football forum

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.32c1e07d9062ebcbc77513e2e6362efe.png

Steven Gerrard: Rangers manager confirms he's set to sign a new deal

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has confirmed he is set to sign a new contract, with extended stays for Allan McGregor, Steven Davis and Jermain Defoe also "imminent".

Former Liverpool captain Gerrard took charge in May 2018 on a four-year deal.

His team, beaten 1-0 by Celtic in Sunday's Scottish League Cup final, can reach the Europa League 32 with a point against Young Boys on Thursday.

"It was a pretty simple decision," Gerrard said. "I'm happy here."

FULL REPORT

• 4 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

'Save'...

Fuck off.

I think a better idea would be including Scottish sides into one of our 2 domestic cups, personally.

That way you preserve the Scottishness of the Scottish league - because combining two leagues that have existed for a long time is probably the first step in going towards a Super League - that I think nobody except for greedy TV execs and billionaires owning big clubs might want. But we also get to come up against Scottish sides.

Maybe like a club home nations cup tournament? Idk, it'd be cool to face other British (and Irish) sides than just the English (and Welsh) sides that are in our football league. Irish and Welsh sides would get fucking destroyed routinely though.

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

'Save'...

Fuck off.

Cor I bet a team like Plymouth can't wait to travel up to Inverness when Sky choose to show it on a Friday night xD

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

In the Australian A league it's pretty common for Perth to play Sydney.

That's around 4 times the distance from South England to Northern Scotland.

A League clubs are centrally owned, EFL clubs are not 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.db21c96363e25c366818d97ad64cc416.png

Steven Gerrard last night conceded Rangers can't afford any more slip-ups if they want to win the title this season after they were held to a 0-0 draw by Aberdeen at Ibrox. (Herald)

"This squad has tested me at times, that's for sure. On the pitch and off it. But that's life and it's what I'm learning about pretty quickly." Rangers manager Steven Gerrard admits he's still learning on the job - and wouldn't swap his stint at Ibrox for anything. (Sunday Mail)

• 1 year later...
On 04/05/2018 at 12:36, Smiley Culture said:

It’s going to be a disaster. 

Rangers are so far behind Celtic, it’s astonishing. They don’t have the spending power to compete in the short-term and probably have to hope they have some good kids coming through but is that good enough to appease the fans disappointment at being so far behind Celtic and will the board open their wallets or, probably more importantly, be at the club in a year’s time?

I think this is probably the worst place Gerrard could go, tbh. He’d have been better off going to somewhere like Fleetwood Town IMO, where the club is far more stable and expectations aren’t unrealistic. 

lmao

6 minutes ago, Rab said:

lmao

Celtic have won six trophies since that post. Rangers, one. 

You need to get a life if you’re trawling through three year old posts. At the time of posting, all of that was true, too, so a bit weird to publicly attempt to mock someone from a senior figure on here all while we do our bit as a forum to break stigmas but hey, if it makes you feel like a big boy, good on ya mate. 

Just now, UNORTHODOX said:

Just take the L like a good boy 

Aye, Rangers were on course for the dizzying heights of 3rd place in the Scottish Premier League when I posted that. What I said, how far they were from Celtic at that point, was completely true and correct at the time of posting. 

Rab’s dug three years deep to be a dick. Don’t chew him off, it’s not a good look. 

Sometimes people make predictions on how things go and end up getting it way off looking back on it a few years on.

There's nothing wrong with people looking back and having a laugh at an opinion that's a long ways from what actually happened.

And there's nothing wrong with getting a prediction way wrong. I don't think he's being a dick, he probably also thought you'd think it was a bit funny... at least I would, because I've had opinions that were way wrong and when someone pointed them out I'd have a laugh with them together about how wrong I was.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sometimes people make predictions on how things go and end up getting it way off looking back on it a few years on.

There's nothing wrong with people looking back and having a laugh at an opinion that's a long ways from what actually happened.

And there's nothing wrong with getting a prediction way wrong. I don't think he's being a dick, he probably also thought you'd think it was a bit funny... at least I would, because I've had opinions that were way wrong and when someone pointed them out I'd have a laugh with them together about how wrong I was.

Let him have his moment, he’s got some smiley faces, it’ll give him a warm glow.

It’s fairly dickish mind but maybe that’s just him.  

24 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Aye, Rangers were on course for the dizzying heights of 3rd place in the Scottish Premier League when I posted that. What I said, how far they were from Celtic at that point, was completely true and correct at the time of posting. 

Rab’s dug three years deep to be a dick. Don’t chew him off, it’s not a good look. 

What's your availability in winter? My driveway requires lots of salt.

Archived