talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wes Hoolahan

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final game for Norwich today. What a player. I think the best i've seen in a Norwich shirt. Them years under Lambert were just magical. Never relied on pace or power, just an immensely talented footballer.

350 games for Norwich, 50+ goals, 10 years, unbeaten against Ipswich, 3 promotions, 1x POTS, football league team of the decade.

I'll never forget that goal he scored against Italy in the euros as well,  what a goal.

No testimonial this season as pitch is being relayed, but the club have said he'll get one next season. He's starting and is captain today.

Thank you, Wes.

14 minutes ago, Marc said:

Final game for Norwich today. What a player. I think the best i've seen in a Norwich shirt. Them years under Lambert were just magical. Never relied on pace or power, just an immensely talented footballer.

350 games for Norwich, 50+ goals, 10 years, unbeaten against Ipswich, 3 promotions, 1x POTS, football league team of the decade.

I'll never forget that goal he scored against Italy in the euros as well,  what a goal.

No testimonial this season as pitch is being relayed, but the club have said he'll get one next season. He's starting and is captain today.

Thank you, Wes.

I remember him playing for Blackpool and thinking that whoever was going to sign him next in The Championship was going to get a real creative gem on their hands at this level. I convinced myself it was going to be QPR.

I was surprised initially it took him a while to get going but he definitely exceeded expectations once Paul Lambert got a rhythm out of him and he was able to maintain that level of performance for a considerable period of time.

It must feel like the end of an era at Norwich with so many of these long term players leaving in the last year or so.

Didn't see this topic. 

I think the time is right to move him on. He hasn't started much this season, he's 36 in May and is on big wages I assume.

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I remember him playing for Blackpool and thinking that whoever was going to sign him next in The Championship was going to get a real creative gem on their hands at this level. I convinced myself it was going to be QPR.

I was surprised initially it took him a while to get going but he definitely exceeded expectations once Paul Lambert got a rhythm out of him and he was able to maintain that level of performance for a considerable period of time.

It must feel like the end of an era at Norwich with so many of these long term players leaving in the last year or so.

Before Norwich and Lambert he played out wide, Lambert played him central and he's never looked back since.

Yeah it does feel like the end of an era, but despite a poor season i'm still feeling positive for some reason. I just wish we played more exciting football and attacked quicker.

If Russell Martin leaves as well, which is very likely. I think Josh Murphy will have the most appearances for Norwich at the club and he's about 22 years old and has played about 100 times.

On a monday night in 2011 we beat Portsmouth to get promoted back to the prem. I was lucky enough to go to the game and stayed overnight in a hotel. At the time I had a contact in the first team, after the game we went to tiger tiger in portsmouth and the whole Norwich squad went also. I'll never forget the whole Norwich squad chanting 'Wesley Hoolahan, Hoolahan, wesley Hoolahan nananana' while he was standing on a chair necking a drink. The players were singing Norwich songs all night, but that was the loudest. You could see the appreciation all the players had for him. 

Henry lansbury had his shirt off, necking a bottle of champers haha.

The below picture is from that night, amazing times.

wes-hoolahan-portsmouth.jpg

1 hour ago, Marc said:

Didn't see this topic. 

I think the time is right to move him on. He hasn't started much this season, he's 36 in May and is on big wages I assume.

Before Norwich and Lambert he played out wide, Lambert played him central and he's never looked back since.

Yeah it does feel like the end of an era, but despite a poor season i'm still feeling positive for some reason. I just wish we played more exciting football and attacked quicker.

If Russell Martin leaves as well, which is very likely. I think Josh Murphy will have the most appearances for Norwich at the club and he's about 22 years old and has played about 100 times.

On a monday night in 2011 we beat Portsmouth to get promoted back to the prem. I was lucky enough to go to the game and stayed overnight in a hotel. At the time I had a contact in the first team, after the game we went to tiger tiger in portsmouth and the whole Norwich squad went also. I'll never forget the whole Norwich squad chanting 'Wesley Hoolahan, Hoolahan, wesley Hoolahan nananana' while he was standing on a chair necking a drink. The players were singing Norwich songs all night, but that was the loudest. You could see the appreciation all the players had for him. 

Henry lansbury had his shirt off, necking a bottle of champers haha.

The below picture is from that night, amazing times.

wes-hoolahan-portsmouth.jpg

I was at that game. Monday night was Tiger Tiger night so we went to the game for 'pre drinks' xD

48 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I was at that game. Monday night was Tiger Tiger night so we went to the game for 'pre drinks' xD

You should've got for post drinks too! It must have been surreal for the students there on that monday night when the whole Norwich squad walked in at about midnightxD

I was on the pitch at the end. Pissed out of my head. Pompey fans are great.

Absolute jammy goal as well. Deflection, both posts...when it's your day, it's your day.

He's always been a thorn in our side. We missed the boat on him when he was at Blackpool and that was that.

Glad to see the back of him to be honest but that is a compliment to him.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived