• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Iceland & Panama

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Iceland to get out of their group. Panama to be beaten three times. Smacked by Belgium, comfortably by England and Tunisia.

we'll make hard work of it no doubt xD

Iceland to ‘disappoint’. I say disappoint like that because you’ll get some people, journalists included, who’ll lazily back Iceland to do well because they beat England in Euro 2016. They’re in a group with Argentina, who should be beating them without much trouble, Croatia, who on paper have a better squad than Iceland and Nigeria, who have a handful of players who could cause Iceland problems. 

As for Panama, I’d be quite shocked to see them pick up a point in the group games and I expect them to go home pretty quickly. 

13 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Iceland to ‘disappoint’. I say disappoint like that because you’ll get some people, journalists included, who’ll lazily back Iceland to do well because they beat England in Euro 2016. They’re in a group with Argentina, who should be beating them without much trouble, Croatia, who on paper have a better squad than Iceland and Nigeria, who have a handful of players who could cause Iceland problems. 

As for Panama, I’d be quite shocked to see them pick up a point in the group games and I expect them to go home pretty quickly. 

Agree with you on Nigeria and Argentina but Iceland defeated Croatia in the qualifiers and finished above then them.

Besides Croatia has been average for a while now

4 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Agree with you on Nigeria and Argentina but Iceland defeated Croatia in the qualifiers and finished above then them.

Besides Croatia has been average for a while now

Smiley Culture said Croatia is better on paper, which I agree with.

However, I can't say the same on the pitch. We played Croatia and Iceland last March and Croatia were bang average. Iceland were a limited side but at least they played like a unit. Also as you said, Iceland finished above Croatia in qualifying.

Archived