talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Barcelona Confirmed as La Liga 17/18 Champions

• Administrator

Done with ease this season.

4 games to spare. Earliest it's been done for Barca since Van Gaal was in charge over 20 years ago.

Unbeaten as well this season. After losing the Super Cup against Real Madrid it looked like it was going to be more success for them but Barca had other ideas!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Barca are lucky Zidane doesn't care about the league. 

They are lucky that Zidane's three tactics didn't work so well.

1.Yell ¡Vamos!

2. Yell ¡Vamos! while clapping

3. If all else fails yell ¡Vamos! and whistle

Interesting showing the impact of Messi: 

@rubenuria 

Ligas antes de Messi:

Real Madrid 29

FC Barcelona 16

At. Madrid 9

Athletic 8

Valencia CF 6

Ligas en la era Messi:

FC Barcelona 9

Real Madrid 4

At. Madrid 1

Athletic 0

Valencia CF 0

4 hours ago, El_Loco said:

Interesting showing the impact of Messi: 

I think that is disingenuous because the sport on a whole is completely different to when Valencia last won La Liga, let alone Athletic.

9 hours ago, Cicero said:

Barca are lucky Zidane doesn't care about the league. 

Proper lucky to be honest, although if he doesn't win the Champions League he's gonna have to think up a real good convincing story to tell Uncle Florentino on why Real have been so crap this season in the title race.

Can't deny how impressive they have been, especially to go unbeaten so far. Barcelona's sheer dominance in the league has been very impressive this last decade.

For Real Madrid to have only won 2 in the time Ronaldo has been there is totally embrassing though. Especially with their budget.

Valverde staying is a must for me. The football hasn't been the most eye catching under him compared to previous managers, but I see that getting better next season with new personnel and players such as Dembele and Coutinho being more adapted and a player or 2 brought in.

I also see something forming there between Messi and Suarez with Coutinho and Dembele. The understanding is slowly forming, although next season is when we will see what they are really about.

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Valverde staying is a must for me. The football hasn't been the most eye catching under him compared to previous managers, but I see that getting better next season with new personnel and players such as Dembele and Coutinho being more adapted and a player or 2 brought in.

I also see something forming there between Messi and Suarez with Coutinho and Dembele. The understanding is slowly forming, although next season is when we will see what they are really about.

I disagree. I think you lot will grow tired of Valverde. 

Much more conservative than what Barca are used to. Still think some players don't enjoy the way they play and his tactics. 

17 hours ago, Spike said:

I think that is disingenuous because the sport on a whole is completely different to when Valencia last won La Liga, let alone Athletic.

I get what you´re saying, Spike. In that sense, the title match is very emblematic. Deportivo La Coruña, a strong club in the 90s and early 2000s can barely survive in the first division nowadays. Still, to some extent,  even if lesser, Barcelona and Real Madrid have been the dominating forces in spanish football for a long time, with Real Madrid being generally the strongest side in that rivalry. The point of tweet is that it shows that the Iniesta, Xavi, Messi generation has really changed the dynamics of the rivalry. 

For more than a decade now, Barcelona and not Real Madrid have been the dominant force in domestic football and that sure has to bother Florentino Pérez. 

Archived