talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pre-Season Friendlies/Tours 2018/19

football forum

Getting to that time of year where Premier League teams start releasing details about what Asian country/American states/daft pre-season tournament and whatever money making schemes they’re embarking on in the name of pre-season friendlies. 

I’ve seen Manchester United are off to the USA, I’m sure others have released details so here’s a dedicated thread to pre-season.

Tottenham are bound to have a ‘big’ friendly as an opening game of the new stadium, if it’s completed. I imagine it’ll be a Bayern, Barca, Juve, Real type opponent. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Doubt Spurs will have a game there if their first 4 home games are due to be played away apparently. 

I'm glad we're not gonna be involved in any international tournament (well I hope not anyway). Stick to playing teams here and not faffing about going to America, Sweden and Asia like we have past couple of seasons. 

34 minutes ago, Stan said:

Doubt Spurs will have a game there if their first 4 home games are due to be played away apparently. 

I'm glad we're not gonna be involved in any international tournament (well I hope not anyway). Stick to playing teams here and not faffing about going to America, Sweden and Asia like we have past couple of seasons. 

Didn’t realise that, thought they’d try and have got the ground done so they could have a big opening game, unless it’s planned that they open with a big league game like a Chelsea or someone of that ilk rather than Bournemouth or someone like that. 

• The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber

There was a rumour flying around that we were going on a tour of Holland, playing three friendlies with one of those being NAC Breda, although I've since been told that it isn't true and we're just going to Austria and Switzerland, playing two friendlies at training grounds out there against other sides on tour. A bit dull but I'd rather that than one of these stupid tournaments thousands of miles away.

It isn't confirmed yet, but there's loads of people saying that on August 1st we're playing Valencia at home, which is a very good friendly.

I just hope we get a few grounds I've not been to yet. Give me Cambridge, Boston, Notts County and Shrewsbury.

Imagine we'll play at Burton again. I miss the days of Hinckley away. That was a good day out right up the road.

German sides love a friendly in the arse end of Austria. Valencia is a good one, mind.

Leeds United are playing Ossett United, the team who are the merger between Ossett Albion and Ossett Town, in, what I'm guessing, will be there first game as one club.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Arsenal
26 July v Atletico Madrid (Singapore Sports Hub) International Champions Cup (ICC) Details
28 July v Paris Saint Germain (Singapore Sports Hub) ICC Details
4 August v Chelsea (Friends Arena, Stockholm) ICC Details

Chelsea
23 July v Perth Glory (Optus Stadium, Perth) Details
28 July v Sevilla (National Stadium, Warsaw) ICC Details
1 Aug v Inter Milan (Ullevi Stadium, Gothenburg) ICC Details
4 Aug v Arsenal (Friends Arena) ICC Details
5 Aug v Man City (Wembley) FA Community Shield

Liverpool 
22 July v Borussia Dortmund (Bank of America Stadium, N Carolina) ICC Details
25 July v Manchester City (MetLife Stadium, New York) ICC Details
28 July v Manchester United (Michigan Stadium) ICC Details
4 Aug v Napoli (Aviva Stadium, Dublin) Details

Manchester City
20 July v Borussia Dortmund (Soldier Field Stadium, Chicago) ICC Details
25 July v Liverpool (MetLife Stadium) ICC Details
28 July v Bayern Munich (Hard Rock Stadium, Miami) ICC Details
5 Aug v Chelsea (Wembley) FA Community Shield

Manchester United
19 July v Club America (Phoenix University Stadium, Arizona) Details
22 July v San Jose Earthquakes (Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara) Details
25 July v AC Milan (Rose Bowl Stadium, LA) ICC Details
28 July v Liverpool (Michigan Stadium) ICC Details
31 July v Real Madrid (Hard Rock Stadium) ICC Details

Tottenham Hotspur
25 July v Roma (SDCCU Stadium, San Diego) ICC Details
28 July v Barcelona (Rose Bowl Stadium) ICC Details
31 July v AC Milan (US Bank Stadium, Minneapolis) ICC Details

Watford
28 July v Brentford (Griffin Park, Brentford) Details

Wolverhampton Wanderers
10-14 July v Basel (Switzerland) Uhrencup Details
10-14 July v Young Boys (Switzerland) Uhrencup Details

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Domestic Football friendlies have, quite rightly, become a bit of a sideshow of England’s World Cup campaign with many games this Saturday being cancelled or moved to between 11am-1pm so people can watch both England and whatever friendly they were intending on. 

Southampton have drew 3-3 in China with Schalke so far. 

On 06/07/2018 at 19:06, Dan said:

I'm going to Lille away but what a fucking pain it is getting there.

Easy no? Eurostar straight into the city, though I imagine it’s the kids holiday’s so prices might be shit. Worst case, Megabus do coaches out there from London for peanuts. Know a load of lads that did Lille during the Euros for something like £30 return. 

I was going to do Brentwood Town v West Ham XI, which would have been their youth team and reserves on Wednesday but then it got moved to Tuesday because of the World Cup but I’m at a funeral tomorrow so won’t be about for it. 

Our pre season games changed so to update on here.

Chelsea

23 July v Perth Glory (Optus Stadium, Perth) 
28 July v Inter Milan (Ullevi Stadium, Gothenburg) 
1 Aug v Arsenal (Friends Arena) 
5 Aug v Man City (Wembley) FA Community Shield

7 Aug v Lyon (Stamford Bridge) 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Easy no? Eurostar straight into the city, though I imagine it’s the kids holiday’s so prices might be shit. Worst case, Megabus do coaches out there from London for peanuts. Know a load of lads that did Lille during the Euros for something like £30 return. 

I was going to do Brentwood Town v West Ham XI, which would have been their youth team and reserves on Wednesday but then it got moved to Tuesday because of the World Cup but I’m at a funeral tomorrow so won’t be about for it. 

Yeah sorry I should've said pricey rather than not easy - I personally don't mind paying a bit for it as I've always fancied going on it but mates of mine just can't justify it. It's such a pain.

I'll likely drive it and stay over. We're tying in Lens v Red Star on the Friday as well.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Yeah sorry I should've said pricey rather than not easy - I personally don't mind paying a bit for it as I've always fancied going on it but mates of mine just can't justify it. It's such a pain.

I'll likely drive it and stay over. We're tying in Lens v Red Star on the Friday as well.

Even from Ebbsfleet as well as Kings Cross? 

I'm off to the Toulouse game on the 4th. 

Ive just found out it is the return of John Bostock. 

Personally I don't care about the saga any more. As a club we have far exceeded anything I expected us too during his career. We have also far exceeded him. 

He's pretty much come out since and told everybody he was told by his agent and his Dad what to do at 15. The contract was on the table and he was told he had to sign there and then or Tottenham withdraw their offer. He done himself absolutely no favours in every interview he did for the next two or three years, but it seems like he's the first to admit now his advice was wrong.

In a way, given how he was literally at rock bottom about four or five years ago. It's quite admirable to see him go abroad, earn the title of Ligue Two Player of the Season and is now expected to play a big role in the French Division. A lot of young players suffering from such a fall in grace would have just given up.

Unfortunately, I don't think many fans will be as level headed as myself and it will be an opportunity to jeer him repeatedly.

Marcin Bulka
Jared Thompson
Bradley Collins
David Luiz
Ethan Ampadu
Fikayo Tomori
Michael Hector
Tomas Kalas
Marcos Alonso
Emerson
Davide Zappacosta
Ola Aina
Cesc Fabregas
Danny Drinkwater
Tiemoue Bakayoko
Ross Barkley
Mario Pasalic
Jorginho
Kasey Palmer
Pedro
Lucas Piazon
Charly Musonda
Callum Hudson-Odoi
Alvaro Morata
Tammy Abraham

• Subscriber

Beat Notts County 1-4 earlier. Can't provide a proper analysis of the game, spent most of it nearly throwing up xD went waaaaay too heavy on the drink today.

Morgan, Choudhury, Gray and Slimani for us. Gray's was a good goal.

From the bits I saw we pretty much dominated. Shame there's no other aways in England.

Good day though. I like going to Nottingham for football without spending the day shitting myself about the result. Another one of the 92 ticked off too.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived