Man City 1-2 Liverpool
Everton 0-0 Liverpool

Stoke 1-1 Burnley
West Ham 1-1 Stoke
Stoke 1-2 Tottenham
Arsenal 3-0 Stoke
Stoke 1-2 Everton

Match Info
Stoke have not won a game since January 20th, against Huddersfield 2-0. 
Liverpool won the reverse fixture 3-0; Mane scoring once and Salah grabbing a brace
Liverpool have scored 2 or more goal in 7 of their last 10 games
Klopp could rest a few senior players in preparation for the 2nd leg against Roma in the CL Semi-Finals
Stoke need to win to have any chance of survival and putting pressure on teams above them. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see how we line up here. Could do with a win to take the pressure off the Chelsea game, although it's not necessarily a must win at this stage, certainly must not lose though. Don't see there being wholesale changes (we don't have much choice!) so should be enough to take 3 points

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Interesting to see how we line up here. Could do with a win to take the pressure off the Chelsea game, although it's not necessarily a must win at this stage, certainly must not lose though. Don't see there being wholesale changes (we don't have much choice!) so should be enough to take 3 points

Bound to rest at least 1 of the front 3 surely though? And maybe Van Dijk/TAA/Robertson? 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Bound to rest at least 1 of the front 3 surely though? And maybe Van Dijk/TAA/Robertson? 

There's a doubt over Mane I think so he may not play. Wouldn't be surprised if Robertson is rested, doubt Van Dijk will be though

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You'd have thought with their team on the verge of a Champions League final the crowd would show a bit more appreciation of their side.

You know as well as I do the Anfield crowd is horrific 90% of the time - only really Champions League games where it gets going

Everytime the Anfield crowd is quiet you hear the commentators say "I've never heard the crowd so quiet before at Anfield" when in reality it happens as often as it does in any other ground. I guess the myth has to be kept alive. xD

Really want to see Stoke go down but they've been value for a point so far, Liverpool look impotent when they drop any of their front three. 

This is a pretty terrible result for Liverpool, it virtually guarantees Spurs will get 3rd and even though they should see out Chelsea, it means they'll have to play a decent lineup against Brighton, potentially before the CL final, just to guarantee 4th. Add on that 4th means they have to qualify next season.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The referee has had a nightmare in general today

I wouldn't go that far but he's been pretty poor. Needed help from his linesman on that handball, definite penalty 

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Really want to see Stoke go down but they've been value for a point so far, Liverpool look impotent when they drop any of their front three. 

Yes but I think there's more to it than just that. Even those who have started today have just been going through the motions really because it's impossible to play at full throttle like we do when you have three games (two huge ones) in the space of a week.

• The title was changed to Saturday 28th April - Liverpool 0-0 Stoke
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived