Man Utd 2-0 Swansea
Swansea 0-3 Tottenham

Chelsea 2-0 Southampton
Burnley 1-2 Chelsea
Southampton 2-3 Chelsea
Chelsea 1-1 West Ham
Chelsea 1-3 Tottenham

Match Info
The reverse fixture was won by Chelsea 1-0, with Antonio Rudiger getting the only goal
Swansea's last win in any competition was at the start of March against West Ham
A Swansea could mean by the end of the weekend they are 6 points clear of the relegation zone
A Chelsea victory, meanwhile, could put more pressure on Tottenham for 4th place

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As mentioned previously, need to treat each game as a final. Rotate Cahill against the tough physical strikers and Christensen in games we are likely to dominate. 

Giroud

Hazard---------Willian

Emerson----Bakayoko---Kante---Moses

Rudiger---Christensen---Dave

Courtois 

10 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I like that team, we will probably start like that. We have one game a week, we don't need heavy rotation. Just hope we don't start Cesc this season again he is terrible and useless.

Needs to be the first to go in the summer. The first. 

Even his passing range can't overshadow how pitiful he is off the ball. I swear my two year old runs faster than him 

The image of KDB ghosting past him to score against us at the Bridge, and that a 34 year old Iniesta ran circles around him at the bridge. 

Sorry, no more. Just no more. 

He was excellent in his first season, one of the best performers in the title winning season. Perhaps this is the wrong formation for him, but with no pace no strenght on the ball he just can't play in the position he does. An occasional good long ball doesn't earn him a start and he is on seriously high wages. Also he is 31 in May so we should really look to ship him, but i fear he could stay for the next season as well.

Could have been punished on another occasion and I'm pretty sure one of those chances Swansea had second half goes in a couple of months back. Positive subs from Conte which was good to see but again too late. Some good defending from us today, blocks, one on ones etc and Emerson so far isn't letting crosses in like Alonso does who normally gives opposition players a free pass in that regard. Some of the good defending was perhaps last ditch though and this type of defending perhaps happened too much for my liking, against a team we shouldn't be gifting these opportunities to and who we should be finishing off a lot sooner. The game as it went on was a lot more closely contested than it needed to be and this is solely down to Conte. Very happy with the win, it's all about results at this stage of the season and we need to keep building on the momentum and confidence. However, it was a game, performance, and tactical approach we've seen a lot from us this season and in most cases this season it's been punished. I have to be a cynical here I'm afraid. Quite funny to see some our attacking players calling for the high press today, only for them to look behind and see miles between them and the other players, don't know if anyone noticed that today.

Play Cesc every game and this is what you get, poor form. Didn't do much today apart from the well taken goal, he's playing poorly but is being mis-managed and you have to give him the right conditions to succeed. He was class last season as well and we shouldn't get rid although we still need a technical midfielder in there. 

• The title was changed to Saturday 28th April - Swansea 0-1 Chelsea
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived