• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Wednesday 2nd May - Roma (6) 4-2 (7) Liverpool (SF 2nd Leg)

Recommended Posts

football forum

Roma to win, but not by 3 goals. I think 2-0 or 2-1 is the most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue said:

Roma to win, but not by 3 goals. I think 2-0 or 2-1 is the most likely.

I reckon because they need goals they'll go out on the attack. Liverpool to score on the counter and go 1 up on the night.

Roma to then score 3 and make it a nervy final few minutes for Liverpool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the big issue here, I read it somewhere on here, is how using width will be very hard on their pitch but I still fancy us to go through and get a goal on the night because they will be desperate to score and that will leave gaps. How well we operate in that space is anyone's guess but if we hold strong in the first half I can't see us not getting something in the second. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think the big issue here, I read it somewhere on here, is how using width will be very hard on their pitch but I still fancy us to go through and get a goal on the night because they will be desperate to score and that will leave gaps. How well we operate in that space is anyone's guess but if we hold strong in the first half I can't see us not getting something in the second. 

The olimpico is a very difficult pitch. Very narrow and the grass is almost like turf. 

I think this played a major factor in how they handled Barca so easily. No width to exploit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The olimpico is a very difficult pitch. Very narrow and the grass is almost like turf. 

I think this played a major factor in how they handled Barca so easily. No width to exploit. 

Yeah it's 7 or 8 meters narrower than at Anfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The olimpico is a very difficult pitch. Very narrow and the grass is almost like turf. 

I think this played a major factor in how they handled Barca so easily. No width to exploit. 

I think that will stop the balls that bypass the midfield (part of the reason we were so effective at home in the first leg) but I also don't think that its going to offer a lot of containment options if we overload the midfield and offer short outlets to the wings (pseudo-width). The key in most of the better play in the second leg against City was the pressing more than the open space to run into which came later. Once you get their midfield shorted then things really start to break down and in their game it was only until later when they realized substitutions were required is when things really started to gel for them. Tough night for the defense coming up but I still think we have a good chance of scoring there and its only come because of the hard work put in during the first leg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Roma will do it,  I am a very big fan of Liverpool this season but there is something about Roma that with their home form, it seems possible that they can get 3 goals without conceding.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

I believe Roma will do it,  I am a very big fan of Liverpool this season but there is something about Roma that with their home form, it seems possible that they can get 3 goals without conceding.   

I believe you are talking out of your own arse given the massive hard on you have for Ronaldo. 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I believe you are talking out of your own arse given the massive hard on you have for Ronaldo. 

 

Why?  Roma can do it,  Liverpool can be beaten, it will be tough for Roma but there is something to say that this tie is not over yet.     What is the beef with Ronaldo? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
30 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Roma 4-1 Liverpool

This was so predictable it actually hurts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blue said:

This was so predictable it actually hurts

You want a laugh? Look at every Liverpool CL thread since the group stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

You want a laugh? Look at every Liverpool CL thread since the group stage. 

Every Peru thread too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Every Peru thread too.

just like every thread has to have some mention of Peru in it!

Swings and roundabouts.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Moving swiftly on.......

ffs don't bring Swifty in to this

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fucking knew someone would bring that retard up. Can’t believe he genuinely thought I was the Big Show 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I fucking knew someone would bring that retard up. Can’t believe he genuinely thought I was the Big Show 😂

yeah, Big Show looks nothing like you Des! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Whatever happened to good ol' Swifty

Banned. 

It becomes a reoccuring theme that the village idiot is either a Chelsea fan or a United fan. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I fucking knew someone would bring that retard up. Can’t believe he genuinely thought I was the Big Show 😂

xDxDxD

#BringBackSwifty 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roma will try to have another heroic night, but Liverpool are very good on the counter and will finish the tie before half-time.

1-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lallana is in the squad for tomorrow. Some good news on the injury front!

Liverpool squad: Karius, Clyne, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Firmino, Salah, Henderson, Klavan, Moreno, Mane, Lallana, Mignolet, Robertson, Ings, Solanke, Jones, Ward, Woodburn, Masterson, Camacho, Alexander-Arnold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt he's match fit, but that's definitely good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do believe our attack is more blistering on the counter than Barcelona. We are gonna get chances.

Please don't fuck this up lads. My heart can't take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool have only conceded three goals in a game once since Van Dijk has been in the team.

Cannot see them conceding three tomorrow night with him at the heart of the defence. Sorry.

Liverpool to progress.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Kloop will be klopp and still attack instead of defending the lead. An early goal from Roma would be great for this match.

I agree, an early goal would test their resolve. City had Liverpool on the ropes at one stage and Liverpool were lucky it never got to 2-0 before Salah settled it.

That said, Roma are not City and I think Liverpool have opportunities to score. They will not lose this tie, I'm so sure of it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Kloop will be klopp and still attack instead of defending the lead. An early goal from Roma would be great for this match.

agree with this for sure. Would definitely make it great for the neutral. Liverpool get a bit shaky. Roma's belief grows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement