talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marouane Fellaini Moves to Shandong Luneng

football forum

Jose Mourinho says an agreement is "almost" in place for Marouane Fellaini to extend his contract at Manchester United.

The 30-year-old Belgium international's deal at Old Trafford expires at the end of the season, meaning he is able to negotiate a free transfer away from United.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marouane Fellaini's time at Manchester United is up - well, that's according to AC Milan sporting director Massimiliano Mirabelli. The Belgian's current contract expires this summer, and though Mourinho says an agreement is "in place" to extend his spell, Mirabelli believes the 30-year-old will not renew at Old Trafford. As a result, Milan are deemed as favourites should the midfielder decide to leave, though he is odds-on to remain at United.

• Administrator

Marseille bound?

Marseille have shown interest in signing Marouane Fellaini this summer. The 30-year-old is out of contract and has been mentioned as a target for both AC Milan and Monaco. The French side have held talks with the Belgium international's representatives but his wage demands may prove to be a stumbling block.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11386895/european-paper-round-up-marseille-want-manchester-united-midfielder-marouane-fellaini

• The title was changed to Marouane Fellaini Linked With AC Milan & Marseille
10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

If the AC Milan connection is true then someone should kidnap whoever's incharge of signings at the club and hide him away from anything to do with football.

AC Milan couldn't smell  their own shit on their knees 

38 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'd have him back. Totally underrated player.

You may want him back mate but there's always a pretty substantially decent reason as to why something or someone is almost universally underrated.  A very limited player but I'll give him that there are a few traits due to his physique that can benefit a team in certain circumstances.

13 hours ago, SirBalon said:

If the AC Milan connection is true then someone should kidnap whoever's incharge of signings at the club and hide him away from anything to do with football.

I'm sure whoever it is just forms this team on Fifa and doesn't understand why it work so well on there, but not in reality. xD

Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

I'm sure whoever it is just forms this team on Fifa and doesn't understand why it work so well on there, but not in reality. xD

I don't remember who or where in the forum someone quoted the now ex-Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri on  comment he made very related to these things.

It's all mental!

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You may want him back mate but there's always a pretty substantially decent reason as to why something or someone is almost universally underrated.  A very limited player but I'll give him that there are a few traits due to his physique that can benefit a team in certain circumstances.

His ball control and general technique are constantly overlooked. People don't like him because he's a clumsy and dirty bastard. He's limited in terms of his pace and technical passing which means he doesn't fit in with the current fashion of high pressing football admittedly but he could still do a job for most teams in this league beyond playing as a last minute target man like people think.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

They are such a shambles. Like they don't have a scouting network. 

It's somewhat sad, yet very entertaining as well. What an absolute mess they have become. 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I imagine you're loving it as an Inter fan xD

I am, and while I don't live in Milan, everyone on here knows I've been to a few matches in the San Siro and was lucky to become an Inter fan, but could have just as easily be an AC fan. But yeah, this is unreal what they have become. 

Just now, Eco said:

I am, and while I don't live in Milan, everyone on here knows I've been to a few matches in the San Siro and was lucky to become an Inter fan, but could have just as easily be an AC fan. But yeah, this is unreal what they have become. 

As a neutral who's always liked the Serie A... I've sort of always liked both clubs (because... you know, with no real affinity for either of them they are 2 pretty impressive clubs that have put on some great matches for us over the last few decades, so they're easy for a neutral to respect a lot). But yeah, it's shocking to see what's happened to AC Milan. I think them, more than any club that was caught up in Calciopoli, has failed to rebound from the fallout of that the most.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

As a neutral who's always liked the Serie A... I've sort of always liked both clubs (because... you know, with no real affinity for either of them they are 2 pretty impressive clubs that have put on some great matches for us over the last few decades, so they're easy for a neutral to respect a lot). But yeah, it's shocking to see what's happened to AC Milan. I think them, more than any club that was caught up in Calciopoli, has failed to rebound from the fallout of that the most.

Yeah - they were in deep with politics too, and just haven't been able to find an investor in the club like Inter have. At first I was broken hearted that Inter weren't owned by Moratti anymore, but this group seems to really care and have really gotten this club back on it's feet. 

AC just seem like they are staying afloat. 

• Administrator

going to Arsenal?

Arsenal are set to hold talks with Marouane Fellaini with his Manchester United contract expiring at the end of the month.

Fellaini, the Belgium midfielder, is reportedly going to leave Old Trafford this summer when his deal runs out, having failed to agree new terms with Jose Mourinho’s side.

AC Milan have emerged as contenders for the 30-year-old, who will feature for Belgium at this summer’s World Cup, while Paris Saint-Germain are also said to be interested in Fellaini.

However, France’s Foot365 now say Fellaini is set to have his representatives meet with Arsenal boss Unai Emery over a potential summer move to the Emirates.

Fellaini started just five Premier League matches in 2017/18, having suffered with a knee injury for much of the campaign, and he wishes to secure more consistent first-team football for next season.

https://talksport.com/football/arsenal-fc-transfer-news-manchester-united-marouane-fellaini-set-talks-gunners-contract

• The title was changed to Marouane Fellaini - Arsenal Latest Club Linked
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived