talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Vinicius Junior Wants Neymar at Real Madrid

Real Madrid's £39m teenager, Vinicius Junior, wants Brazilian compatriot Neymar to join him at the Bernabeu.

Vinicius will join Real Madrid on his 18th birthday on July 12, 2018, having agreed a deal last year before he had even made a competitive appearance for his Brazilian club, Flamengo.

Real's early swoop may have been influenced by losing out on the signing of Neymar to rivals Barcelona in 2013.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get that it might be his dream to play with the Brazilian star and also can help accommodate him at the club but who is Vinicius Junior to demand signings? We get it you are a top South American talent but it's not your say if you aren't a proper name in football yet. Not even joined the club and thinks he can do what he wants.

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

What is it with Brazilians being obsessed with clubs signing pals for them?

Because unimaginative journalists always make the same old and lazy questions. I mean, the kid would never answer anything other than "it´d be a pleasure to play with Neymar one day and I hope comes to Madrid." Any other answer would be considered arrogant here.

The english translation also doesn´t happen, the answer sounds a bit different in portuguese. 

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Wow. They paid £40m for a player  based on under 17's form? 

They paid that because both Barcelona and Manchester City were also in advanced talks with him. When that sort of thing happens as it did with Gabriel Jesus before he decided on City, then the price goes through the roof.

Theres another Brazilian that's catching the eye massively in Rodrygo and he will almost certainly cost anything in the region of €50m without having ever kicked a ball in Europe.

Archived