talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will miss the World Cup 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is shit for him as it's his best season in a long time... if not his best ever. And he was doing really well for us as well. But he looked in line for a pretty big role for England this world cup in the position he actually wants to play.

21 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think this is shit for him as it's his best season in a long time... if not his best ever. And he was doing really well for us as well. But he looked in line for a pretty big role for England this world cup in the position he actually wants to play.

IMHO he would have been the most important player in England's midfield. In watching the sport, I have discovered their are two types of creation in the midfield' 'carriers' and 'passers'. One through, physicality and dribbling creates chances for his team, the other passes the ball. The former means players like Yaya Toure, Andre Gomes, Blaise Matuidi, Arturo Vidal, Michael Essien, and Bastian Schweinsteiger. This is what Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain is and since England do not have a midfield playmaker, they needed him for creativity.

I think England's best chance for success is a narrow 4-1-2-1-2. With Dier at DM, Oxlade and Hendo as the two CMs and Alli as the attacking mid/second striker, Sterling as a 'looser foward' and Kane playing centrally. When the team needed width, Sterling would push out left and Ox out right. Vardy would be played if the battle of possession is expected to be lost. I would win England the fucking WC mate.

• Subscriber

Think the guy just has the worst luck in the world and I feel sorry for him. He had his head up, great attitude and worked his arse off to become what he did for us. When he came over people were wondering why we were so interested in him but the system suits him and the way he plays. Direct and always willing to make a run or put a shift in.

I will always remember the way he shielded Countinho when the journalist kept asking about his exit and how he then went on to say that the guy was a professional and was giving his all. You don't say or do things like that if you're not a team player.

31 minutes ago, Spike said:

IMHO he would have been the most important player in England's midfield. In watching the sport, I have discovered their are two types of creation in the midfield' 'carriers' and 'passers'. One through, physicality and dribbling creates chances for his team, the other passes the ball. The former means players like Yaya Toure, Andre Gomes, Blaise Matuidi, Arturo Vidal, Michael Essien, and Bastian Schweinsteiger. This is what Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain is and since England do not have a midfield playmaker, they needed him for creativity.

I think England's best chance for success is a narrow 4-1-2-1-2. With Dier at DM, Oxlade and Hendo as the two CMs and Alli as the attacking mid/second striker, Sterling as a 'looser foward' and Kane playing centrally. When the team needed width, Sterling would push out left and Ox out right. Vardy would be played if the battle of possession is expected to be lost. I would win England the fucking WC mate.

I back you as the national team manager. #SpikeIn

On 05/05/2018 at 16:29, Spike said:

I think we need to flexible depending on the opposition. For example, I wouldn't play Dier against Tunisia or Panama unless it's as a center back because having him as a holding midfielder sends out an extremely negative message.

7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think we need to flexible depending on the opposition. For example, I wouldn't play Dier against Tunisia or Panama unless it's as a center back because having him as a holding midfielder sends out an extremely negative message.

I disagree. With a holding player, a team can commit more players in attacking positions. Nobody complains when Barcelona play Busquets! 

Archived