talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pre-Season Friendlies/Tours 2018/19

football forum

We face Perth monday. Travelling all the way to Australia for one game is a bit odd. However, I wouldn't mind a loss given I want Sarri to see the problems in the squad straight away. 

Going to be interesting to see his plans on the likes of Drinkwater, Bakayoko, and Barkley. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

We face Perth monday. Travelling all the way to Australia for one game is a bit odd. However, I wouldn't mind a loss given I want Sarri to see the problems in the squad straight away. 

Going to be interesting to see his plans on the likes of Drinkwater, Bakayoko, and Barkley. 

To Perth too rather than Sydney or Melbourne

35 minutes ago, Stan said:

Watching Atletico vs Arsenal (in Singapore obvs)

Smith-Rowe has just scored a brilliant goal. Took on a couple of players and hits a shot from just outside the box. Maybe one for the future?!

@Chaaay AFC @6666 @Panna King @Gunnersauraus @...Dan @SirBalon maybe you know about him already?

To be honest I haven’t seen anything of him because tv coverage in the UK with youth players isn’t easy to get and whereas years ago I used to actually go and watch some Arsenal youth games, nowadays it’s impossible for me.

But I have heard speak about him and read an article or two in local newspapers. He is supposed to be promising. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Smith-Rowe has just scored a brilliant goal. Took on a couple of players and hits a shot from just outside the box. Maybe one for the future?!

@Chaaay AFC @6666 @Panna King @Gunnersauraus @...Dan @SirBalon maybe you know about him already?

He hasn't really been mentioned since this pre-season. Was recommended by those that deal with the youth to be taken on the tour. Seems like a tidy midfielder. Similar to Reiss Nelson being involved last pre-season.

8 hours ago, Stan said:

I started to hear some rave reviews of him towards the end if last season, he scored some belters for the u-23s etc. 

Have to wait and see though, Nelson and Nketiah look promising but it is so hard to know if youngsters can truly make the step up, especially at this level.

8 hours ago, Stan said:

I started to hear some rave reviews of him towards the end if last season, he scored some belters for the u-23s etc. 

Have to wait and see though, Nelson and Nketiah look promising but it is so hard to know if youngsters can truly make the step up, especially at this level.

8 hours ago, Stan said:

3 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Sokratis is so slow, not looking like a good signing, his pace will be a a massive liability. 

There are too many gaps between the three lines on the pitch which is exposing physical attributes or deficiencies in regards to each player.  Emery has to get those lines closed in because this isn't PSG who had pace to burn and would make opponents fall back.

Sokratis is a quality defender but by exposing him he will suffer and he's not the only one.  Torreira for example is used to playing in compact midfields near the back line.

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There are too many gaps between the three lines on the pitch which is exposing physical attributes or deficiencies in regards to each player.  Emery has to get those lines closed in because this isn't PSG who had pace to burn and would make opponents fall back.

Sokratis is a quality defender but by exposing him he will suffer and he's not the only one.  Torreira for example is used to playing in compact midfields near the back line.

Well Arsenal have been exposed at the back for a number of years for this reason.  Sokratis will be judged of course during the season but from what I have seen of him even against Boreham Wood, He doesnt look an improvement.  Klosanic is another, just a weightlifter trying to play football.

• Administrator

Rob Holding just scored a header from just inside the penalty area. Decent header. 4-1 to Arsenal.

Meanwhile we're losing 2-0 against Udinese. Lasagna scored their first.

• Administrator

5-1 to Arsenal. Camera pans to some fans. There's a woman with a Barcelona top on cheering the goal. 

Obviously. 

And then a couple of other fans have PSG tops on holding Arsenal tops up like they're celebrating. Fucking weird.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

5-1 to Arsenal. Camera pans to some fans. There's a woman with a Barcelona top on cheering the goal. 

Obviously. 

And then a couple of other fans have PSG tops on holding Arsenal tops up like they're celebrating. Fucking weird.

Don't know what else you expect. Seeing "marquee" matches and giving casual fans a chance to come and see games under the guise of an impressive sounding competition title is the whole point of pre season for the top clubs these days.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Don't know what else you expect. Seeing "marquee" matches and giving casual fans a chance to come and see games under the guise of an impressive sounding competition title is the whole point of pre season for the top clubs these days.

i know. just emphasises how different the culture of football is over there compared to here.

also emphasises how much clubs will pander to these kinds of fans as opposed to fans over here, sadly.

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

We have Arsenal next after we play Inter tonight in Nice. Well 5-1 is impressive even in a pre season friendly against PSG.

It was an extremely weak PSG team to be fair. xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived