talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pre-Season Friendlies/Tours 2018/19

football forum

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Batshuayi atm is what I am hoping for. Think he has everything to strive in Sarri's system. 

He is being told he is part of Sarri's plans this season.. would be nice to see him being given a decent crack at it.. can't be any worse than sticking with Morata on current form.. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odoi, no word of a lie, has set up Morata a good 2-3 chances where it was just himself and the keeper, and has ruined every one of them. 

Hope he keeps it up. Will either force the board to buy a striker or Sarri will play Batshuayi

Jorginho is such a beautiful man 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Odoi, no word of a lie, has set up Morata a good 2-3 chances where it was just himself and the keeper, and has ruined every one of them. 

Hope he keeps it up. Will either force the board to buy a striker or Sarri will play Batshuayi

Jorginho is such a beautiful man 

Nearly got one himself there... sometimes our lack of pace elsewhere is killing us as well... If Odoi had someone else to slide a pass to that would have been 2 but he was all alone with no other options.. 

Think the conditions and circumstances have to be just right for Barkley to do well but I just cannot see him finding those circumstances here at Chelsea, mainly given the fast natured and unforgiving environment the club conducts itself in. Let’s hope I’m proved wrong as the current style and manager suits him a lot more and you would think that if he can’t stake a good claim this season, he never will (that’s if he stays fit).

He’s the definition of a player that plays best when he isn’t thinking, whenever he has more time on the ball he struggles more. I’ve been annoyed with him a good few times already this pre-season because of his final ball.

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

Think the conditions and circumstances have to be just right for Barkley to do well but I just cannot see him finding those circumstances here at Chelsea, mainly given the fast natured and unforgiving environment the club conducts itself in. Let’s hope I’m proved wrong as the current style and manager suits him a lot more and you would think that if he can’t stake a good claim this season, he never will (that’s if he stays fit).

He’s the definition of a player that plays best when he isn’t thinking, whenever he has more time on the ball he struggles more. I’ve been annoyed with him a good few times already this pre-season because of his final ball.

Agree with that... 

I would slap a yellow card on any player that picked up the ball after being given a free kick or throw in the other way as it's all just tactical and time wasting play.. something I believe they are trying to give yellow and reds to managers for this season.. 

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Oh... we conceded.. I am shocked and stunned

Never saw that coming... 

Yeah defence ain't helping our GK, who's been brilliant since he's come on. 

Only took Drinkwater and Bakayoko to be on the pitch together and for Moses to be captain for Arsenal to really get something from this xD

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Yeah defence ain't helping our GK, who's been brilliant since he's come on. 

Only took Drinkwater and Bakayoko to be on the pitch together and for Moses to be captain for Arsenal to really get something from this xD

Arsenal have been so much better this half in fairness but we should have been well out of reach by now... Even Sarri was smiling at the end there

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Arsenal have been so much better this half in fairness but we should have been well out of reach by now... Even Sarri was smiling at the end there

Think this game in particular highlights our strengths and definitely highlights our blatant weaknesses, of which we already knew....

• Administrator

We drew 1-1 with Valencia but based on our performance we were definitely good for the win. A lot of youngsters played their part - players who have been in our reserve squad last couple of seasons but should be looking at loan moves to get regular playing time at a competitive league standard i.e league two/league one. 

Oh.. did we lose this game.. 

I am shocked and surprised... 

I have at least worked out why I am not keen on Ozil now.. after he scored he gave that little smile walking back and he reminds me of that complete waste of fucking space that is my daughters boyfriend... It all makes sense now

Saw the second half. First time I have seen arsenal under emery. Quite impressed to be honest. We looked more organised at the back and weren't fucking around in the final third. 

I've enjoyed the first half of all of our preseason games, and dreaded the 2nd half of all of our preseason games thus far. 

I understand fitness plays a major part, but also the sheer difference in quality between our starting XI and bench players. 

I can't see us finishing top 4 with Alonso and Morata starting, along with Barkley/Reuben Loftus-Cheek as our attacking midfielder options. 

Not long home from going to a hastily arranged friendly between Harlow Town and a West Ham XI, that comprised of what looked like 16-18 year old’s. 

There were over 800 there which far eclipses Harlow’s normal attendances but everyone went home without seeing a goal as both sides played out a 0-0 draw. 

West Ham’s kids, and I really mean kids, they looked really young, were technically far superior to Harlow’s and want to get the ball down on the 4G and play a fast paced passing game. Harlow were more happy playing through balls hoping to get in behind West Ham. I didn’t recognise any of the West Ham kids nor did I manage to get/see a teamsheet but they had a handful of promising players. 

Both teams had decent chances to score but forced saves from the opposition keeper but the game fizzled out after about an hour and the final half hour was dour and I couldn’t wait for it to end.  

• The topic was unpinned

Archived