such praise from such a good goalkeeper, I had goosebumps. It was an amazing experience, but some of the other players.

"Messi and the others just left—some of them didn't even shake our hands. It was sad. We were all looking forward to meeting these big players, we wanted to swap jerseys after the match, but they didn't behave very well."

P.s. what's the only player to have his Jersey requested from messi himself?? A RM and CL legend, zidane 😭 

Barcelona director says Ronald Koeman 'fits criteria' to be club's future manager

With doubts surrounding Valverde’s longterm future at the Nou Camp, it was recently revealed that current Holland boss and ex-Barcelona defender Ronald Koeman has a clause which could allow him to become the club’s next manager.

“I can safely say that I will not leave my position as coach [of the Dutch national team] for any club [before Euro 2020],” he told Fox Sports Netherlands .

“[The clause] is only relevant to Barcelona and it only comes into play after the European Championships. I am not leaving now, that is 100% certain.”

Koeman’s comments have sparked speculation over whether he will be given the Barcelona job next season and the club’s sporting director Eric Abidal has suggested the appointment could be on the cards.

“[Koeman] meets the criteria [to coach the club], but I have not spoken with anyone [about the job] because I have a lot of respect for Ernesto.”

Koeman has taken a lot of criticism in the last 3 games as they have laboured to victories and put in a poor display against Northern Ireland which some people are not happy with him as coach due to not playing the talented youth players.  As well as getting a lot of praise for qualifying for the European cup, I think he continues with the strange selection process he has and leaving players like Stengs and Boadu out, people will not be sad to see him go. 

Edited by Panna King