• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday 29th April - Man Utd 2-1 Arsenal

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand we have a big away game Thursday but that's suicidal. Mavroponas making his debut alongside Chambers is ridiculous. I like Chambers but you can't throw them in to a game like this.

Honestly could be embarrassing here. Big game needed by that back 5.

• Administrator

Pogba breaks the deadlock.

Lukaku crosses in, Sanchez' header hits the post via Bellerin and Pogba first to the rebound to tap in. Deserved lead. 1-0. 

Thought it was going to be much worse but we've not been terrible. Only conceded an unlucky goal from a rebound and we maybe shoudl've had a freekick before the start of that move. Mavropanos doing okay on his debut, Maitland-Niles impressive as always.

• Administrator
Just now, Kitchen Sales said:

His blood pressure must be through the roof. Why is so angry about an Arsenal midfielder? I don't get it. Does he just hate Man Utd that much?

I think he just hates anyone that doesn't give 100% effort, regardless of actual ability of the player. Every player has to be like him!

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Mkhitaryan not celebrating is absolutely laughable. Such superficial bullshit.

Hate all that me. Would much prefer to see players celebrate like they would for a goal against any other side

Good stuff from Xhaka. A slight mistake and he gets slated Everytime and people pretend he never does anything right but even though he's been very good recently and for the equaliser today as well, that gets forgotten very quickly. Narratives and agendas are a powerful thing in football. Pundits and journalists are empty headed twats in football.

• Administrator
Just now, bozziovai said:

i thought mhkitaryan would do a double somersault after that goal, after all the drama he had from United and Jose he should have been elated to exact revenge ........

should have celebrated like Suarez did in front of Moyes (?) all those seasons ago xD 

Anyway, this 2nd half has been underwhelming. Not as many opportunities as first half and more of a tactical battle. Not many clear cut chances.

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Hate all that me. Would much prefer to see players celebrate like they would for a goal against any other side

This used to be the iconic fixture of English football for me growing up. An excellent rivalry built solely on footballing success. That it's come to one player who used to play for the other not celebrating is a symbol of how bland football has turned.

• Administrator

Shout out for Mavropanos today. Big game to be called up for considering he's not played at all so far for Arsenal. He's done alright to be fair to him.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

World class Martial changing the game. Oh wait, same old shite, no end product.

he's been absolutely doggoxD 

• The title was changed to Sunday 29th April - Man Utd 2-1 Arsenal
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived