talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Saturday 28th April - Liverpool 0-0 Stoke

football forum

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

I wouldn't go that far but he's been pretty poor. Needed help from his linesman on that handball, definite penalty 

He's just got so much wrong. Besides the penalty incident there was so many of the smaller decisions he got wrong too

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You finished 4th last season, I'd say 4th again is pretty disappointing given how much you've supposedly improved. 

4th together with the run we've had in Europe is good progress for me. Securing a place in next seasons competition while playing in it is something we needed to get back used to doing. The two previous times we'd qualified for it we had no European football whatsoever.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You finished 4th last season, I'd say 4th again is pretty disappointing given how much you've supposedly improved. 

You should get a girlfriend or learn about drugs and/or alcohol.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

4th together with the run we've had in Europe is good progress for me. Securing a place in next seasons competition while playing in it is something we needed to get back used to doing. The two previous times we'd qualified for it we had no European football whatsoever.

I'm fairly confident Carra fucked his mum or something.

7 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Some wirral, stream watcher angry because I'm correctly pointing out that Liverpool haven't progressed as much as people make out. Why?

Do we only focus on what's happened in the league then?

13 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Some wirral, stream watcher angry because I'm correctly pointing out that Liverpool haven't progressed as much as people make out. Why?

Idk but thank fuck I'm not some sad bastard from Yorkshire who now thinks he's the prince of Liverpool, for some fucking reason.

So do we ignore the cup run or not? Or the stats in the league from this season?

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Idk but thank fuck I'm not some sad bastard from Yorkshire who now thinks he's the prince of Liverpool, for some fucking reason.

So do we ignore the cup run or not? Or the stats in the league from this season?

You were the one who inexplicably started trying to personally insult me, sorry if the truth hurts you.

All because I said that Liverpool are facing the same problems as before and considering how much of a lead you had over the rest I'd say it's bit disappointing to throw that away against West Brom and Stoke. Of course it would be great for Liverpool and would rightfully take over any other competition if you won it.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You were the one who inexplicably started trying to personally insult me, sorry if the truth hurts you.

All because I said that Liverpool are facing the same problems as before and considering how much of a lead you had over the rest I'd say it's bit disappointing to throw that away against West Brom and Stoke. Of course it would be great for Liverpool and would rightfully take over any other competition if you won it.

I'm not hurt by the fact I'm from across the Mersey and I have to occasionally pull up a fucking stream so I can watch the match. Are you???? If so, lol why.

No shit a win is obviously better. But how many fit midfielders do we have for our midfield 3? How many fit centrebacks do we have? Do we have a bigger match midweek? The object here seemed to be get through the match without anyone getting hurt.

Some realism should be expected here. 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm not hurt by the fact I'm from across the Mersey and I have to occasionally pull up a fucking stream so I can watch the match. Are you???? If so, lol why.

No shit a win is obviously better. But how many fit midfielders do we have for our midfield 3? How many fit centrebacks do we have? Do we have a bigger match midweek? The object here seemed to be get through the match without anyone getting hurt.

Some realism should be expected here. 

Nothing wrong with either to be honest, but I was responding in kind. 

14 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Nothing wrong with either to be honest, but I was responding in kind. 

Yeah looking back what I said was a bit uncalled for tbf, so sorry about that. Thought you were gonna repeat that shite from the Roma thread.

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

No worries. I was a bit of a bellend in that thread so can't blame you.

Happens to the best of us to be fair.

I'm also fairly certain that I haven't been able to stop clenching my arsehole since the first Roma goal on Tuesday, so maybe that's affecting my mood and making me a bit touchy re:LFC xD

• The title was changed to Saturday 28th April - Liverpool 0-0 Stoke
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I have just read that Salah has missed 21 clear cut chances this season... If that's even close to the truth can you imagine what he might be on if he had converted even half of those... 

He missed quite a lot early on in the season yeah. Was gobsmacked he missed that one in the first half though. Genuinely thought it had gone in and bounced straight back out!xD

• The topic was unpinned
10 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Agreed. I think we showed at our best that we'd be worthy of second place. But dropping points to the bottom two this past fortnight has shown the area we still need to improve add a reminder that we haven't come as far as we think. I think it's shown we miss Coutinho and his tidy passing that can unlock teams who defend deep. 

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Agreed. I think we showed at our best that we'd be worthy of second place. But dropping points to the bottom two this past fortnight has shown the area we still need to improve add a reminder that we haven't come as far as we think. I think it's shown we miss Coutinho and his tidy passing that can unlock teams who defend deep. 

Again, are we just ignoring that we are in a European Cup semi final too with a great chance of reaching the final? There's little difference between 2nd-4th, they all go straight into the group stages. If you just want to talk about league though, we have more points, more goals scored, less conceded and less defeats than at this stage last season

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Again, are we just ignoring that we are in a European Cup semi final too with a great chance of reaching the final? There's little difference between 2nd-4th, they all go straight into the group stages. If you just want to talk about league though, we have more points, more goals scored, less conceded and less defeats than at this stage last season

We are always able to compete in the cup competitions though. The prize we want most is the league title and what we've lacked in this area is pedigree and the things that come with it like having the knack to grind out wins against the bus parking lower teams.  against the top 6 we can fare excellently but we need a plan b and c or an absolutely flawless plan a.

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

We are always able to compete in the cup competitions though. The prize we want most is the league title and what we've lacked in this area is pedigree and the things that come with it like having the knack to grind out wins against the bus parking lower teams.  against the top 6 we can fare excellently but we need a plan b and c or an absolutely flawless plan a.

Not always. We were shocking in Europe for years until Klopp came in. The years between Benitez and Klopp were an embarrassment in terms of Europe for us really. I go back to a point I made in a previous post and that the most difficult thing for us was qualifying for the competition again while having a good go in it too. When we qualified for it in 2014 and last season, a major factor was the fact we didn't have any European football. Klopp has done magnificently to get us to at least a semi final while almost being there for top four again. We got used to doing this under Benitez and Klopp is starting to do the same. 

I don't think it's about having a plan B as such, the strength in depth just isn't there at the moment. Liverpool at full throttle hammer Stoke yesterday. As it was, we weren't able to make as many changes as we'd have liked and you saw Salah, Firmino and others not getting out of second gear because they're saving themselves for mid-week. Rightly so too. We need stronger alternatives to the front three because Danny Ings for all his effort is far from being good enough, he's a lower mid table player at best.

The league title, as you say, is what we all want but that was never realistic this season and may not be next either. To suggest we've not improved or this is a disappointing season though, I just find that absurd. If the worst case scenario happens and we finish 5th and don't win the European Cup and therefore don't qualify for next seasons Champions League then far enough, be negative. At this stage though I can't see any reason for any negativity and I can be the most negative person on here when it comes to LFC!

Archived