Bradford vs Walsall, 19.45
Doncaster vs AFC Wimbledon, 19.45
Scunthorpe vs Plymouth, 19.45

League Two
Chesterfield vs Newport, 19.45

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good thing for Fulham is they go first so they can apply the pressure. It's out of their hands but all they can do is win this and the next and give themselves a chance.

Obviously people will be expecting nothing short of a Fulham win and rightly so. You can't be tripping up to a team like Sunderland if you have promotion aspirations.

People are assuming Cardiff will not win both their games left but if they win at Hull tomorrow I think they would be nailed on favourites.

You have to remember tgis Cardiff side have won a lot of games they had no right to, by hook or by crook. There's no reason to suggest they don't win tomorrow. Really deoebds how motivated Hull are.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

No more fuck ups allowed now. We have to win or else we are in the play offs.

We can also get promoted this weekend if we win and Fulham lose, but I have more chance of getting with @Cannabis's missus than Sunderland getting anything from the match.

Tough game away at Charlton and Mowbray has said he won't risk certain players who have been carrying knocks as he wants them fit to have a full pre-season ahead of next season in the Championship. I don't think there will be huge changes as everyone wants to push Wigan as much as possible in terms of winning the league but they have by far the easier fixtures and current advantage so it should be a formality for them. I wouldn't want to be playing Charlton in the play offs if they secure a place as they are in form and playing with momentum/confidence. 

42 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Have to say it's a big question mark over Rafa's ability as a manager that be couldn't get the best out of Mitrovic.

He didn't play him so how do we know he couldn't xD

I remember when we beat QPR 6-0 at Loftus road, should have been at least 10. Mitro and Perez were superb. 3 days later Mitro was back on the bench and didn't start a game for at least another month. 

2nd half of the season Mitro was injured when Gayle got injured. Daryl Murphy played and was superb, Mitro was never going to get back in ahead of him.

With one away win all season, Parkinson has to go to Burton and somehow double that pathetic tally. A draw is... alright, as long as Barnsley lose. A loss will send us down. 

Granted, Burton are awful at home, but I'm praying for attacking, positive football, similar to the second half against Barnsley. Defensive shite from the off will see us come unstuck.

But then, negativity is pretty much all Dull Phil knows. Prepare yourselves for a truly miserable post this evening.

Full Time - 2-0 to us.

Got the win we needed and it goes to the final game of the season. I haven't heard a huge amount of the match but Gunners apparently had a nasty injury and could be out of the world cup, while Grujic replaces him, gets booked, gets a warning on top of that and gets subbed for Bryson.

Really not surprised we lost today although it was a harsh result, second half we were dominant. We made lots of changes as Mowbray didn't want to risk any players carrying knocks so they can be fully fit for pre-season. The right choice but frustrating as Wigan dropped points to Wimbledon. They will be champions now and just need a point in their last game even if we win. Dack, Raya, Bennett and Williams not involved at all and Graham on the bench. Still a very strong side as the second half showed, but we can't win them all. Promotion party next weekend at Ewood, can't wait!!

7 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

Defensive shite from the off will see us come unstuck.

Utterly predictable.

A spineless chancer in charge of losers who simply don't care. 

One point gained in six weeks is abysmal and we deserve to go down. I'm furious, disconsolate, embarrassed - and yet equally, there's a complete sense of inevitability about it. The poor bastard commentating on local radio must recite 'Beevers hits it long... to nobody' in his sleep - the tactics are so one dimensional, the players are so apathetic. I genuinely don't know what has happened in the dressing room since Villa, but nobody representing that club is fit to do so.

Exhibit A:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tricki_D/status/990249029106786304?s=19

Nobody fucking cares. Ship them all off and rebuild with a core of kids - who, by the way, are top of their league this year. And yet, not one has got a look in.

Well that's the play offs done, been a good end of season run but I did think we'd left it too late. As I've said before, our first two months fucked things up for us, had we of picked up just two more wins in that period we'd be in the play offs right now, let alone starting with a decent run of form.

One game of the season left and then the magic of pre-season to come, hopefully next next season is a more consistent one.

• Subscriber

I still think Fulham will get 2nd. There would be nothing more typical of the Championship for Cardiff, needing a win at home to a horrifically out of form Reading side, who co-incidentally ended Fulham's promotion hopes last year, to blow it spectacularly.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

I still think Fulham will get 2nd. There would be nothing more typical of the Championship for Cardiff, needing a win at home to a horrifically out of form Reading side, who co-incidentally ended Fulham's promotion hopes last year, to blow it spectacularly.

I've said that to my mate as well. Simply put, we do not deserve promotion if we don't be Reading, especially as Reading could still be relegated as well (same with Birmingham).

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I've said that to my mate as well. Simply put, we do not deserve promotion if we don't be Reading, especially as Reading could still be relegated as well (same with Birmingham).

They could but it would take an amazing swing of results for Reading to drop, including one which means Fulham would drop points.

I don't see Cardiff slipping up knowing one win get's them there. Not now. I just don't know how this happened... xD

Waiting to inevitably see Fulham gate crash out the playoffs so they are back here next season which would be awful. Then again, you can see the vulture's circling if they don't do it and I can't see them getting Mitrovic back again should that be the case.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived